• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lets see what's changed...

Nanostrike

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2009
Took close to an 8 month break from the game due to college and frustration at Berserker being useless and Sharpshooter being unstoppable death gods. But with a new PC and a holiday break, I figure it's time to give the game a shot again.

I browsed the patch notes and got the general idea of what's been done. Any significant changes not mentioned there that I should know about?

PS: Just adding the Katana's auto-fire back was enough to make me wanna play again. That click spam was a nightmare on my mouse, not to mention my fingers. Thanks, TWI.

Reactions: OneBloodyHero
if you read the patch notes, thats about it.

You will find more team variety and less sharpshooter. The chainsaw and LAW are now viable. Medics play medic, and the m14 is less spammy. New difficulty. Bunch of other stuff. Twisted Christmas (new map+zeds)

Heres a big change if your playing pubs though: loadsa new players. But that'll even out in a bit.

That should be just about it. Doesn't look like any class is dominant yet, as we are currently in the chaotic stage after rebalancing.

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
True, but in general you're going to be saving more money now than you did before. I crunched the numbers on that here, and you're typically going to come out ahead, especially if you use the HS as a backup gun for Scrakes and FPs.

It seems impossible for me to make any money as Support on Hell on Earth if I buy the Hunting Shotgun, the ammo costs a ton. I usually go Firebug and switch to support when I can afford the AA12.

Upvote 0
Took close to an 8 month break from the game due to college and frustration at Berserker being useless and Sharpshooter being unstoppable death gods. But with a new PC and a holiday break, I figure it's time to give the game a shot again.

I browsed the patch notes and got the general idea of what's been done. Any significant changes not mentioned there that I should know about?

PS: Just adding the Katana's auto-fire back was enough to make me wanna play again. That click spam was a nightmare on my mouse, not to mention my fingers. Thanks, TWI.

Welcome back Nano. Surely it's worth firing up KF just to see your tag in the official version of a game! Check out the cubicles in the Hospital Horrors bogs.

Upvote 0