• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

List of new things in the new trailer.

• 0:32/0:42 - with the "mad scientist" assault rifle - there's a glowing medic cross on the side, further supporting the rumour that the medic perk uses sci-fi weapons. I wonder if all the sci-fi weapons have the medical cross emblem on them

Rumors? I thought somebody at TW confirmed this...

EDIT: Also, to help out with your french, petit means little, not big, and palais means palace if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
0:14 Some old characters, we're familiar with
0:17 SCAR Mk17... mmm'kay...
0:20 Shotguns, gunfire, oils, loads and stock
0:24 A Husk celebrates its frustr- nvm...
0:27 Blocking Gorefast's swing with Katana
0:28 Fleshpound v2 now with more steroids
0:33 Spinning attack Scrake! (seriously I saw no one wrote about this)
0:40 Sparta kick Fleshpound. Thinking there would be around 300 specimen at late waves, seems about right...
0:42 Explosive or sparking hammer thingy and new female teammate
0:44 Katana swings show off
0:48 Buzzsaw comes back in the game for real I guess
0:52 Spinning attack Gorefast and... enviromental traps??
0:53 New flamer effect looks nice.
0:55 Crisping the new Scrake which probably will unleash a mayhem later
0:57 Gorefast going for jumping ground slam attack slo-mo
1:00 Steeeeeve!
1:04 Makeshift explosive hammer???... Guess we'll have more makeshift weaponry than we ask for, which is pretty cool.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rumors? I thought somebody at TW confirmed this...

EDIT: Also, to help out with your french, petit means little, not big, and palais means palace if I'm not mistaken.

I think someone alluded to it in one interview somewhere
It could have been more definite than that, I can't remember

Also I was joking haha 'Le Petit Chat' obviously means the little cat
I uh... did get a C in French back in school though

Upvote 0
Why? It looks like best idea ever. Make melee weapon and make it hit hard like a shotgun.
Maybe I'm being overly critical but it just doesn't seem to be practical in the slightest. I'm not sure how it's supposed to work though. Does it have a gun that shoots on melee impact (doesn't look like it)? Even if you could pull that off, why not use a spike or something instead. Or are you supposed to actually use it like a regular shotgun too? Have fun aiming with that thing with a 40kg weight on the end of the barrel.

I don't mind sci-fi or unconventional weapons but a weird thing like this just makes no sense

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe I'm being overly critical but it just doesn't seem to be practical in the slightest. I'm not sure how it's supposed to work though. Does it have a gun that shoots on melee impact (doesn't look like it)? Even if you could pull that off, why not use a spike or something instead. Or are you supposed to actually use it like a regular shotgun too? Have fun aiming with that thing with a 40kg weight on the end of the barrel.
There's a perfect image someone already posted about this weapon:

R1SI9FF.gif

Well, I guess in principle the sledgehammer's head is hollowed out to form a barrel for a shotgun shell. At the moment of impact, a bolt+spring mechanism fires the shell at point-blank range into zed's head... which is um... quaint.

Although a possible construct, in real life it would offer no additional advantage over... uh... any shotgun whatsoever in terms of damage... but I suppose that weapon is about makeshift feel, coolism and berserk powah, so the fact of being borderline absurd won't matter for most people.

Also, typical sledgehammer is about 5 to 10 kilos, I don't think that there are any 40 kilo hammers or people able to swing them for 40 hours a week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BTW is this the right place to say I strongly dislike the new Scrake design and the existence of a ridiculous hammer-gun hybrid?

I'm finding the scrake redesign a little jarring too, but i'm sure i'll warm to it
I've never seen medical scrubs with big leather straps before, though maybe it's to withstand his massive strength
Like the new FP design he's also huge now when in KF1 he somehow looked more intimidating and more gritty with all that blood on him
He's also lacking his gloves which makes him look even less like a doctor
I like the cloth physics on his apron though haha

I don't mind sci-fi or unconventional weapons but a weird thing like this just makes no sense

It makes sense when you happen to have a 7ft tall man-tank lumbering towards you with a reinforced skeleton

Upvote 0
I'm finding the scrake redesign a little jarring too, but i'm sure i'll warm to it
I've never seen medical scrubs with big leather straps before, though maybe it's to withstand his massive strength
Like the new FP design he's also huge now when in KF1 he somehow looked more intimidating and more gritty with all that blood on him
He's also lacking his gloves which makes him look even less like a doctor
I like the cloth physics on his apron though haha

It makes sense when you happen to have a 7ft tall man-tank lumbering towards you with a reinforced skeleton

I'm sure the new fp will look more intimidating when he starts running at you and there's no one to help you.

Upvote 0