• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let's look at the good things TWI gave us with this update.

DLC weapons/character: Don't care. Not mad, but not excited.
Trader menu update: Seems neat, haven't tested it yet. Are favorites global? Could I go into testmap on solo and set my favorites, then go into a multiplayer match and they still work?
More drops from dead players: Wait, for real? What do they drop now?
Some bugfixes: Can't comment on that 'til I've seen the list of them.
Wave counter in server info: Oh lawd be praised! I cannot emphasize how helpful that is.
Weapons with unique abilities: Neato. Improving/diversifying strategy is always a plus.

Is KF2 just a rumor, or is it something that we think will really happen? Would it be UE3, or wait until UE4?

Upvote 0
Killing Floor would be the food; the restaurant are the forums where folks come here and *****, *****, *****.

Not that difficult to understand, yeesh.
Then the entire analogy was conceived incorrectly.
No those things do not equate. Killing Floor is both a product and a service as it stands currently, that means it's the food and the restaurant.
The forums are still forums in both examples, where players/diners go to ***** about their experience.

Upvote 0
Then the entire analogy was conceived incorrectly.
No those things do not equate. Killing Floor is both a product and a service as it stands currently, that means it's the food and the restaurant.
The forums are still forums in both examples, where players/diners go to ***** about their experience.

The place of business isn't the 'service'. The way folks SERVE you is the 'service'.

If I work at Wal-Mart, the way I treat you is part of the customer service, not the building itself.

Upvote 0
I am enjoying the update. I made a comment the other day that it felt like we've been in Beta for 4 years and this is the final release. :p

Jokes aside though, it makes me happy to see the game getting love. I enjoy the trader menu, the hitbox being fixed, the duals aim being fixed and the duals selling being fixed. KFO and the new KFO map are welcome additions, the new guns are derpy fun and the new map is fun and has a much more stable framerate. Overall I am satisfied. There are problems still sure, but regardless I am content.

I also love the new problem since the Scrakes have been fixed. They more often than before slide really fast at you while stunned. It is buggy sure, but a fantastically scary bug. I see it happen like 2-3 times a game. Love it.

Upvote 0
The server browser seems to have a problem, when the server finds new servers, the lowest ping servers seems to scroll down and therefore random higher ping servers go on top of the list which is annoying, does anybody else have this issue?

And also the flamethrower bug is still present where sometimes when you use it, it just automatically fires, this problem seems to be more common if a server lagging or a high ping.

Upvote 0
Tell it to me, Marco or anybody who runs/plays on custom servers.

Hell, tell it to anybody who has a large mod to update. I know how much of a nightmare it can be, considering how poor TWI's coding practice really is sometimes.

Example: KF's perks are coded in such a way that every time a new weapon is added, the perk class has to be edited in order for the weapon to receive bonuses. This has been the source of many headaches, and if it weren't for Scrn Balance's ability to configure perk bonuses for custom weapons, I wouldn't even bother making any custom weapons at all.

Upvote 0
Hell, tell it to anybody who has a large mod to update. I know how much of a nightmare it can be, considering how poor TWI's coding practice really is sometimes.

Example: KF's perks are coded in such a way that every time a new weapon is added, the perk class has to be edited in order for the weapon to receive bonuses. This has been the source of many headaches, and if it weren't for Scrn Balance's ability to configure perk bonuses for custom weapons, I wouldn't even bother making any custom weapons at all.

I haven't even checked the aliens mod... too afraid of what I might find. I think it crashed and burned with this last update hehe. I know for certain the perks are destroyed. Seeing they also fiddled with KFMonster stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if the entire thing exploded on startup lol.

Upvote 0
Yes...which doesn't mean the forums aren't the service. You're agreeing with me here....

Which means what he said wasn't THAT difficult to understand, after all.
What? I never said the forums were the service. I said KF is the service, we got an update in the form of more KF, therefore service & food at once. Forum is forum.
What he said was confusing because it was attributing in a silly manner.

On to topic of the thread, I must say I am having quite the blast with this event, after forgetting the small bitterness I had with DLC prices.
The thing that's coming to upset me most about the update is the things that they have fixed, thankfully, are still bugged in slightly differing ways. Can't pickup dropped duals properly. People having issues with fav system of new trader, and removal of all weps filter. And of course this...

They more often than before slide really fast at you while stunned.
So it's not just me. Hilarious and frightening, but god-damn it, a new animation-sync bug for the sc already! I can help but be a bit peeved.

Upvote 0

Weapons should just have a property named 'weapontype' or a few called 'bisCommando', 'bisBerserker', etc. Then perks just check whether or not the weapon has this, and BING. No more pain in people's necks.

In fact, I may just add this to my mutator...

Upvote 0
Weapons should just have a property named 'weapontype' or a few called 'bisCommando', 'bisBerserker', etc. Then perks just check whether or not the weapon has this, and BING. No more pain in people's necks.

In fact, I may just add this to my mutator...

This is actually something I am trying for my new weapon system. We'll see how it goes.

Upvote 0