• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leveling perks enabled during early access?

You should increase the XP gain for the duration of the EA then. Like 100% increase. If our stats are reset every 2-3 weeks, how the people are gonna test the higher diffs?

The EA should have the supposedly "final" XP gain values, because progression is one of the things that should be tested and balanced. If its not that way, the final game could have issues like some perks are too easy and fast to level while some others would be pretty slow and boring.

And of course, testing the higher difficulties should be as Yosh said.

Upvote 0
i kinda like how they did it with dead island epidemic(closed alpha/beta). they gave you characters with max lvl for a week or so, sometimes you were able to play only 1 class, gave you only certain weapons to test etc. then they reset all accounts when the game got on EA but gave closed alpha and beta testers xp points they could spend on any class they want, icons next to their names etc. im not really a fan of moba games but i think the way they did it worked quiet good so far and nobody was really complaining about the account resets.

Upvote 0
When we lock everybody to a set perk level for a week and let them hammer away at it? (That is how we do it internally)
Awesome idea. It not only lets you test things, but you don't lose anything as you didn't really gain any XP or stats.

Is it possible to lock PERKS at different levels for different difficulties?
Hypothetically lvl5 for normal, lvl10 for hard etc? (assuming those perk levels are enough for a particular difficulty)

Upvote 0
Early Access is there to test the game. Which means you try to get everything in good shape for the actual release and that includes the leveling of the perks of course because it's a big part of the game. But I'd like to start from beginning when the Early Access is over. It just feels fresh to know the testing is over and you can actually start having fun without thinking whether something should be fixed right now or not.
Also you already have got the advantage of knowing the game.

What I'd support was an achievement for the people that helped / played in the Early Access version.

Upvote 0