• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let's play a little game...

Lacedaemonius

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
I call it "KF-Roulette", and want to get a game going on the forum.

How it works is all participants must go to the map whitelist (http://sykosis.co.uk/kfmwhitelist/) and download the first map they get from the "random map" button. They then must solo it in a long game of either Suicidal or Hard with players faked to 2 (see below attachment for link). To make things a bit more fair all players kiting as berserk or med must fake an additional player in so that it's 2 for suicidal/3 for hard. All participants have until midnight of an agreed upon timezone to complete their assigned map or be knocked out. Then it begins all over again the next day and repeats ad infinitum. There can only be one.

Post if you're interested, and if enough people are I'll make a steam group and see about organizing some games. We'll be going on the honor system, so some less than reputable people (not going to name names) may be discluded.

Good luck, and god have mercy on the poor soul that draws KF-Candlesmoke.rom

Attachments

• KFFakedPlayers.zip
    2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I call it "KF-Roulette", and want to get a game going on the forum.

How it works is all participants must go to the map whitelist (http://sykosis.co.uk/kfmwhitelist/http://sykosis.co.uk/kfmwhitelist/) and download the first map they get from the "random map" button. They then must solo it in either Suicidal or Hard with players faked to 2 (see below attachment for link). To make things a bit more fair all players kiting as berserk must fake an additional player in so that it's 2 for suicidal/3 for hard. All participants have until midnight of an agreed upon timezone to complete their assigned map or be knocked out. Then it begins all over again the next day and repeats ad infinitum. There can only be one.

Post if you're interested, and if enough people are I'll make a steam group and see about organizing some games. We'll be going on the honor system, so some less than reputable people (not going to name names) may be discluded.

Good luck, and god have mercy on the poor soul that draws KF-Candlesmoke.rom

Should include medic with zerker, a great idea though. For speed sake, should it be done on Short? Bonus points for those that record the session and put it on youtube. (most comps should handle afterburner/bandicam with ease)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Should include medic with zerker, a great idea though. For speed sake, should it be done on Short? Bonus points for those that record the session and put it on youtube. (most comps should handle afterburner/bandicam with ease)

Updated, thanks for the tips. I decided to set it to long for reasons 2-fold:
1. Long games are really the only way to play and prove that you've really "conquered" a map.
2. Short games can be very difficult as the big bads will usually be spawning before you can afford your best loadout.

Also, when I try recording games my fps takes a full nosedive. Where I had 60+ fps I suddenly have 20 at the very most, and I have a pretty decent rig.
Spoiler!

Upvote 0
But only scrubs will -completely- fail at this. You'll have to do time attack mode so that if any people going for it get the same map, taking longer gets you eliminated.

Edit/P.S.//Off-Topic:
Why is everything else I've posted on these forums told to wait for a moderator to approve them before they become visible?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2. Short games can be very difficult as the big bads will usually be spawning before you can afford your best loadout.

Also, when I try recording games my fps takes a full nosedive. Where I had 60+ fps I suddenly have 20 at the very most, and I have a pretty decent rig.
Spoiler!

With faked players I''d be suprised if you didn't have your preferred loadout after wave 2. In a long match Waves 4/6/9 feel redundant, just my personal pref really, id be more inclined to join in for shorter games as opposed to long games (time restraints)

What are you using to record? Fraps is a huge resource hog although it does have the best recording quality i have seen from capture software, afterburner and bandicam can record at 1/2 or custom sizes which limit the resource impact even further as well. I wasn't stating it as a must, but it would be great to see some vids from this, plus as per on of the comments, you could then have time attack comparing times.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a good way to mix things up and get people like me to try more new maps. I'm interested, but I do have a question:

You mention the honor system, but I also see discussion of recording and/or streaming Killing Floor. Are we expected to offer recordings as proof, or will this be all about trust? I run KF on a laptop, which might cause performance issues while recording. I'll have to try it later today. If it slows down too much and we need proof, I won't be able to participate :/

Either way, it's still a great idea :D Best wishes on getting enough participants.

Upvote 0
You mention the honor system, but I also see discussion of recording and/or streaming Killing Floor. Are we expected to offer recordings as proof, or will this be all about trust?
There's nothing at stake, no reward or anything, so there's no real reason to lie. At some level there has to be a certain trust component or every game would fall apart.

Upvote 0