• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Legality of Sound

gunslingor

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2011
So, I need to put some sounds in my map. I'm not making any money off this thing so I would think I should be allowed to use music from a band right? Or is that a nono? I got various techno songs I want to add to the map, assuming there is a way to set it as music so the user can turn it off if they don't like it.

Hey, better yet, is there a way to program such that the game grabs a stream of music off line?

So, I need to put some sounds in my map. I'm not making any money off this thing so I would think I should be allowed to use music from a band right? Or is that a nono? I got various techno songs I want to add to the map, assuming there is a way to set it as music so the user can turn it off if they don't like it.

Hey, better yet, is there a way to program such that the game grabs a stream of music off line?
They wont play for everyone on the map. Only for people who have the music files. Ans yes this is a No no without permission most of the time.

Upvote 0