• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Let Tank Commanders kick out crewmen

Mormegil

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Nargothrond
I like team tanking, but it's a gamble you'll have a decent crewman.

It would be nice if the Tank Commander, say after one death, can kick out a crewman who doesn't listen/drives in circles, etc. It would be like role voting, but with only one vote needed.

Maybe a mutator?

I like team tanking, but it's a gamble you'll have a decent crewman.

It would be nice if the Tank Commander, say after one death, can kick out a crewman who doesn't listen/drives in circles, etc. It would be like role voting, but with only one vote needed.

Maybe a mutator?
Thats why there is option to allow tank crewmen or not.I personally never allow anyone in my tank.Even if i know him/her.

Upvote 0
Maybe, allow people with more experience to be tank commanders?
I mean, you can't win a game if new guys get commander roles on your team all the time, just some limits - some kind of a way to ensure the experienced people get there. The Honour system is an excelent way to do it! (Only if the server is like 64 players, and you don't want new people taking the important roles, but rather acting as support as riflemen).

Upvote 0
Maybe, allow people with more experience to be tank commanders?
I mean, you can't win a game if new guys get commander roles on your team all the time, just some limits - some kind of a way to ensure the experienced people get there. The Honour system is an excelent way to do it! (Only if the server is like 64 players, and you don't want new people taking the important roles, but rather acting as support as riflemen).

I'd say that's a whole 'nother suggestion. Ensuring you have an experienced Tank Commander won't help if the inexperienced tank crewman is driving in circles trying to run over enemies or not using the main gun (while you're driving).

Upvote 0
I used to love Team Tanking but these days I don't allow anyone to join the tank if I enter as commander, it's not worth the stress.

When TWI made the new tanking system I thought much of the point was that a fully crewed (with AI) tank wouldn't need more than one player anyway. With the possibility to control the driving from Cmdr position there is no need for the quick jumping between positions like in RO1. This is the one positive thing with tanking in RO2, actually makes 'shoot and scoot' possible without Team Tanking.

Upvote 0
I used to love Team Tanking but these days I don't allow anyone to join the tank if I enter as commander, it's not worth the stress.

When TWI made the new tanking system I thought much of the point was that a fully crewed (with AI) tank wouldn't need more than one player anyway. With the possibility to control the driving from Cmdr position there is no need for the quick jumping between positions like in RO1. This is the one positive thing with tanking in RO2, actually makes 'shoot and scoot' possible without Team Tanking.

It's good. Although tanks still get stuck in some places like in gullies made by artillery shots or simply lower terrain from which tanks often can get stuck.

Especially maps like RedOctoberFactory which is darker and it's harder to see things.

Perhaps something to be fixed in the future (doesn't happen if you're careful).

Upvote 0