• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Linux server support information

gRoTTo.oRc

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 30, 2012
I see that TWI is aiming for a November release date. It seems unlikely they will be able to have a Linux server, let alone a Linux client, for KF2 by then.

Sad and very, very disappointing.

I just wish that developers in general would stop developing on Windows and DirectX. This nonsense of having to then port to other platforms is so last century. Just embrace Vulkan and develop on Linux which would make cross-platform development a no-brainer.

Last edited:

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
It doesn't look like Linux server files will make full release, but it is something we are still working towards.

SiriusHD

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 6, 2015
France
cloudsdale.ga
[TW said:
schneidzekk;n2104709]Nobody promised a Linux server for RO2.

"They CONFIRMED PUBLICLY that it will come DURING EARLY ACCESS that means virtually until the official release"

Yes, that is exactly what it means.
a bit late i guess.

Slie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2010
I've been out of the loop for a long time. Has there been any updates/information regarding linux support?

ramsor

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 11, 2012
I am also waiting over a year for the release :rolleyes:
If the Linux dedicated server is available, I will immediately set up 4 or 5 servers!
It's done when it's done...

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
UP!!

So?..... any ETA for Linux servers? Also what about the SteamOS version? You have lost the trust of many people right now.. many people who were really involved in supporting your games, and I'm not talking only about me. Do we have to wait few weeks, few months? one or two years? that would be good to know, to be able to move on and forget about what has been said if you're not going to keep your words.