• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Little details you love

Melting of the mg barrels is always fun when your in a tense situation.
Using at grenades to destroy tanks, but depending on where you hit the tank for damage.
Using satchel charges to destroy things, so some places don't become a meat grind.
Single bullet and stripper clip loading for the rifles.
Flak and what ever they shoot into the air, in the sky as you battle.(the effect of it on red October factory is awesome imo.)
Footsteps and far ways gun shots.

Upvote 0
Melting of the mg barrels is always fun when your in a tense situation.
Using at grenades to destroy tanks, but depending on where you hit the tank for damage.
Using satchel charges to destroy things, so some places don't become a meat grind.
Single bullet and stripper clip loading for the rifles.
Flak and what ever they shoot into the air, in the sky as you battle.(the effect of it on red October factory is awesome imo.)
Footsteps and far ways gun shots.

Life of Brian. You lucky bastard. - YouTube
watch

Upvote 0
+ First person cover system. Seriously, this is the best cover system in any game ever made ever.
+ Ability to toss grenades over walls while in cover.
+ Blind fire that is actually blind!
+ Mounting system.
+ Weapon-collision system that prevents your weapon from clipping through walls and revealing your location. It really shows that TWI is able to improve the genre. Thought admittedly the third-person animations associated with this are kinda bad.
+ Scoped rifles with usable back-up sights.
+ Excellent voice-acting.

Upvote 0
- Freedom to move around in levels
- Although I think they shifted a bit too far, I like the lower recoil and higher accuracy with smgs/semis.
- Penetration abilities
- Stopping power of different bullets
- Tactical view (imo great addition)
- Delayed death messages
- Ability to interrupt more actions (although would still like to see nearly every action interruptible).
- Ability to mantle over objects
- No mouse speed change when resting your weapon
- Ability to fire with reasonable accuracy from a non rested position (although I think it is actually too easy now).
- Ability to dial in the range with various weaponry.
- The added slight suppression jerk when people fire at you (although I think its a tad too subtile).
- The height adjustment from the cover system.
- Blind throwing nades
- Generally smoother animations
- Reverb sound effects when indoor
- Weight system for carrying additional weaponry

Personal wishlist.
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You hate

-Bullet penetration
-Better MG mechanics
-Better tanking mechanics
-Better modelled guns all around
-Very good animation system
-Improved engine

I could go on, but I don't think I have to. Or want to.

Read the original post. Only the things that I like is posted.
And yes, you can read between the lines. Whether I like it or not is my opinion and I believe I am entitled to it without being trolled by the likes of you.
There's no reason to troll on every single thread.
Go on? There was no reason to start in the first place.

Upvote 0
- voices
- blood on the floor of a wounded soldier
- animations
- tank and soldiertextures
- explosions
- artillery
- motorsounds of the tanks
- the taunts
- the threatening sound of a driving panzer in a combi map.
- the screams of the solidiers after a action. For example you throw a
smoke grenade and then you scream SMOKE OUT.
- the maps are made by real photo`s
- flying men during artillery
etc...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The animations are phenomenal. From the fore mentioned pistol firing stance to reloading while prone, they're spot on. Have you noticed the machine gunners when they're at a tall window? It's so fluid. The third person view of people in the cover system (leaning, blind firing, all that) are equally impressive.

Reloading! No magic hand-waves! You actually watch someone reload in third person!

Upvote 0