• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Leveling Your Medic Class

Sorry about this, I'm still traumatised from Call of Duty and rage whenever I see it mentioned. Plz forgive the following rant :)

Even COD4 was riddled with crap despite its popularity.

Kill streaks are a crap idea
Claymore mines are crap full stop
Grenade Launchers are crap full stop
Stun Grenades are insanely crap as well as stupid since a stun and flash bang are exactly the same thing.
Regerating health is crap, in theory a player can take 100 bullets and never die
Perks for the most part are crap, especially Juggernaut, Dead Silence, Last Stand and anything blue other than Bandolier.
Semi automatic Sniper Rifles are crap
Weapon balance on the whole is crap

They took most of the problems the game had out in clan pro mods... however they also pretty much just turned it into a counter strike rip off. Why play butchered COD4 when you can just play CS instead?

And no I'm not a CS fanboy, I went to CS after playing COD, it is just by far the better game.

COD 2 on the other hand (not MW2) was a beast game. Next to no complaints on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lacedaemonius
Upvote 0
Sorry about this, I'm still traumatised from Call of Duty and rage whenever I see it mentioned. Plz forgive the following rant :)

Even COD4 was riddled with crap despite its popularity.

Kill streaks are a crap idea
Claymore mines are crap full stop
Grenade Launchers are crap full stop
Stun Grenades are insanely crap as well as stupid since a stun and flash bang are exactly the same thing.
Regerating health is crap, in theory a player can take 100 bullets and never die
Perks for the most part are crap, especially Juggernaut, Dead Silence, Last Stand and anything blue other than Bandolier.
Semi automatic Sniper Rifles are crap
Weapon balance on the whole is crap

They took most of the problems the game had out in clan pro mods... however they also pretty much just turned it into a counter strike rip off. Why play butchered COD4 when you can just play CS instead?

And no I'm not a CS fanboy, I went to CS after playing COD, it is just by far the better game.

COD 2 on the other hand (not MW2) was a beast game. Next to no complaints on that.

Ah, a fellow COD2 player. the memories... Just like you, i'm completely pissed about what they've done to the series. They managed to turn an excelent competitive and casual game into an halfassed pubshooter in just 1 sequel...

Reactions: Undedd Jester
Upvote 0
Yeah, COD4 had its flaws, but it was still a fun game. You're right about the promod point, it's utterly pointless to play that when CS exists. Where COD4 shines is for pubbing - it isn't a competitive game (not that the CODs have ever been) and never will be. The only people who try to tell you that COD is hard are tryhards trying to validate themselves :p

Personally, I thought COD4 was pretty fun with all the dumb stuff you could do. It's basically MW3 without the ridiculous pacing where you can die every 5 seconds. Maybe it was also that the maps in COD4 weren't mostly garbage, but either way COD4 was a great game for what it tried to be.

Killstreaks are bad, GLs are bad, Last Stand (anything that happens after you die basically) is bad, but I think that regenerating health is more of an idiosyncrasy of the CODs than anything else. If COD4 didn't have regenerating health, camping would be even MORE terrible. Since you die in 2-4 bullets in COD4, you'd take 1 bullet, then be afraid to go anywhere since the next one would have a high chance of killing you. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I think that for COD it makes sense.

But yeah lol @ COD4's weapon balance. AK47 / AK74u / M40, and maaaybe sometimes the M4 or M16. That was it lol.

Upvote 0
Ironically, in my experience Regening Health isn't actually a good thing to stop camping, in fact if anything it makes it worse.

If you look at games that don't use regen health they have much less issue with campers, especially in TDM, because: -
A) Players naturally are more wary, so camping gives fewer rewards.
B) Once someone gets killed by a camper the lack of run and gun action makes it easier to work out where the camper is, so you can hit that spot with nades and flashes
C) Even if a camper kills you, you may well have got a shot off and tagged them, meaning the next person who comes along has a chance to finish them off.
D) Once a campers location is known, he needs to relocate, however this is alot harder with a fixed health bar. With regening health players can sprint amoungst cover to make themselves a hard target to finish off. Once they reach their new spot, they simply hang tight to regen and then you are back to square 1.

In non regen games camping may earn you a couple of kills, but you are quickly discovered and will struggle to stay alive. Eventually you will get driven out and will find it hard to get to that position again. In regen games there is no penalty for camping, in theory you can camp a spot eternally and never die.

Upvote 0
Here's my input because I feel like contributing, even though anyone who's good at medic already knows this ****...

In terms of being a good medic, there are few things that I think are important:
- healing your teammates (being effective)
- prioritizing who to heal, when to heal (being efficient)
- acting as the tank of the team with raging FPs and SCs (utilizing that OP medic armor)
- being able to go solo when everyone else has died (individual player skill, effective weapon loadout)

On that last point:
Axe, LAR, MP5; if you're too lazy or whatever excuse to pistol->chin on approaching Crawlers for quick kills, the MP5 is good for Crawlers, saving that rifle for (situationally) Husks and Sirens; or Scrakes and Fleshpounds, usually.

HEADSHOTS, HEADSHOTS.. HEADSHOTS!!!
EVERY PERK IS THE SHARPSHOOTER PERK AND SHOULD USE AMMO SPARINGLY/APPROPRIATELY;
btw: CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL (I do have a steering wheel in here somewhere.)

Rifling Scrakes is done from long range and headshots, [duh, winning] because of their sprint behavior. Like Gorefasts, the Scrake only sprints inside a certain range, even if it's low health.

That Axe is the mainstay of the Medic's offensive power, not using ammunition, and sweeping trash when nobody needs heals.
(Played similar to Easymode-Zerking)

Avoid bodyshotting crawlers with the Rifle because you might not have enough for a Scrake if you're forced to take them on as a Medic.

Riflekiting Fleshpounds is more effective than the Axe, because he doesn't have so much resistance to the LAR and Offperk doesn't rage per shot. (Offers LoS-break kiting and less frequently jumping in and out of the strike zone for in-his-face kites.)

And yes, I main as Medic. (Though I do play all classes.)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CarmeTaika

RelevantStats.png

"Did you just use MSPaint to make that in like 5 minutes?"
...Yeah I did. Problem?

Upvote 0