• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Leveling Your Medic Class

I guess it'd be faster but you'll develop better Medic habits by just playing the game. Staying near teammates, checking the scoreboard and their health bars for damage, constantly healing, maintaining your armor in case you need to block, using the LAR off-perk for additional fire support, practicing rapid headshots with the MP7/ MP5 to aid in trash clean-up, etc, etc, etc.

Reactions: Malhaven
Upvote 0
Your method isn't even that good. You could get it done twice as fast by just hitting the right cliff on mountainpass. That being said, why would you ever want to power-level any class, least of all medic. Monotony not withstanding, level is supposed to be a general meterstick of one's ability in the game and all grinding like that will do is, as sah put it, produce "two level 6 scrubs".

That and I think it's safe to say that at least 3/4 of the forum regs are lvl 6 already.

Upvote 0
I logged onto my server once to see two people doing this, asked them to stop so we could play, I got something along the lines of "No leveling medic".

I logged in as admin and asked them once more, they ignored me and were promptly kicked.

It's one thing doing it in a private server, but a public one?

And yeah, woo, you get level6 medic, congrats. Lvl6 means diddly squat. Players know a dedicated medic when they play with one.

Upvote 0
I logged onto my server once to see two people doing this, asked them to stop so we could play, I got something along the lines of "No leveling medic".

I logged in as admin and asked them once more, they ignored me and were promptly kicked.

It's one thing doing it in a private server, but a public one?

And yeah, woo, you get level6 medic, congrats. Lvl6 means diddly squat. Players know a dedicated medic when they play with one.
Im glad im not the only one who will not allow this on their servers. I kick for any type of cheating either to stay alive or leveling their perk. Two bans have been made to my custom server as they did this to get level 12 medic (480,000 points to rack for level 12 on it...). Cheating is cheating no matter what so people REALLY need to grow up.

Upvote 0
00D23CA548C7C3ED53DDA321CA404F623B0532DC

Upvote 0
I don't get it, why would you choose to grind away at leveling up the medic perk. I'm nearly at level 5 and I've never played medic, but I've had a lot of fun getting there making sure my squad is still alive.

Last time I found someone leveling up support welding with one clot behind a door I just restarted the server. The game provides the ability to run your own server easily and be able to level up. So there's no excuse to do it on a public server. Although I don't mind someone grinding to leveling up the welding privately, because it's better than them welding every door in sight getting half the squad killed.

Upvote 0
I don't understand - of all the perks, why would you powerlevel medic?

Maybe I'm making a generalisation here, but I'd assume that the kind of person who chooses to powerlevel is also the kind of person who values competition over cooperation, so why would you do it with medic?

Are you actually going to go out and heal people in Sui/HoE games now? I find it hard to believe.

Upvote 0
I don't understand - of all the perks, why would you powerlevel medic?

Maybe I'm making a generalisation here, but I'd assume that the kind of person who chooses to powerlevel is also the kind of person who values competition over cooperation, so why would you do it with medic?

Are you actually going to go out and heal people in Sui/HoE games now? I find it hard to believe.

agreed. This is how CoD players transfer their skills across different games ROFL xD

Upvote 0
I can see why people would powerlevel a medic from lvl 5 to 6 since it takes 3 times the amount of healing points to do so, but most people here hit it on the nail. Powerleveling doesn't make you a better player; leveling through real gameplay experience is far more beneficial.

In terms of being a good medic, there are few things that I think are important:
- healing your teammates (being effective)
- prioritizing who to heal, when to heal (being efficient)
- acting as the tank of the team with raging FPs and SCs (utilizing that OP medic armor)
- being able to go solo when everyone else has died (individual player skill, effective weapon loadout)

Upvote 0