• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Linux server support information

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Linux server support: our goal is to add this during the Early Access dev cycle, but it will come online during the Early Access period some time after launch.

SkullMasher

FNG / Fresh Meat
That is awesome news ! Thank you very much for the clarification.

I'll make sure to provide feedback on the subject during the early access.

On behalf of my little french multigaming community, we wish TWI all the best for what's to come and keep up the good work !

Does the system will be similar to launching a KF1 server ?

Yin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 17, 2010
Does that mean Windows support for dedicated servers will be launched with the EA?

SkullMasher

FNG / Fresh Meat
That is awesome news ! Thank you very much for the clarification.

I'll make sure to provide feedback on the subject during the early access.

On behalf of my little french multigaming community, we wish TWI all the best for what's to come and keep up the good work !

Does the system will be similar to launching a KF1 server ?

larkstongues42

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 8, 2013
Welp, looks like I won't be hosting servers at EA release then. Hopefully it'll be soon though. There's quite a few people I know who have either dedicated servers or VPSs that run Linux which host multiple KF servers so I think releasing KF2 Linux servers will definitely increase the server count.

h4zard

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 19, 2015
Germany
Thanks for that! <3

Are there going to be also server-commands? Like post something through the server-console in the game-chat?

DoshAddict

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 10, 2015
+1, any updates?
My virtualized Windows server gets a 25ms ping if I directly ping it, but my hosted server got a 60-65ms ping.
It would be great if we could finally host our servers native.

ToNiO

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 11, 2009
France
steamcommunity.com
Hi,

it would be interesting to have a list of priorities or actions on the early access and how TWI sees things

I guess the devs are doing this in a specific order but it would be nice to know how

it would be very interesting for us admins or for players

we still wait information on linux servers after 2 months of waiting

TWI, any news?

Last edited: