• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

List of Upgrades

Should try to lab the recoil with some precision but off the cuff I'd say it has slightly more recoil than a single shot from mp40. As for the usefulness of the mode, it MIGHT be somewhat useful when shooting at very long ranges but need more experience on that, does seem a bit lackluster so far.

As I posted above, Soviet weapons are what they are... I love them but have to say that my airsoft M4A1 ergonomics and sights are much better than my AK ones... but I love my AK anyway...
That DP28 firing single shots is maybe a modification made to be legally used by civilians... as an MG is designed for sustained supressive automatic fire no single shot is needed... so Mr Detgyarev didn

Upvote 0
Funny to see some complain about the recoil of the PPSh41 and yet completely forget about the excessive recoil of either the Mkb42, MG34 or DP28 ingame atm.

Try firing the Mkb42 full auto standing ingame, it's impossible to control, esp. because of the weird sideways recoil it somehow has. The real life Sturmgewehr, be it an StG44 or Mkb42, isn't that hard to control, and the recoil is linear, it doesn't recoil to the sides..

One example:
MP-44 Full Auto - YouTube

But really, the problem of too high a recoil for the MkB wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for the fact that it currently takes roughly the same amount of hits to kill someone with it ingame as it does with an MP40 or PPSh41. The MkB shoots rifle rounds for pete's sake, hitting with nearly four times the energy of a 7.62 Tokarev round.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hishnik,

The reason that the PPSh features slightly more recoil than the MP40 is because it's lighter, shoots faster and fires a similarly powerful round. The base recoil standing ingame is too high for the PPSh however, I agree on that. but the same can be said about the Mkb42, MG34 & DP28.

The ingame progession system has you basically start out as a wimp trying to operate a gun for the first time, and then at lvl 50 you can handle the weapon somewhat as-well as in reality.

Also here are the WW2 loadings for the 9mm Parabellum and 7.62mm Tokarev:

P.Patr.08:
Caliber: 9mm
Bullet type: FMJ lead core
Bullet weight: 8 gram
Bullet BC: .166
MV: 365 m/s (Pistols), 380 m/s (MP40)
KE: 532 J (Pistols), 577 J (MP40)

P.Patr.08 m.E.:
Caliber: 9mm
Bullet type: FMJ steel core (armour piercing)
Bullet weight: 6.42 gram
Bullet BC: .118
MV: 440 m/s (Pistols), 455 m/s (MP40)
KE: 621 J (Pistols), 664 J (MP40)

7.62 P1:
Caliber: 7.62mm
Bullet type: FMJ lead core
Bullet weight: 5.6 gram
Bullet BC: .115
MV: 442 m/s (Pistols), 457 m/s (PPSh41)
KE: 547 J (Pistols), 584 J (PPSh41)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unus Offa, Unus Nex,
come on dude, lets be frank here, someone in TWI just doesnt like Ruskies... You want to tell me that the 200 gram difference between a fully loaded MP40 and PPSh, is why my recoil so much higher?
PPSh has a longer barrel, which helps with dealing with recoil + it was designed for less recoil (solid tube of mp40 vs. muzzle break across the barrel PPSh)
Did you see my previous video of the PPSH-41 in Iraq - YouTube shooting drum PPSh? He unloads the drum (kneeling) with barrel NOT MOVING.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Unus Offa Unus Nex, somebody is complaining about Mkb. Good joke, a really good joke dude.

Nice video with PPSh, realism, right.......
come on dude, lets be frank here, someone in TWI just doesnt like Ruskie
Thats the feeling I had after while playing RO2 for a while... Maps disadvantage (ruskies are facing the sun most of the time and not only the sun but also bad respawns that are vulnurable to enemy fire (and have little "warning protection are instangib" compared to axis ones), and overall map design), weapon disadvantage (axis future weapons and soviet basic function unlocks), tank disadvantage (WTF TWI? Its so obvious that its ridiculous, but not funny, not funny at all). PPSh being superior to german counterpart? Not balanced, fix it and screw realism! MG34 being better than DP28? It was so in real life, screw balance, RO2 is about realism. PPSh was nerfed because of balance and was better IRL? Ja ja? Suddenly, I dont understand you, but everything is fine, I assure you!

I wish they'd decide already if RO2 is about realism or gameplay and not be picky about that when it comes to one, only one side. /rant

p.s. Also, PPS-43 anyone? There's video in the related where the guy shoots it with one hand and has less recoil than RO2 PPSh. Mkb is in game yet no PPS. I'm in despair!
p.p.s. If there was MG42 instead of MG34, germans would be at disadvantage. MG42 has higher RoF (which is worse as you waste more bullets) it wouldnt be more accurate (you cant be more accurate than 100% accurate gun) and it doesnt have semi-auto.
p.p.p.s. Also, I want maxim, on wheels, with bulletproof shield! Let me waste a minute getting it to the front line, but after that my enemies will waste much more time getting me out of that position. And even if I get killed I'm sure there'll be a queue of riflemen behind me ready to have fun with that WWI gun. Germans have Mkb, let ruskies have fun with maxim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, that's how ppsh on lvl 50 looks like. You just point, click and control it with your mouse.

Is it me, or is that also what Lvl 1 MP40 and MKB look like?
So we're just (for sake of realism... of course) assuming that Russian army = villagers, and Germans = Dolph Lundgrens a.k.a. Universal Soldier (i know he's sweedish, but for sake of simplicity), or Kurt Russel a.k.a. Soldier, or perhaps they're the Arnold Schwarzenegger's Terminators?

Upvote 0
Unus Offa, Unus Nex,
come on dude, lets be frank here, someone in TWI just doesnt like Ruskies... You want to tell me that the 200 gram difference between a fully loaded MP40 and PPSh, is why my recoil so much higher?
PPSh has a longer barrel, which helps with dealing with recoil + it was designed for less recoil (solid tube of mp40 vs. muzzle break across the barrel PPSh)
Did you see my previous video of the PPSH-41 in Iraq - YouTube shooting drum PPSh? He unloads the drum (kneeling) with barrel NOT MOVING.

Muzzle brake across the barrel ?? It's a metal sleeve with holes for venting, like on the MG42, not a muzzle brake. The only thing on the PPSh41 that resembles a muzzle brake is the small space between the end of the barrel itself and the end of the sleeve. It doesn't work as-well as a straight out muzzle brake though, so don't think it does, it helps, but not a lot.

The main reason that the PPSh41 kicks more than an MP40 is because of the very high cyclic rate, and the way you're forced to hold it - there is no comfortable front grip on the PPSh, and rifle buttstock is less than ideal for control during automatic fire as compared to a pistol grip.

Also don't forget to take into account the stance of the guy in the vid you posted, he's in a crouching position.

Anyway look at these, same guy, different weapons:

ppsh41 - YouTube

MP40 - YouTube

Now admittedly that guy isn't the best at controlling the recoil of the guns he fires (I've fired the very same weapons in real life and know it can be done better) but, the difference between how he handles the recoil of the PPSh & MP40 in those two vids is telling of the difference between the two weapons which I can attest to.

The MP40 can even be comfortably fired with the stock folded. By comparison I think that shooting a PPSh full auto without a buttstock would be hard to control, simply because of how fast it fires.

As for your comment that TWI doesn't like the Ruskies, that's just nonesense, atleast the Ruskies get accurately outfitted weapons for the most part, where'as the Germans get incorrectly modelled reticles, misaligned scopes, missing scope models, ZF41's on weapons that have zero use for them etc etc... By comparison the Soviets get 4x to 6x scoped SVTs , modelled scope upgrade for the Mosin and properly modelled reticles.

So don't give me some crap about TWI prefering the Axis side, cause they most certainly do not! They're neutral about each side, that I am sure of, and have tried abit too hard to perfectly balance the loadouts of each side ingame.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vesper11
Upvote 0
Unus Offa Unus Nex, somebody is complaining about Mkb. Good joke, a really good joke dude.

Hey "Dude", how about you go try the gun sometime next before you write ?

Try standing and firing the Mkb42 full auto ingame, let me know how controllable you think it is. Claiming it is more controllable than the PPSh, as you have previously been guilty of, is just down right ridiculous.

Upvote 0
Is it me, or is that also what Lvl 1 MP40 and MKB look like?
So we're just (for sake of realism... of course) assuming that Russian army = villagers, and Germans = Dolph Lundgrens a.k.a. Universal Soldier (i know he's sweedish, but for sake of simplicity), or Kurt Russel a.k.a. Soldier, or perhaps they're the Arnold Schwarzenegger's Terminators?
I don't know how about you, but lvl 1 MKB kicks for me like a mule in full auto. MP40 indeed is accurate, but probably because it's ROF, it still kicks after every shot, but has time to go back to it's previous position before second bullet goes out of the barell.. Just compare it to PPSH. Prrhrhrhrhrh End of magazine.

Upvote 0
ok let say the russian team has got twive more reinf than the german that is ok. The only problem here is someone want a weapon to be updatable what hasn't got any update. BTW mg 34 is 12,1 kg while dp is 9,12 so yes the russian mg er should run more than a german but the mg 34 shuld be waaaay more accurate than a DP 28, the dp shuld have twice less accuracy than it has now. another thing what i dont like is the ppsh has got less recoil it is seems it has got less recoil but in this vid you will se what is the huge problem whit the ppsh from 3:00

Стрелковое оружие Второй Мировой войны - 6 - YouTube

just look how the barrel moves

nobody can't say a word, same person, same conditions

and i choose full realism but that shuld mean everything is done correctly as it was back in ww2, so no MKB in Stalingrad, more russian reinf, twice less accurate DP etc i also say mading a game what is good for one side is not good

PS: the best smg in ww 2 in my opinion was the 39M Kir

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey "Dude", how about you go try the gun sometime next before you write ?

Try standing and firing the Mkb42 full auto ingame, let me know how controllable you think it is. Claiming it is more controllable than the PPSh, as you have previously been guilty of, is just down right ridiculous.
Lol, "Dude", give soviets machine gun with ability to ADS then we will talk.
As for your comment that TWI doesn't like the Ruskies, that's just nonesense, atleast the Ruskies get accurately outfitted weapons for the most part, where'as the Germans get incorrectly modelled reticles, misaligned scopes, missing scope models, ZF41's on weapons that have zero use for them etc etc... By comparison the Soviets get 4x to 6x scoped SVTs , modelled scope upgrade for the Mosin and properly modelled reticles.

So don't give me some crap about TWI prefering the Axis side, cause they most certainly do not! They're neutral about each side, that I am sure of, and have tried abit too hard to perfectly balance the loadouts of each side ingame.
Germans also get inaccuretely futuristic weapons, inaccurately impenetrable PzIV, inaccurately good weapons. Most ruskie players would LOVE to see that kind of inaccuracy on soviet side.

So dont give me your crap about "Everything being fine" you axis fanboi. I dont want your futuristic axis game, I want balanced game and I dont see it at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: hishnik
Upvote 0
Unus Offa, Unus Nex,

It has to do with the recoil system i.e. spring and stock, and most importantly the friggin bolt design. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Avt 40 level 50 upgrades

2011-10-22_00001.jpg

Upvote 0
Lol, "Dude", give soviets machine gun with ability to ADS then we will talk.

Do you even have the slightest clue what you're saying?

Germans also get inaccuretely futuristic weapons, inaccurately impenetrable PzIV, inaccurately good weapons. Most ruskie players would LOVE to see that kind of inaccuracy on soviet side.

Futuristic weapons ? Which would that be ? All the weapons we see ingame existed during the time of the battle of stalingrad. Oh wait, the 6x scope on the SVT40 didn't, but hey it's Russian so who cares *rolleyes*

As for German weapons being inaccurately good, again which one? Would really love to see you try and back up that statement, should be fun!

So dont give me your crap about "Everything being fine" you axis fanboi. I dont want your futuristic axis game, I want balanced game and I dont see it at the moment.

Hahaha, axis fanboi... forget it kid, I'm done discussing this with you, go play BF3 when it comes out, sure it's going to be just your thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vesper11
Upvote 0