• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let's look at the good things TWI gave us with this update.

Nova!

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2013
With all the whining and moaning about how the newest update featured DLC tha cost $3 more than usual, I figured it'd be best to list some good things about the update and remind people that KF isn't a greedy moneygrubbing company and that the whiners are just being spoiled.

• A new map, with both Objective and normal mode versions
  • updates to the trader menu to make it less cluttered, a highly-requested feature
  • more drops from a dead player, another requested feature
  • some bugfixes, which are always nice
  • a wave counter on the server browser
  • new achievements to go with the new map
  • the chance to unlock two characters again (Grim Reaper and Commando Chicken)
  • A new DLC character that isn't boring, and has unique voicelines
  • a Camo weapon pack that looks nice (people didn't like golden weapon packs, and to be honest i kinda agree, they were pretty gaudy)
  • new weapons that have unique abilities, that while not being overpowered, involve learning how to use them to make the most of them
  • an actual update, which in itself is great

I personally would like to thank TWI for their continuing support of Killing Floor, and can't wait what to see you do with KF2.

Last edited:
    This is a given. We expect this in a major update anyways, its not like how it was back then.
  • updates to the trader menu to make it less cluttered, a highly-requested feature
    This is good, but broke weapon adding mutators. Besides they had help from Scary Ghost.
    *Insert thumbs up here*
    Scrake hitbox and dual pistols shooting at different directions fixed, users can now STFU! Oh Joy!
    Its okay, servers list there waves like 1784692869/453541515362454
    This too is also a given since its how they support the updates. Its part of the lifeline act of TWI.
  • the chance to unlock two characters again (Reaper and Commando Chicken)
    Another given obviously, do you want to here people complain about not having them be unlockable?
    On opposite day it is.
  • a Camo weapon pack that looks nice (people didn't like golden weapon packs, and to be honest i kinda agree, they were pretty gaudy)
    With out the new trader, people whould still complain.
    Also they use the most ugliest camo scheme on 3 lame weapons.
  • new DLC weapons that have unique abilities, that while not being overpowered, involve learning how to use them to make the most of them.
    Dont give a damn about those weapons. Im good with the Flares and Orca.
    Another given, they have to update KF, TWI knows how much we dislike RO2/RS

Thats how i see it.
But me, im not complaining.

Upvote 0
I love it that they still update the game. They probably don't want to lose much of the player base in preparation of the sequel. Also it seems to work with the dlcs. I'd buy the community weapons pack 3 too when it was 50% off, which isn't.
You should never forget that a company lives by making money. But as long as they depend on their fans opinions,
they will take care of them.

For me it looks like some people request the stuff they give us for completely free. I think the way TWI is bringing the updates is totally fair. They give us free stuff and the option to buy things that won't leave you behind if you don't buy it. People should ask themselves how they would feel if all the time and work they put into an update or game should be for free. TWI never forces us to pay for the optional dlcs to guarantee their company's life.

Another good thing I appreciate is that they put the game with all their dlcs on sale. This time they didn't put the new stuff on sale but then again, they don't force you to buy that. And what I read from people who bought this weapons pack is that it isn't game breaking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The ONLY complaint I have about the 2013 Halloween update is that the new character has (by my count) six unique lines. They get repeated between voice commands and regular in-game triggers. Reloading gives you the line "Oi, I'm'onna take a bong stop, mate!" or something like that, but he says that for a bunch of the other triggers. He says "Ha-hah!" for healing people, and also for "Yes" and "Insult Specimens". don't get me wrong, his lines are still hugely entertaining and his incomprehensibility and visual design are a great part of his charm...

But he could do with more lines. Just three or four more.

Upvote 0
Totally agree with you, what about "more drops from a dead player, another requested feature" though ?

I have'nt seen more than a single weapon dropping from a dead player, maybe it's a bug ?

I don't know, would be kinda nice to have all the player's weapon drop on death.. always sad when you die and while you were healing drop the syringe gun while you had your top weapon :(.

Upvote 0
Sort of makes you curious as to why they're doing all of this. I'm not complaining in any way, but a lot of these things have been unaddressed for awhile. Plus the game isn't getting any younger AND I'm not completely sure how sales of the game are doing at this point. Plus they in a recent job opening didn't they list something about KF2 or am I remembering something wrong? Sort of... makes you wonder...

*puts on tin foil hat and rubs chin*

Upvote 0
With all the whining and moaning about how the newest update featured DLC tha cost $3 more than usual, I figured it'd be best to list some good things about the update and remind people that KF isn't a greedy moneygrubbing company and that the whiners are just being spoiled.

• the chance to unlock two characters again (Grim Reaper and Commando Chicken)
  • new weapons that have unique abilities, that while not being overpowered, involve learning how to use them to make the most of them
I personally would like to thank TWI for their continuing support of Killing Floor, and can't wait what to see you do with KF2.

See: nothing.

For a little while, I was optimistic that if I stared at this update long enough, I'd be happy with it. But its arguably the worst update KF has ever gotten.

It really didn't... add...anything...

A new character, completely uninspired, modeled in three minutes, with voice lines that...No one really cares about? Honestly, I haven't even heard them. I've played with the character three times, but as far as I can tell, he might as well be a regular character.

A pack of guns that are useless beyond recognition.

One map with boring objectives and little replayability.

Honestly, I played the event for one day and went: 'Welp, I'm already done with this. Back to games with content.'

The event just didn't...have...anything.

THere's no reason to want the new achievements... there's no reason to care to play or help other people get them, because arguably the old achievements are still there and just as easy, if not easier to achieve with the addition of some of the super-easy new ones.

All-in-all, almost as impressive The last half a dozen updates Infestation's given it's userbase. A whole bunch of stuff that already should have been in the game, and one token thing that's kind of cool.

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

I don't think that this update is the worst and adds nothing. This game is from 2009. Not every company supports games that long. Also it fixed things people requested for a long time. You don't know how much work it is to fix some bugs you don't even understand what's causing it.
They fixed bugs and created a new map and that for free. Also they give you several special events during the year.
For me they are very fair. They owe us nothing and still they fix bugs and add content. They try to listen to the community every time they release new weapon packs. This time they balanced the weapons which people don't consider as overpowered since this happens everytime a weapon pack comes out. Now the people who buy those weapons say these are underpowered. Result is that you can't make it right for everybody. But still they try it.

Upvote 0
I don't think that this update is the worst and adds nothing. This game is from 2009. Not every company supports games that long. Also it fixed things people requested for a long time. You don't know how much work it is to fix some bugs you don't even understand what's causing it.
They fixed bugs and created a new map and that for free. Also they give you several special events during the year.
For me they are very fair. They owe us nothing and still they fix bugs and add content. They try to listen to the community every time they release new weapon packs. This time they balanced the weapons which people don't consider as overpowered since this happens everytime a weapon pack comes out. Now the people who buy those weapons say these are underpowered. Result is that you can't make it right for everybody. But still they try it.

I disagree wholeheartedly. There are several F2P MMO's with Halloweeen events that are wholly uninspired. But it's somewhat intimidating when the amount of content they implemented there is still greater than... Whatever this is that tripwire gave us.

Upvote 0
See: nothing.

I see your post, and unless you have low self-esteem, that's definitely not nothing (or "it's definitely something" to avoid double-negatives).

For a little while, I was optimistic that if I stared at this update long enough, I'd be happy with it. But its arguably the worst update KF has ever gotten.
That's fine, opinions are cool.

It really didn't... add...anything...
Let's count.

3 new DLCS including 4 new weapons, a new map with both objective and normal gameplay modes, new trader menu features, and bugfixes. Again, those fall into the definition of "anything".

A new character, completely uninspired, modeled in three minutes, with voice lines that...No one really cares about? Honestly, I haven't even heard them. I've played with the character three times, but as far as I can tell, he might as well be a regular character.

I looove these criticisms. Ok, if it's that easy to make a character, go ahead, make and model a character for Killing Floor in three minutes. Please, go on, I'm begging you.

A pack of guns that are useless beyond recognition.

I'm sure you played long enough to see that, considering your comment below.

One map with boring objectives and little replayability.

It has just as much replayability as other KF maps since they all have the same goal in normal mode, and Objective Mode, as hard as it is, adds more replayability, so...???????

Honestly, I played the event for one day and went: 'Welp, I'm already done with this. Back to games with content.'

The event just didn't...have...anything.
Map. 4 new weapons. new DLC character. new achievements. I don't kno where you're getting this "nothing was gotten from the update" mentality, even with exaggerations.

THere's no reason to want the new achievements... there's no reason to care to play or help other people get them, because arguably the old achievements are still there and just as easy, if not easier to achieve with the addition of some of the super-easy new ones.

The same could be said about any achievements added after initial release.

All-in-all, almost as impressive The last half a dozen updates Infestation's given it's userbase. A whole bunch of stuff that already should have been in the game, and one token thing that's kind of cool.
Because you know more about games than TWI. This is where your "opinion"
(it's very hard to keep calling it that) falls apart, just like all the other opinions that are posted which look like they may be intelligible, but are really just the usual whining from people who like to pretend they know more than they already do.

Hey, it's cool, having opinions are fine, and if you don't like the game, that's cool too, more enjoyment for the rest of us, but smart people don't run into restaurants and shout about how they hate it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0