• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

List of possible bugs

The reinforcements will be cut off message on Grain Elevator is messed up. If you start the round it shows correctly, but following that it mostly doesnt appear in the next round, and also if you join a server where they have played a round where the message has appeared it will automatically show the countdown for that new player even though it is not active and it is the next round. Also if it has done that it will not show correctly if it is triggered for that round.

Upvote 0
This is a copy/paste of what I put in the main post.

I'm really sorry about the lack of updates on this post, I've been very busy lately and I don't even have time to play the game and of course updating this list. If someone wants to take the reins of this post just talk to an admin and maybe they could do something about it, feel free to copy everything that's here, you have my permission to do it.

And again, I apologize for ignoring the thread all this time, thanks for your support.

Upvote 0
In SP I stumbled upon another sound bug. Not sure if it also happens in MP. Sometimes you don't hear your footsteps. You can hear your the sound of your gear (don't really know how to describe it) but the footsteps are missing.

In the SP tank missions there is a similar bug. Sometimes the sound of the engine goes missing. This happened to me in Gumrak in the T34. Haven't tried it on the Panzer and/or other missions/maps. You can hear the shift gear event but after that the engine sound disappears.

Also, in MP the iron sights of the Mosin Nagant are sometimes not correctly ligned up. The Mosin is pretty much the only weapon I use so I'm not sure about any other weapons. As far as I know it appears randomly and it can be resolved by ADS again or firing the weapon and bolt it again (which is basically the same).

Upvote 0
-Sometimes after round ends im moved from my class(whatever it is, even rifleman) and i dont spawn. I need to choose class again.

Can confirm. I'd hazard a guess that someone joins server when round is changing i.e. game show who won and everyone is waiting to spawn - except that new player probably was granted a "field promotion" to select a higher class.

The previous role holder is placed in spawn limbo with no warning. Should display something along the lines of "You have been removed from your role" or similar.

Upvote 0
-Kar 98 reloading animation bug-

If you shoot, pull the bolt and then reload the first time (with the rifle fully loaded), the soldiers puts 2 bullets instead of one into the rifle's chamber.

Kar 98 holds 5 bullets. If you're reloading 2 bullets after shooting the first time and then pulling the bolt, this means the chamber holds 6 bullets :eek: ?!

This is a little annoying and unrealistic.

Upvote 0
Hey guys just wanted to report some bugs I have found, i'm not sure if they have been reported before.

After playing for a while the texture for the sniper crosshairs becomes pixelated and difficult to use.

ppsh 41 is able to be reloaded after spawning and without firing, is the first mag not fully loaded? Same with svt-40

I rebound my 'alternate fire' (melee/tank coax mg) to another mouse button, whenever I am the gunner in a tank the coaxial MG only fires in single shot (even the DP in the T34)

Upvote 0
Map Voting

Map Voting

Hello,

i think this could be possibly a bug.

1. When the map voting screen is shown and you want to select a map which is outside of the visible area the list of maps jumps to the top so that it is nearly impossible to choose such a map.

2. It happens when several people are on the server are voting the maps. When for example only two or three people are on the server the behaviour from point one does occur seldom.

3. You can reproduce this behaviour by joining the server with ca. 4 persons and voting the maps. If you are the last one (all others have chosen) jou can properly choose a map outside of the visible area, without the list jumps to the top. If there are more people on the server and you try to choose a map outside the visible area you will have the behaviour that every time one of them votes for a map, your list will jump to the top.

4. It seams to me, that every time a person votes for a map a "event" is fired and the map list is refreshed.

Greets Kraiden.

Upvote 0
Windows7(32bit), steam, red orchestra, punkbuster all updated, 16-18Mit dsl, no firewall probs.
System: PH II X4 965er (stable @3,7 GHz), HD 5770 (1GB-little but stable factory overclock), 4GB DDR3 666MHZ RAM, fast intel SSD Harddisk.

A word before:

Till now only 3 things i recognized as improved or fixed:

-the games runs longer/stable
(When you had 10 crashes per time at the beginning you now only have 1-2)
-You increased the fps about 5-10 frames
-the tanks are less lagging
-stats system is a little less buggy

What i wish:

- more patches
- every time patch notes
- and i wish the following issues get solved fast:

0. (new)
microlags:

since 1-2 days there are short freezes of my screen/game (length: 1/10 up to 1 second max). This happens about 1-3 times per minute.
Not only annoying...it really ruins the game especially in close quarter combat.

1. bullet penetrations bugs:

I do not know if you already recognized, but it only depends on the your shown texture if you are able to penetrate an object.
Funny thing for you to test:
Go Apartments and try to penetrate as russian the very thin red prick wall of the first german defender houses. You won

Upvote 0

Windows7(32bit), steam, red orchestra, punkbuster all updated, 16-18Mit dsl, no firewall probs.
System: PH II X4 965er (stable @3,7 GHz), HD 5770 (1GB-little but stable factory overclock), 4GB DDR3 666MHZ RAM, fast intel SSD Harddisk.

A word before:

Till now only 3 things i recognized as improved or fixed:

-the games runs longer/stable
(When you had 10 crashes per time at the beginning you now only have 1-2)
-You increased the fps about 5-10 frames
-the tanks are less lagging
-stats system is a little less buggy

What i wish:

- more patches
- every time patch notes
- and i wish the following issues get solved fast:

1. (new)
microlags:

since 1-2 days there are short freezes of my screen/game (length: 1/10 up to 1 second max). This happens about 1-3 times per minute.
Not only annoying...it really ruins the game especially in close quarter combat.

2. bullet penetrations bugs:

I do not know if you already recognized, but it only depends on the your shown texture if you are able to penetrate an object.
Funny thing for you to test:
Go Apartments and try to penetrate as russian the very thin red prick wall of the first german defender houses. You won

Reactions: i76
Upvote 0
Y u no fix TWI ?!

Y u no fix TWI ?!

Update time, 3rd edition !

First post => 15th October

Updates:
1st Edition (27th November) => 1 month and 10 days later (20+ bugs, 7 pages)

2nd Edition (6th December) => 1 month and 19 days later (30+ bugs, 8 pages)

3rd Edition (17th December) => 1 month and 30 days later (40+ bugs, 10 pages)

what happened after the few patches ?
Let's see !

- - - - - - - - -

Inspired from MikkOwl's post once again :)

Issues I encounter with TANKS :

*** 17th december update ***
NB: Several servers are removing tanks, not because they want infantry-only combat, but because they're too bugged (and the MG gunner AI is too OP)

1. Misaligned gunsights on tanks:
=> especially annoying with the main canon, I died several times because of that bug. We're talking about 30

Last edited:
Upvote 0
By the way, I have a question regarding the thread itself (META!) :

How can we know if the devs/QA chaps are reading this thread ? :)

I know most of the posts here are way too long :)D) and boring (some original reaction faces would help ?), but we're trying our best to help RO2 becoming the best WW2 game of 2011-2012

Knowing that the gentlemen at TWI are keeping an eye on "us" would greatly warm our little WW2-fans hearts and keep the hope alive :p

Reactions: i76
Upvote 0
Today i have played sniper on Com. House !! After respawn this stranger bug occured ([url]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613845918308509350/65E97E0BE48D362E0DA899383EB5160B64C699AF/[/URL]). The Sniperscope was black, and it changed back to normal after i died!! It happend twice to me, i havent changed any settings!!
Drop the sniper rifle and loot it again to remove the bug.

Try getting the latest drivers for your graphic card, tweaking video settings if it's happening much too often.

Upvote 0
1. If two players shoot at eachother at the same time, the first player
to be registered as 'killed/dead" whos bullets that are already in the air
toward the target (other player) never gets a kill.
I've tested this and it happens everytime.
Its like the first to be registered 'dead' by the server, his/her bullets just
don't do anything... its like the millisecond your considered dead your
bullets disappear.... its f'kin painful when you know your shot SHOULD have
hit them in the heart.... but nothing.

2. Getting stuck on flat smooth walls... this is extremely annoying.
if you happen to be 3 degrees toward a wall you move in slow motion...
Also happens on nearly everything... very unrealistic.
Even running parreal with a wall then come up on a 8mm door frame and
come to a complete stop.
This is a CQB FPS.... you can't have this sorta thing when the main arenas
are CQB... this bug is a game killer

The 2 bugs above should be addressed asap... please.

3. Friendly grenades do far less damage than enemy ones... I realise this is
a feature but its not good as friendly nobs think they can lob them next to
you and its OK... its not.

4. Can't lie down right up against objects... you have to step out 3ft or so
exposing yourself just to lay down.... defeats the purpose of laying down
to hide when you have to expose yourself to do it.

5. MG from the hip..... ffs the amount of times I been shot @ +50m with a
tiny 3-5 round burst is a f'king joke

6. AI tank crew can see through smoke.... that ain't hard to fix guys.........

7. Promoted players taking any slot weather used or not is fine, but if you
happen to be the one booted from your slot IT WOULD BE NICE TO BE
INFORMED instead of realising you haven't spawned...wtf?!

These are some seriously game breaking bugs, you have plenty of ppl giving
you feed back... maybe do your job and support the ppl that support you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0