• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let's play a game : Spot the mistake !

1. Rage it and let it stab you since you are too close to the Scrake
  2. Forgetting the Shotgun-Penetration with which you rage multiple Scrakes in a row due to AA12 being a Shotgun
  3. Throwing Sup-Grenades, Explosions = -50% dmg on Scrake (the splinters hurt the Scrake for 100% I think, although it is still a waste)
  4. Shooting the body of the Bloat and not the Head
  5. Raging the Scrake and running away (without a decent movement speed futile), also not shooting the head
  6. Throwing Grenade again, this time as Commando (even worse than Sup-Grenades since it deals only 150 damage to the Scrake; 300 base damage)
  7. Using Heavy Attack of Pulverizer (-50% damage) on Scrake, not useful except you try to stun it to help a teammate
  8. Throwing only 1 EMP-Grenade, but you need 2 for a FP to apply the effect of the EMP.
  9. Using normal melee-attacks on FP with the Pulverizer (-50% dmg) even though heavy-attack would do 50% more damage to FP (as for the explosive-part, the heavy bash itself still does -50% damage)
  10. Raging the Scrake with the Medic-Grenade (seemed to me like HoE; very easy to rage a Scrake on HoE)
  11. Blocking the FP once on time, then simply not blocking actively anymore or/and let it strike you in the first place because you did not wait until it has raged, giving it the opportunity to get a free hit on you
  12. Only healing while you should actually heal + focus on the small Zeds to help your team actively
Did I win?

Upvote 0
Using Heavy Attack of Pulverizer (-50% damage) on Scrake, not useful except you try to stun it to help a teammate

The only reason why you shouldn't use the secondary attack of the pulverizer is when you are low on health and can stumble it with the left click.(Which is also useless anyway since your teammates will be shooting him but works solo.) Also, if you don't know already, but the explosive of the Pulverizer and the hit of pulverizer is at the same exact time which basically means the heavy attack of the pulverizer+ the explosive damage against him. So there is nothing wrong with using the heavy attack of the pulverizer. Also, you are still heavily wrong due to the fact that left clicking a Scrake will force it to attack without stumbling it. There are 2 things you could do: Make the Scrake chase you and your team mates shoot it(out run it) or repeatedly parry him.(It'll hurt if you mess up)

You get a 11/12

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TheIncredibleGrusi : You got a 9/12, great :D

5. The real mistake is : There is other threat on this situation to deal with before the scrake, it's not your primary target as a commando.
7. The real mistake is : Not even trying to avoid the chainsaw between the pulv alt fires.
9. The real mistake is : Not even trying to parry, just doing random bashing.

Upvote 0
I'm impressed you pulled off these "bad" scenarios and survived them just barely. The real mistake was watching the whole thing...I almost had a heart attack! It was like watching a classic slasher movie with the laughably clumsy protagonist making mistake after mistake.

These are not "real" scenarios, I used the console command "demigod" in solo play.
I just wanted to show how many mistakes like this players can do, even in HoE, and that's sad.

I'm not doing this to have fun of newbies, but I have hope that people can learn what are the mistakes they should not reproduce.

Upvote 0
These are not "real" scenarios, I used the console command "demigod" in solo play.
I just wanted to show how many mistakes like this players can do, even in HoE, and that's sad.

I'm not doing this to have fun of newbies, but I have hope that people can learn what are the mistakes they should not reproduce.

Oh I see, I'm not familiar with all the console commands yet. I understand why you made it, but for people like me it's hard to watch without jumping and and yelling "parry!" "RUUUN!" :p

Upvote 0
The only reason why you shouldn't use the secondary attack of the pulverizer is when you are low on health and can stumble it with the left click.(Which is also useless anyway since your teammates will be shooting him but works solo.) Also, if you don't know already, but the explosive of the Pulverizer and the hit of pulverizer is at the same exact time which basically means the heavy attack of the pulverizer+ the explosive damage against him. So there is nothing wrong with using the heavy attack of the pulverizer. Also, you are still heavily wrong due to the fact that left clicking a Scrake will force it to attack without stumbling it. There are 2 things you could do: Make the Scrake chase you and your team mates shoot it(out run it) or repeatedly parry him.(It'll hurt if you mess up)

You get a 11/12

The damage difference of the power attack of the pulverizer more than makes up the damage resistance vs a normal power light attack, the power attack still comes out on top in terms of damage. Plus you get the stumble from the attack.

Upvote 0
I wanna play a game.

pUlqpIN.jpg

Upvote 0