• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design little help on lighting problem please?

Apr 23, 2019
hi guys. fresh noob here. i'm making a map for a first time and i got into lighting problem that i can't solve it alone.

there are 2 floors, 1st floor is almost dark because theres no specific light but only dark indoorskylight brightness. i set a spotlight on ceilings of 2nd floor

2nd floor got shinning and it seems fine, but problem is 1st floor. floors and ceilings are good but walls got lights just like the one in 2nd floor.

both floors are in indoorlightingvolume. i tried to put outdoorlightingvolume in 1st floor and it helped nothing.

i wish i could put a image but uploading url just won't work. X(

i feel little desperate. is there any idea or recommandations you guys would kindly offer?

Its hard to read your post and interpret what your problem is - your screenshot either is trying to show that:
  1. The poor lightmaps from the meshes with the random lines from the shadows - this is usually fixed when you combine static meshes and remap the lightmaps - but this is saved until the end of mapping
  2. There's light bleed from a point light on the other side of the wall/floor because the light radius is too big - either reduce the radius and/or move it away from the wall
  3. The light that is meant to be inside is being overridden to cast lights on both indoor and outdoor. Change by editing 'Lighting Channels' and 'Override Auto Lighting Channels' under the Light's properties Light Component > Light Component
  4. The mesh's light environment is being overridden - check the same properties under Static Mesh Component > Lighting

Upvote 0