• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Left 4 Dead

l4d-360-backofbox.jpg

The back of the box because we will never have such a close look at it again ...

Upvote 0
Somebody is working on a custom movie/campaign, sounds promising ...

Final Flight is an all new Left 4 Dead movie that features an extensive new storyline with a rather unusual setting and a pretty generous portion of old-school sci-fi/horror trash. After numerous fights against the Infected horde, the Survivors are on their way to the Pluribus Space Center, a huge aerospace facility on the very top of a plateau, somewhere in the state of Colorado. Knowing about an intact space shuttle that was previously used to transfer visitors, employees and other passangers to the Pluribus Orbital Station - an experimental, fully self sustained installation with hundreds of jobholders directly above earth - the Survivors set out for their ultimate challange to get aboard. Unfortunately this isn't the easiest task. The whole facility has been run down by Infected and so the Survivors need to fight their way through the spacious parking area and the Pluribus Space Center itself. Finally they need to reach the very top of the launch pad to get into the space shuttle.

Will the Survivors catch their final flight off this doomed rock? Does anyone of the Survivors know how to operate a space shuttle? And most importantly, why does no one at the Pluribus Orbital Station answer their distress calls?

081021_l4d_final_flight_sl.jpg

Upvote 0
Nah not really, having played it multiple times already i have to say they work just fine. You know the problem with the older ones was that most testers often couldnt identify whether they're zombies or teammates because they looked so worn out. Now looking at the comparisons I have to say that's quite true. I'm not saying the new 'cleaner' ones are better but they did have a point there.

Upvote 0
Notice how it is his Left hand, and he has 4 fingers and he happens to be DEAD....

I believe the old design was a right hand with 5 fingers.
Yeah that's exactly why they designed it that way -> The cover basically shows the game's name. Funny thing is that appearantly in the german version they have to change it and now have a hand with 5 fingers because the wretched off thumb probably was too brutal for USK >_>

Upvote 0
I have to admit, I'm kinda getting hyped. I'm even willing to look past the fast movement if the game won't involve lame tactics. Tempted to pre-order it now that it's a bit cheaper.... but I think I'll wait for the non-biased reviews.

Same here. I had alot of speculations about L4D, but now it has definitely started to grow on me. First I thought it's just going to be another linear corridor shooter with fast zombies, but then the thought of playing with friends in co-op made me look past.

Upvote 0