• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

List of possible bugs

Sometimes you can spawn as a dead body - allowing you to move around like a normal soldier, but without the ability to use any weapons/kill anyone (at least in my case, apparently you can even get the ability to use weapons). It also allows you to help cap points.

Not sure when it happens (happened only once for me), but that's what happened before it occurred to me - one round on a map has just ended, I got a commendation from the Allies (was playing Axis) but I refused it and before the round started, I decided to switch to Allies. And before I was able to chose a class to play, I spawned as a dead body.

Upvote 0
Probably mentioned before. Mostly occurs on station, iron sights doubling up, depending on which direction you're pointing.

Have included examples on Spartanovka and Commisar as well, problem occurs regularly on Station, however.

Attachments

• 2011-09-19_00002.jpg
    2011-09-19_00002.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-09-16_00001.jpg
    2011-09-16_00001.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2011-09-15_00001.jpg
    2011-09-15_00001.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Howdy folks,

I'm playing MG all the time (it is really kicking a** :D), so I noticed some things with the MG34.

• If a teammate fires an mg (tank, stationary or equipped) nearby while my gun is deployed and I am aiming, the MG starts to jump all over the place, as if I'd be firing (sometimes)

• since the latest patch I always spawn with the allied mg loadout on axis in GrainElevator, in fact it even shows that loadout in the loadout menue (the other loadouts work)

• on Pavlov's House the stationary mg between E and F doesn't work

• sometimes the gun won't deploy in windows, if I go backwards a couple of steps and then forward again, it'll deploy without any problems (sometimes)

• Playing on lowest settings removes some solid objectives. On Barracks I kept getting stuck on the left corner of the first building you see when leaving the axis' spawn. I changed settings to medium just to see there is a flak cannon that was not visible before.

The points marked with (sometimes) occur occasionally. I haven't been able to reconstruct them. I'll try to make vids should I come across it again.

Upvote 0
What I have experienced so far.

What I have experienced so far.

Sound cuts out when loading new map which requires restarting the game to get it back.

Character sinks into ground when laying down (especially when setting up an lmg).

Gun misfires a lot when I appear to have a shot that will connect. By misfire I mean I click the mouse and nothing happens, I then have to click again and it will work just fine (I have seen many people mention this including some of my friends so it's not a problem with my mouse).

Odd lag on every graphical setting when firing the PPSH iron sited (only gun that does this, though it may just be my computer).

Not sure if it is still a problem but I noticed one day while playing single player that the ammo boxes wouldn't restock my ammo. It played the noise and everything but no matter which resupply station I went to, I was always out of ammo. This was on the Russian campaign, second level if it matters.

Aside from the stats being messed up, my gun upgrades seem to randomly disappear on me. In the same game I will spawn with my rifle armed with a bayonet, and in my next life the bayonet will be gone. Also I appear to have unlocked the extra mag for the MP40 and the drum clip for the PPSH on engineer, however this does not carry over for assault. Is it that gun upgrades are tied to the class and not just the weapon?

I hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Most annoying thing I am encountering at the moment is I join a round in the middle of a game, the game is over and then map change and pop, I know i have no sound and have to exit game and restart.

I know this has been a on going issue already and are probably many post mentioning, but it keeps more out of the game than in the game with all the exiting and restarting to play and hope when you join another server and map changes that you don't hear the dreaded pop.

Upvote 0
@Sun If you are going to start this you need to start updating the first post with bugs people are posting here. If you are not going to do it we need to get a different post stickied by someone that will. It is currently hard to tell if the bugs I am posting have already been posted. Further it is harder for TWI to see things we are posting here.

@TWI I really hope you are leaning hard on your QA dept so many things here are very basic bug testing misses. I would say fire them but I dont wish firing on anyone at the very least they need to step up to the plate and put in some long hours(hope they are salaried) to get stuff found and verified for the devs, they have hurt your reputation by letting so many things get by.

gameplay
1. You are not allowed to reload the MKB if you are too close to a wall experienced this on Barracks. Had to move away to start the reload.
2. Some of my keybinds get stuck on binds that use onRelease such as ironsights sometimes those get stuck which is very annoying.
3. Went prone near a few objects on Commissars house and got stuck on the static.

graphics
1. units have a light glow about them compared to the surroundings.
2. Not sure where to put this but if you view a german running a stationary machinegun using the third person dead camera they are holding the gun backwards(facing away from the back of the gunwith their arms behind them running the gun)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Issues I encounter with tanks:

1. Misaligned gunsights on tanks:
Frequency: will usually occur several times per match.
The tank sights get randomly misaligned in bizarre ways. Especially the tracer bullets from the co-ax machine gun. In some cases, damage model may account for this. Most of the time, the co-ax MG may start shooting to the left of the sights significantly or a little while the main gun is aligned. Or vice versa. The most definite bug must be when the tracers of the co-ax shoot way offset from the actual MG fire. They may fire far to the left, or far lower (even at close range), while the non tracer bullets fly as they should in the sights (or sometimes offset also). The main gun can be offset 20 degrees to the right and up sometimes, so far that one cannot even see the impact in the sights. Also, behavior is observed where the rotation of the turret determines the amount of misalignment of the gunsight. For example, rotating past a certain point may cause the sight to go increasingly offset to the side, only to return to normal as soon as one rotates back past a certain point.

2. Tanks can move before round starts:
Frequency:
always.
Spawning as tank commander/driver. When 10 or 5 or so seconds remain before the round starts and one appears inside the drivers position, it is possible to drive off at full speed right away. It is not possible to do any other action, including changing the view direction, so the driving is half-blind.

3. Stuck as tank driver:
Frequency: Occurs at least once in ~50% of matches.
Choose tank commander role. Do not allow others to crew the tank. Spawn in drivers seat as usual, but commands to switch seats, open hatch, look through periscope or side-hatch etc are inoperable. Can look around with mouse inside the tank and can drive it, but that's all. Being killed and respawning does not fix it. However, one can go to the 'select role' list, and choose 'tank commander', disallow others to join, and click OK - tank will be destroyed, teamkill penalty, then in many cases respawn with new tank without the bug. Sometimes the bug persists, and only disconnecting and reconnecting to server will solve it.

4. Tank bouncing on its suspension while stationary.
Frequency:
very frequently.
Unless tank on perfectly flat ground, the tank tends to rock up and down, moving the gunsight up and down by maybe 5 degrees. The more uneven the ground, the crazier it gets. Firing the main gun can trigger it, or escallate it badly. There is no fix except move the tank, stop, and hope it goes away. Finding flatter ground of course.

5. Tank teleports back to an obstacle it had previously touched
Frequency: common (highly situational)
if driving near or into certain obstacles on maps, such as walls or damaged buildings. The tank will appear to be able to drive away from the obstacle, but 2-10 seconds later, it teleports back to the obstacle. In effect, the tank may keep teleporting back to the obstacle until destroyed & respawned.

6. Other tanks disappearing & teleporting randomly
Frequency: nearly always, especially during movement.
The observed tank will vanish, then reappear in the same position 2-10 seconds later, or in a different (but nearby) position, as if it had been on the move invisibly.

7. Othert anks not rendering, only driver
Frequency: very rare
Tanks may be shown with only the driver suspended in mid-air. The tank may then suddenly appear rendered, or it may not. Sometimes the sounds and smoke is seen as the tank drives, but yet only the driver is rendered.

8. Other tank gun & turret out of sync when firing
Frequency: rare
Typically a PIV will attempt to rotate turret & gun at me, but fires a shell straight at me while turret still has another 30-45 degrees of rotation to do until it is aiming at me. Always a nasty surprise. :)

9. AI driver releases the (parking) brakes when on slopes & tank free-rolls
Frequency: common (situational)
When parked on a slope and tank perfectly static, switching from drivers seat to commander/gunner can cause the tank to free-roll down the slope (gravity pulling it), as if the AI driver releases the brakes that are needed to keep it parked. Switching to driver seat immediately engages the brakes and the tank stops moving. Then repeats when going to commander view again.

10. Squad VOIP (the own vehicle channel) erronously transmits into other friendly tanks.
Frequency: Always
No description necessary.

11. "Manual Reloading" for tanks not working
Frequency:
always
Shell reload event always triggers after a shot.

12. Switching between AP & HE shell types event missing.
Frequency:
always
Clicking the weapon function key results in instant switch of shell types without actually having to switch the shells. No sound, animations or delay. It makes it possible to flip between HE and AP within fraction of a second for whatever is currently needed.

13. AP projectile unable to penetrate certain obstacles.
Frequency:
Situational. Depends on map?
Occurances where infantry crouches down behind a thin piece of brick/cinder block wall, and the AP shell appears unable to penetrate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: stryker211
Upvote 0

The tank sights get randomly misaligned in bizarre ways. Especially the tracer bullets from the co-ax machine gun. In some cases, damage model may account for this. Most of the time, the co-ax MG may start shooting to the left of the sights significantly or a little while the main gun is aligned. Or vice versa. The most definite bug must be when the tracers of the co-ax shoot way offset from the actual MG fire. They may fire far to the left, or far lower (even at close range), while the non tracer bullets fly as they should in the sights (or sometimes offset also). The main gun can be offset 20 degrees to the right and up sometimes, so far that one cannot even see the impact in the sights. Also, behavior is observed where the rotation of the turret determines the amount of misalignment of the gunsight. For example, rotating past a certain point may cause the sight to go increasingly offset to the side, only to return to normal as soon as one rotates back past a certain point.

Frequency: always.
Spawning as tank commander/driver. When 10 or 5 or so seconds remain before the round starts and one appears inside the drivers position, it is possible to drive off at full speed right away. It is not possible to do any other action, including changing the view direction, so the driving is half-blind.

3. Stuck as tank driver:
Choose tank commander role. Do not allow others to crew the tank. Spawn in drivers seat as usual, but commands to switch seats, open hatch, look through periscope or side-hatch etc are inoperable. Can look around with mouse inside the tank and can drive it, but that's all. Being killed and respawning does not fix it. However, one can go to the 'select role' list, and choose 'tank commander', disallow others to join, and click OK - tank will be destroyed, teamkill penalty, then in many cases respawn with new tank without the bug. Sometimes the bug persists, and only disconnecting and reconnecting to server will solve it.

Frequency: very frequently.
Unless tank on perfectly flat ground, the tank tends to rock up and down, moving the gunsight up and down by maybe 5 degrees. The more uneven the ground, the crazier it gets. Firing the main gun can trigger it, or escallate it badly. There is no fix except move the tank, stop, and hope it goes away. Finding flatter ground of course.

if driving near or into certain obstacles on maps, such as walls or damaged buildings. The tank will appear to be able to drive away from the obstacle, but 2-10 seconds later, it teleports back to the obstacle. In effect, the tank may keep teleporting back to the obstacle until destroyed & respawned.

The observed tank will vanish, then reappear in the same position 2-10 seconds later, or in a different (but nearby) position, as if it had been on the move invisibly.

Tanks may be shown with only the driver suspended in mid-air. The tank may then suddenly appear rendered, or it may not. Sometimes the sounds and smoke is seen as the tank drives, but yet only the driver is rendered.

Typically a PIV will attempt to rotate turret & gun at me, but fires a shell straight at me while turret still has another 30-45 degrees of rotation to do until it is aiming at me. Always a nasty surprise. :)

When parked on a slope and tank perfectly static, switching from drivers seat to commander/gunner can cause the tank to free-roll down the slope (gravity pulling it), as if the AI driver releases the brakes that are needed to keep it parked. Switching to driver seat immediately engages the brakes and the tank stops moving. Then repeats when going to commander view again.

10. Squad VOIP (the own vehicle channel) erronously transmits into other friendly tanks.

Frequency: always

Clicking the weapon function key results in instant switch of shell types without actually having to switch the shells. No sound, animations or delay. It makes it possible to flip between HE and AP within fraction of a second for whatever is currently needed.

Frequency: Situational. Depends on map?
Occurances where infantry crouches down behind a thin piece of brick/cinder block wall, and the AP shell appears unable to penetrate it.

+1 I experience all these.

Upvote 0

Frequency: always.

3. Stuck as tank driver:

Frequency: very frequently.

Frequency: Situational. Depends on map?

Add these one ...

14.When you kill someone with the Panzer IV MG-34 you receive XP for the MG , but when you do the same with T-34 Dp-28 at the endo you don't receive any weapon xp .

The Iusse 3 I noticed that only happens when you star moving your tank before the rounds starts , sometimes there is a bug that allows you to move when you are woiting at the spawn for the next round start , if you are still moving when the time before the round start ends you get that iusse , gettin stuck at the driver seat and maybe being not able to change the view position for the hutch .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Votekick menu seems to have a cap on how many players can be on the list to call a vote on, oftentimes I'll scroll down the entire list and there's a lot of names not on there. Also votekicks seem to be only intermittently functional, I saw a pair of Tkers named Moose and Odd Future who went on a TKing rampage, and despite several votes being called none succeeded, and I seriously doubt the people they were tking were voting no. So I think votekick is currently broken.

Oh, and also, scoped G41 kill icon is the SVT40.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
General Bugs

• Enemies would run around with their arms straight back, or deploy an MG standing backwards
  • AI or models floating above terrain (though this seems to always happen in Unreal Engine games)
  • Certain achievements haven't unlocked (all the training mission ones, Stonewall)
  • AI seemed confused on maps with lots of potential cover, resulting in odd behavior
    • Running away or taking cover miles away from the objective
    • Running back and forth, retreating, advancing, then picking cover
    • Climbing out a window just to climb back in
    • Enemies and teammates sharing the same cover (!)
    • Teammates blocking you while you peek over cover (!!)
    • Etc.
  • Same as everyone else, my stats not being tracked
  • Server browser filtering servers even though all filters are clear

Singleplayer Specific Bugs

• Allies Campaign
    • Chapter 6 - Mission 9
      Resumed combat as a body lying on its back instead of a tank, had to restart checkpoint
      Could not scuttle the tank, tried binding the command to others keys, still didn't work, had to restart checkpoint
      Tanks sounds would cut-out
      In general this mission was painful to play, do not like the tanks at all
  • Chapter 7 - Mission 10
    While defending the Warehouse, resumed combat inside a pile of sandbags, had to restart checkpoint (This is where it happened -> http://i52.tinypic.com/5xtkk5.jpg)
    Even though I failed this, still advanced to Mission 11

General Concerns
  • One key for cover, bandage etc. results in the wrong action at the wrong time. Separate keys would be nice.
  • Can't interrupt reload to melee, is this possible?
  • Every melee hit against me is one hit kill, where as I have to beat on them like a drum solo to kill them
  • Seems like even if the enemy AI is a mile away he will run at you to melee
  • Resuming combat brings the class you are about to take over to a complete stop, usually resulting in insta-death

Game has potential, especially the multiplayer. Hope you guys get things sorted out :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0