• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let us reset perk level after prestige 5

Intrspace

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2022
Hi :)

I would like to suggest the ability to reset our perk level back to zero after Prestige 5 was reached. Normally you are stuck at perk level 25 when you reach Prestige 5.
Most of the time I play offline solo HoE and I find it fun to reset my perk level to 0 and make the game more challenging that way. Losing this ability at Prestige 5 is disappointing.

If this feature got added, resetting the perk level could grant a small amount of Vault Dosh as an incentive.
I asked on Reddit and got positive reception.
Thank you

Reactions: N6 Nomad
Ditto; there's absolutely no point to prestiging in the first place and I keep it at Lv. 25 because grinding is a pain.

Plus CD servers don't like it when non-level 25s come in.
Oh, it's not even for that reason honestly. It's just that I'm not hardcore-playing my way through the ranks. I play at my own pace, without caring all that much about my level since I'm mostly a solo player. I'm not scouting for double XP week/weekend nor did I ever play a "level-your-perks" type of map. If I hit max level, sure, I'll prestige... But only to keep playing, to keep progressing through the game (even if it doesn't change all that much except for a free skin)
And that's the sole reason why I'm shocked people are lamenting for MORE prestige levels. None of my perks are above prestige 2 after almost 600 hours (and I play all of them almost evenly)... How did you guys manage to max out EVERY perk? How many hours have you sunk into the game? Maybe try something else for once ☠️

Upvote 0
Oh, it's not even for that reason honestly. It's just that I'm not hardcore-playing my way through the ranks. I play at my own pace, without caring all that much about my level since I'm mostly a solo player. I'm not scouting for double XP week/weekend nor did I ever play a "level-your-perks" type of map. If I hit max level, sure, I'll prestige... But only to keep playing, to keep progressing through the game (even if it doesn't change all that much except for a free skin)
And that's the sole reason why I'm shocked people are lamenting for MORE prestige levels. None of my perks are above prestige 2 after almost 600 hours (and I play all of them almost evenly)... How did you guys manage to max out EVERY perk? How many hours have you sunk into the game? Maybe try something else for once ☠️
Uhhhhhhh.... yeah, about hours....Screenshot_2022-11-22-12-30-27-92_a5f05134355d0c28d0e7113add1d3465.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0
Uhhhhhhh.... yeah, about hours....View attachment 2337101
Sheesh, that's indeed an impressive amount in "just" seven years ! That's a whopping 260 DAYS spent playing :p Even on my most played game (Team Fortress 2), I have one third of that.

But then again, while I understand why you'd wish for more reasons to come back... You can't really blame a game that you played for so long to lack new challenges for you. Hell, there's quite a few games that you can complete in merely a couple hours 🙃

Upvote 0
I have 73 hours and haven’t reach prestige 5 yet. But I’m close to it and I’m not gonna reset this perk, because I know it would be the last time. Keep leveling was a good motivation to keep me playing. In other words: I like the progress, I like the grind, I like the challenge to start at the beginning again. That is not what everyone like, but I can’t see why there is no option for anyone else who want this

Upvote 0
Sheesh, that's indeed an impressive amount in "just" seven years ! That's a whopping 260 DAYS spent playing :p Even on my most played game (Team Fortress 2), I have one third of that.

But then again, while I understand why you'd wish for more reasons to come back... You can't really blame a game that you played for so long to lack new challenges for you. Hell, there's quite a few games that you can complete in merely a couple hours 🙃
Hence why i advocate solo queue long suicidal, the random skill level of players is what brings challenge :kekw:

Upvote 0