• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let's not forget RO2/RS.

With RS2 coming up, I know that the devs will be putting a lot of focus on that. But I just hope that we don't completely forget RO2/RS, which are terrific games. I hope that we can see some more content come to these precursor games? There is still a lot of potential in both of them. So, here's to asking that the devs keep the these two games on board while releasing RS2.

One thing I thought of, as we are getting this system in RS2, which is way more conducive to team play and is a lot more fun (even though it is a far fetch now, at this late stage in RO2/RS' lives), could we consider removing the level based content system from RO2/RS? As I am sure the devs have never quite heard the end of, it isn't very popular. And in a game that is the antithesis of the likes of COD, it isn't very consistent. The reason is that it gets new players into the mindset of grinding for unlocks, instead of team playing, which is pretty obviously the goal of a game like RO2/RS. So, if that were removed, and all content was made available to all players, like we are getting in RS2, not only will it make the game more fun by increasing the incentive to team play, but I think it might keep more new players in who join the game, which is important, considering the age of the older two games. So, like I said, it would be awkward to do this now at this late stage in RO2/RS' lives, but I don't think it would be impossible. Just change. Change is good. And I think it would be an improvement for the older two games, which we all still cherish, and I think it would prolong their lives by a good bit. Which, I think, we all would like to see.

Peace.

NorthDumpling;n2282812 said:
Its been 5 years since RO2 came out, its really lots of time, and as you see base game support has been stopped in 2015 I believe. TWI already did a great job at supporting the game, its time to move on guys.
they owe us last drastic game balancing change.you cannot claim the game is balanced and you cannot claim it's historically accurate since it violated in some ways.There are historical things that can balance allies in ro2 and it shouldnt be hard to implement those.

Upvote 0