• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

List all of your loadouts for Survivalist!

Drunkenstein

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 3, 2016
Narnia
My perks are as follows: Heavy Weapons Training, Melee Expert, Weapon Harness, Make Things Go Boom & Lockdown. Since I don't play with a team often, I tend to favor perks suited for handling Zeds and not allies. I will also be using weapons that cross with the Demolitionist, Berserker & Support.

My chosen weapons are as follows: VLAD-1000 Nailgun, Pulverizer & M32 MGL. The VLAD-1000 crossperks between the Support & Berserker, so it should receive bonuses from both HWT & Melee Expert. This may make for a weapon that cleans zeds fast & efficiently, especially against hordes of "weaker" targets.

The Pulverizer is (personally) my favorite weapon because of its heavy knockdown power, wide area attack & heavy explosive strike, which really suits well against fleshpounds, giving the Demolitionist a melee alternative and the Berserker an anti-FP utility. The problem is, with all melee weapons, is that the Pulverizer lacks range, and this weapon in particular is rather slow to attack, though it does seem to benefit from HWT, Melee Expert & (to a lesser extent) MTGB.

The M32 MLG is highly risky as its munitions are expensive, but it pays off well when destroying a FP at range or shooting a Siren's head off up close. It can also potentially decimate an entire group with just one shot, though the other 2 weapons do that job with less expense. Though I don't do it myself, this weapon can be exchanged for the Seeker 6 or the RPG-7.

FreakWolf

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 1, 2019
I like to experiment often with different weapons, so I separare my loadouts basicly into 'close-range surv' and 'long-range surv'. Always pick up at least a Medic pistol, if possible, to help your team mates!

Close-range perks:
Heavy Weapons Training, Melee Expert, either Ammo Vest or Weapon Harness depends on team comp (mostly Ammo Vest due grenade to self-heal), Zed-splosion and Madman.

Freezethrower:
I find it perfect for Surv, since it can be used in every situation. It works great to trash-clean + zed-splosion, can alt-shot medium zeds and can freeze big zeds before going for M4 barrage. Also gives a lot of Xp and dosh without the danger of fire panic. Simply perfect to control choke-points.

Pulverizer:
Use it just sometimes since I prefer Freezethrower with Zed-splosion, but it seems to work with Make Things Go Boom for better ammo efficiency use. Very nice when you want to save money.

Eviscerator:
No surprise, since it can trash clean easily with alt-fire, can defend yourself with parry, some stumble power and damage with your blades, and re-usable ammo. I use more often with closed maps like biolabs due ricochet and easier blade recovery.

Double-Barrel-Shotgun:
Just a wonderful weapon. Cheap to buy, high damage, quick reload, nice stumble power and some gimmicks like goomba jump or long disengage due alt fire. Another common for Surv that I like to use in close range

M4:
Very strong weapon in general, enough to give some assist to big zed kills, and clean up medium or trash zeds. Just need to be careful with reload, so often throw a molotiv to hold out while reloading.

Long-range Perks:
Either lv 5, depending on team, Medic Training, Weapon Harness, Make Things go boom and Madman.

Killerwatt:
This is for long-range, so I go with perks suiting such, like Medic Training to heal the front line and weapons like M79 for the improved Make Things Go Boom. Focusing on medium zeds due the high damage + EMP, M79 in case of needed trash clean and Charged shot always if needed. A huge plus with a Support team member since it can repair doors in order to make most use of charged shot.

M16:
Since it is both Demo and Commando, it fits pretty much every loadout I want because of faster reload. Some good head shots for medium zeds, decent trash clean for trash and a grenade in case of a quick cleaning.

501:
Mostly if I need to be a healer with spare money. While it hurts my pocket to buy it, its alt-fire ammo is very cheap and useful, along with Zed-splosion and a wielded door, you can clean an absurd ammount of zeds with one grenade. It also keeps the AoE heals of the medic grenade you lose by choosing Weapon Harness

Crossbow:
Yet another common for Surv as far I've seen. Great to maintain ammo and focus on medium zeds with some penetration, also stumble big zeds with head shots.

Railgun:
Still a very good weapon for Surv, but I don't use it often since it requires good aim and quick headshots to deal with big zeds. I use mostly if on lower difficulty or playing with few / no friends.

M79:
A long-range trash cleaner, simply put. Make Things Go Boom enhances your ammo efficiency, and the distance thanks to a close-range friend minimze the self damage.

RPG:
Deals huge damage, and don't require head shots if you're bad at them like me. With Weapon Harness you can upgrade it and still use other weapons.

PS: I often avoid Firebug weapons due the strong self-fire damage, and because FreezeThrower is simply better IMO, and I dislike Gunslinger and Commando weapons due their huge recoil. SWAT weapons are all ok, yet they run dry too fast in the hands of their class, which gets worse in the hands of a Surv, so I don't often choose them.

Apr 4, 2019
Canada
Until the class gets level 15 or with the Ammo Vest perk.
M4 with Crossbow
Med shoty with Crossbow
Freezethrower wih Mag.500

With Weapon belt perk.
Rpg up. with the railgun up. Very very very very high cost. Preferably used in endless.
Rpg + med weapon
Railgun + med weapon

While trying to save on ammo throughout the wave. You can also use melee weapon.

Ic0n0clast

Aug 7, 2018
TEXAAAASSSSS
1. Upped Hemoglobber + Upped Rpg/Huskcannon - Healing nades All n all best survivalist loadout to 'survive' as perk intends.
2. HM501 + RPG/M99 - Molotovs.

Early waves - M79 and Healing Grenades

ZEDSPLOSION is your friend is most OP skill on Survivalist.
ALWAYS TAKE MELEE EXPERT. The move speed is too good to pass up for a little bit of healing.

Impsak_2

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 19, 2015
I got all PERKS at 25 (6th time)

Regarding Survivalist, I very often choose this perk for boss fights.

Loadout:
RPG - Upgraded
and
MP5 - Upgraded (or P90 cant upgrade due to slot space)

For Perk tree, I use "Make things go boom" which gives a 40% increased explosive damage on top of the upgraded RPG. (Swap to MP5 or P90 for adds)
I also use "Heavy Weapons Training" for fast reload of the RPG.
And you got some healing nades for your team mates and yourself to help medic, If you even have a medic.

This is a VERY VERY good choice for boss. Suicidal or HoE especially.

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
I'm trying to shake things up and NOT use the melee skill or a melee weapon for once in my loadout...

This is where I think the class struggles become more apparent.

In regards to Commando or Swat guns, I think something that could be looked into for improvement is somehow implementing a clip/mag size bonus for the perk within its level progression (not an elected perk skill).

Obviously not to the extent you see with a level 25 SWAT but maybe something.

The ammo runs dry way too fast.. and it's a shame because with Zedsplosion the guns are pretty fun to play around with.

Ic0n0clast

Aug 7, 2018
TEXAAAASSSSS
I'm trying to shake things up and NOT use the melee skill or a melee weapon for once in my loadout...

This is where I think the class struggles become more apparent.

In regards to Commando or Swat guns, I think something that could be looked into for improvement is somehow implementing a clip/mag size bonus for the perk within its level progression (not an elected perk skill).

Obviously not to the extent you see with a level 25 SWAT but maybe something.

The ammo runs dry way too fast.. and it's a shame because with Zedsplosion the guns are pretty fun to play around with.
I have been trying out the crossbow and it is actually fairly decent. Coupled with the 501/M16/RPG its not that bad.

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
I have been trying out the crossbow and it is actually fairly decent. Coupled with the 501/M16/RPG its not that bad.
Someone mentioned P90 but I can't remember where - it's not in here.

Upgraded with zedsplosion, it shreds very nicely.. the problem is, the moment you try to play SUI or HOE like that, you'll be crying for ammo (even with the generous amount the gun gives - 430 or something?)

It's still fun to do on Hard and Endless at least.

Crossbow just bores me for some reason, although it definitely has great penetration and recycling ammo is a big plus.