• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

List of Upgrades

Ladies and gentleman, BEHOLD! It turns out that lvl 25 Scoped kar upgrade is...
A GOD DAMN 6x SCOPE WITH AWESOME CROSSHAIR!:D
6DC8ABC545A97E29330D2C9D7AE6AEEF750F627A

But the bad thing is that lvl 50 upgrade will be: Our beloved 1,5 Zf41 scope. Seriously.

C6583959A5AD3A4991B514009E0E3F9412A0050F

Fantastic, thank you TWI! A Zielsechs scope with an authentic reticle, that's awesome, I will be grinding very hard for this baby :D

Small critique though, the thick crosshair posts are abit too thick and the thin horizontal crosshair stretches a bit further out the sides, giving a better sight picture. There's a similar problem with the ingame 4x three post reticle, where the crosshair posts are abit too thick as-well, and the aim point not quite sharp enough compared to the real thing. But still, it's fantastic that they actually added the Zielsechs scope and with a historically correct reticle as-well.

Real Zielsechs absehen nr.4 reticle:

Attachments

• Zielsechsreticle.jpg
    Zielsechsreticle.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
MG 34 LMG
Level 25: Double Drum (75 rounds)
Level 50: Belt Feed (250 rounds)

DP-28 LMG
Level 25: Nothing
Level 50: Nothing

REALLY?!? Are you effin kidding me? What exactly is the reward for Russian soldier risking his life for fellow countryman? A red star on his uniform, the same uniform that is being used to cover his dead body, because he ran out of ammo in his DP?

When TWI decided that MG34 will have selective fire, and DP28 wont, i was quiet, upset, but i can control my bursts.
Then TWI decided that lvl 25 upgrade on MG34 will be double drum, while DP28 gets nothing, I was wondering why such biased unfairness, but figured those faschist pigs need all the help they can get to stop the mighty Red Army.
But giving a 250 round belt to germans while russians get big fat nothing - thats just effed up, completely.

As is, if you count number of "Nothing" listed in that first post, it's 3 (German) vs. 6 (Russian) (not counting AT, since they dont need anythign)... I mean, come on!:mad:

Upvote 0
When TWI decided that MG34 will have selective fire, and DP28 wont, i was quiet, upset, but i can control my bursts.
Then TWI decided that lvl 25 upgrade on MG34 will be double drum, while DP28 gets nothing, I was wondering why such biased unfairness, but figured those faschist pigs need all the help they can get to stop the mighty Red Army.
But giving a 250 round belt to germans while russians get big fat nothing - thats just effed up, completely.

Hilarious right? I feel the same way. The dp28 gets no love. I like it, but when given the choice to spawn with the axis mg34 (upgraded even!), what the heck do you think somebody is gonna pick? Eventually all machine gunners on both sides will be using belt fed mg34's. It's gonna be weird.

C96 getting bigger mag, stock, and full auto? WOW. I've been trying my *** off to get it since I heard that. It's going to be so cool. The nagant revolver gets a silencer.......I guess that's neat but I can't imagine it being very useful.

As far as I'm concerned, the Russians get a drum mag for their ppsh and that's it.

Upvote 0
REALLY?!? Are you effin kidding me? What exactly is the reward for Russian soldier risking his life for fellow countryman? A red star on his uniform, the same uniform that is being used to cover his dead body, because he ran out of ammo in his DP?

As is, if you count number of "Nothing" listed in that first post, it's 3 (German) vs. 6 (Russian) (not counting AT, since they dont need anythign)... I mean, come on!:mad:

-mg 34 has got selective fire in Rl while DP not
-mg 34 has got these dubble drum magasines in RL while DP hasn't got anything
-mg 34 can be fed from a belt in RL while DP isn't

I dont see what is the problem yes the MG 34 is way much better weapon than a DP but russians havent got any weapon what is similar to this class so they have to get DP. another thing i got the manual of an DP and this weapon in game is way toooooooooooooooooooooooooo accutrate

just for comperation (single shot) and mg 34 grouping is araund 5cm at 100m while dp has got 20 cm at 100 m!!! at 800 m the mg 34 has got araund 70-75 cm while dp has go 140-150cm

Reactions: hishnik and MadGelo
Upvote 0

I dont see what is the problem yes the MG 34 is way much better weapon than a DP but russians havent got any weapon what is similar to this class so they have to get DP. another thing i got the manual of an DP and this weapon in game is way toooooooooooooooooooooooooo accutrate

just for comperation (single shot) and mg 34 grouping is araund 5cm at 100m while dp has got 20 cm at 100 m!!! at 800 m the mg 34 has got araund 70-75 cm while dp has go 140-150cm

This would be excellent defense for the LMG imbalance between Axis and Allies, if it weren't for the silly Mkb42.

Good thing eventually all classes have access to enemy gear, so gear imbalance won't be an issue. But I wouldn't be surprised if all MGers choose MG34, especially once people have access to double drum or belt.

Upvote 0
This would be excellent defense for the LMG imbalance between Axis and Allies, if it weren't for the silly Mkb42.

Good thing eventually all classes have access to enemy gear, so gear imbalance won't be an issue. But I wouldn't be surprised if all MGers choose MG34, especially once people have access to double drum or belt.

Yes i know Mkb is a weapon of mass Trolling but i wright for lmg's that is true the mkb is super weapon but poeople crying abaut things for an LMG what never existied. Maybe there were/or not Mbk in Stalingrad but except that the weapon existed even whit those update but DP has't got ANY update even after war. TWI cannot "create" updates for dp because there were no updates for that weapon and this is what people have to understand

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Oh, well, thanks for clarifying that the reason why we're going to make Russian side suffer is because we're trying so hard to mimic the REAL EVENTS.

You know, in all fairness, the whole concept of "realism" on these forums, is going waaaaay overboard.
Look, you want to be historically correct? Lets do it. Lets introduce fatigue into the gameplay. Lets have the morale, be affected not only by whats happening around you, but also by "historic events".

Lets make the Axis players randomly stop in the middle of running, to take care of that itch, that the lice on his body is creating? By same token, lets have Allies have UBER morale because they take mandatory bath+sauna on weekly basis, but ask each other for some food (since they're already asking for water constantly),and suffer poor aim when not fed. But have German soldiers eat that delicious chocolate they were carrying around. Lets have the teams lobsided at all times, have Russian team be 1.3x of German team on most maps. At the same time, we should arm whole Russian team with PPSh's, every single one of those 32 players on the team.. Because in REALITY Russians had assault teams, consisting of 60 people..
Russian MG player should run faster, since realistically his gun weights less then that MG34 by 3 kilos at LEAST
Oh and for sake of realism, regardless of how Axis did that round, Allies should ALWAYS win, because lets face it, battle of Stalingrad... and whole WWII ended in Nazi Germany's defeat... <<< Reality, yo

End of the day: PICK ONE,
a. you go after realism, and then you do it all the way, not half way
b. you go after fairness, then you give both sides bonuses that offset each other

But in any case you dont just rob completely one side, and make the other one some kind of supersoldiers for no reason whatsoever... Where's the realism in that?

"Select grade for select fire. Single shots not that accurate and has more recoil than I thought it would."

How bad is the recoil? Is it worse than single shot MP40.,cause that would really take the cake.
From what i heard it's worse, people say it makes PPSh useless in that mode :(

p.s. Oh, forgot to add... Any weaponsmith, with half-brain can turn pretty much ANY full auto into a semi-auto. Why cant we pretend to do same in game?
Also i urge you to look at how PPSH shoots as demonstrated in a video here... Note that he's going full auto on it, and it barely moves... none of that ALL OVER THE SCREEN RECOIL REALITY (This is in part because it's designed in such a way, the slope we all saw on the front of it's barrel, is specifically for gasses to NOT push it up)
PPSH-41 in Iraq - YouTube

Single shot DP
DP-28 WiseLite Arms - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Very well said sir, very well said. Someone in another thread said, why is it that german weapons receive unlocks above and beyond their real standard capability ( ex: dual drum mg34), while soviet weapons require unlocks just to reach their real standard capability.

Not that it makes much of a difference as i seem to do fine without gimmicks, but just interesting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Should try to lab the recoil with some precision but off the cuff I'd say it has slightly more recoil than a single shot from mp40. As for the usefulness of the mode, it MIGHT be somewhat useful when shooting at very long ranges but need more experience on that, does seem a bit lackluster so far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As I posted above, Soviet weapons are what they are... I love them but have to say that my airsoft M4A1 ergonomics and sights are much better than my AK ones... but I love my AK anyway...
That DP28 firing single shots is maybe a modification made to be legally used by civilians... as an MG is designed for sustained supressive automatic fire no single shot is needed... so Mr Detgyarev didn

Upvote 0