• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lets all promote Red Orchestra!

By starting to use Xfire so it comes into the TOP10
www.xfire.com

These are the current stats:

Wow, oblivion! And it's singleplayer huh? :p

wow.gif
World of Warcraft 4,600,054
css.gif
Counter-Strike Source 4,503,632
cod2mp.gif
Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer 2,420,467
cs.gif
Counter-Strike 1.6 1,918,574
bf2.gif
Battlefield 2 1,455,322
oblivion.gif
Oblivion 849,992
gw.gif
Guild Wars 747,102
wet.gif
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 696,189
codmp.gif
Call of Duty Multiplayer 468,266
w3ft.gif
Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne 465,913

Last edited:
Its way to specific to attract more people.

The average Player looks for fast, easy action. Just point your gun in the right direction, hit spastically your mousebutton and fragg some guy. Thats the secret of such succesful games like *spits* Counter Strike.

CoD:UO is atm my all-time-favorite, just because its not too arcadish and not too realistic. Its a nice compromis betwen both worlds, and I love it. Even more with Mods.

CoD wasn't that good (no Vehicles, only americans and germans were well balanced, Noob-PPSH) and CoD 2 is just awful, because most of the real useful features were removed to have it "X-Box 360 compatible". Heck with it: I don't wanna play a damn ported Game for a Console with some cripplepad to play !)

RO:O is good for realism-fans (I love it, but some things I really would see changed, but thats another story). Its really good and I can't wait for a similar Mod / Game for the Westfront.

Upvote 0
Captain Data said:
Its way to specific to attract more people.

The average Player looks for fast, easy action. Just point your gun in the right direction, hit spastically your mousebutton and fragg some guy. Thats the secret of such succesful games like *spits* Counter Strike.

CoD:UO is atm my all-time-favorite, just because its not too arcadish and not too realistic. Its a nice compromis betwen both worlds, and I love it. Even more with Mods.

CoD wasn't that good (no Vehicles, only americans and germans were well balanced, Noob-PPSH) and CoD 2 is just awful, because most of the real useful features were removed to have it "X-Box 360 compatible". Heck with it: I don't wanna play a damn ported Game for a Console with some cripplepad to play !)

RO:O is good for realism-fans (I love it, but some things I really would see changed, but thats another story). Its really good and I can't wait for a similar Mod / Game for the Westfront.

Oblivion dosent fit into your theory, becouse it's also for specific groups, it takes a heckofa time to play Oblivion, and it's only singleplayer also! :D

Upvote 0
Captain Data said:
Too bad old CoD lost lots of players to CoD 2. I think, CoD UO was way better (even more with GFM, but thats another story), because there was no pumpgun. There was a sprint-function, you could choose firemode, Vehicles etc ... good ol' CoD UO. CoD 2 is just noobish arcade.

I couldn't agree with you more. We had a GFM server for UO which was quite popular. GFM had some bugs, and the tanks in UO were dicey to say the least, but the gameplay and maps were much better CoD2 ever thought about being. In my mind CoD2 was a huge step backwards. RO, while not as graphically intense as CoD2, is much better in every other aspect.

Upvote 0
if RO gets in the top20 i'd be happy.

All those games in the top 10 had huge marketing campaigns behind them, or in the case of CSS, have a long historical following (not to mention it comes with the massively successful HL2)...RO will struggle to compete against such marketing giants.

I cant believe people like CoD2 MPtho, its such a bag of balls, UO was definately the best out from that series.

And they should ban WoW for sucking the life from the games industry, its been proven that game is causing other studios to shut down, because their player bases have evaporated into WoWland...this will affect all gamers and the type of games we see in the future, so its worrying.

Upvote 0
I think CoD 2 is awsome, i have all 3, and yes its untactical but do you really play it to be tactical or to have fun and try and get best score , now that RO is out you can quench your tactical thirst with that or when you feel the need to get in and start killing you can go have a great time cod2, so i think with these to games you have the best of both worlds.

And for the WoW thing, how can you blame a game for being succesful?

Upvote 0
I think the numbers in the first post are minutes played not number of people playing.

That said, I prefer a smaller community where you know the people you play than the massive COD2 community with little involvement etc.

I left COD:UO when COD2 came out, but went ot DOD:S shortly after since COD2 was just so... COD2ish. Anyway, I am really happy with RO. I am trying to build my clans interest in the game. we only have a handful of people. hopefully we can become competitive in the near future. This game will only grow by word of mouth. The xfire gimmick can help. I will do my part. Hopefully xfire will help by letting my friends see that I am playing it and entice them. Let my clan mates know when we are playing to promote gameplay etc.... As long as this game grows organically like that, we should see improvement while maintaining a close community.

Upvote 0