• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Linux support?

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
Will it be native LINUX support from day one for servers and/or client? I hope you will not make the mistake you did on RO2 (aka NO linux support for servers and client at all)

Linux server support is the most important for all the one who don't want to pay a windows licence to host game servers... (almost everyone one who rent a dedicated server.. hum)

As this is a Windows game, developed on and for Windows, I think people asking for or expecting it to be ported to other OS's are just selfish. What next? MacOS? Android? iOS? I have Windows and a Windows server. How about you non Windows users just go away, and let PC users have a game just for once? I get so sick of people with subpar OS's and systems expecting or wanting developers to dumb down a game and make it compatible with their system?

Linux users are just as bad as consolers wanting games for their crappy systems. Can you PLEASE just all go away and let PC have a pure PC game? You go play your crappy Linux or whatever games and I promise I will never ask any of those developers to make a Windows version of your games.

I want to see PC game development. I want to see 64bit games maxing out my PC specs with DX11 OR DX12! So PLEASE? No Linux etc...? Just focus on the best PC game you can make.

And please, before any Linux users come here to make false claims about how popular that outdated OS system is, let me tel you, youre delusional. We get THOUSANDS of hits on our website daily, and the numbers of Linux users are maybe 10-12%. You are far more a minority than most of you seem to realize.

Upvote 0
Please stop trolling topics like this one (you went on other topic I saw) you just look like a dumb retard.

This topic is about Linux servers, because Linux is the most popular, and free, and open source system for servers. You have the money for a Windows licence, good for you, but the rest of the planet (at least a part) don't want to pay for a Windows licence added to the server costs. Now please troll another thread.

Linux servers > Windows servers

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As this is a Windows game, developed on and for Windows, I think people asking for or expecting it to be ported to other OS's are just selfish. What next? MacOS? Android? iOS? I have Windows and a Windows server. How about you non Windows users just go away, and let PC users have a game just for once? I get so sick of people with subpar OS's and systems expecting or wanting developers to dumb down a game and make it compatible with their system?

Linux users are just as bad as consolers wanting games for their crappy systems. Can you PLEASE just all go away and let PC have a pure PC game? You go play your crappy Linux or whatever games and I promise I will never ask any of those developers to make a Windows version of your games.

I want to see PC game development. I want to see 64bit games maxing out my PC specs with DX11 OR DX12! So PLEASE? No Linux etc...? Just focus on the best PC game you can make.

And please, before any Linux users come here to make false claims about how popular that outdated OS system is, let me tel you, youre delusional. We get THOUSANDS of hits on our website daily, and the numbers of Linux users are maybe 10-12%. You are far more a minority than most of you seem to realize.

The more you post the more I realize you don't have a clue as to what you are saying.

Upvote 0

uh.... lol?

Upvote 0