• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Left 4 Dead

Box art
800x600_prop.jpg

Upvote 0
I really haven't been following this game, but after watching the gameplay videos, all I can say is that it looks good, but I think the devs are making some bad decisions with it. First of all, I am very concerned with the seemingly infinite amount of ammo they seemed to have in those vids. That's really what bothered me the most, but I also think the movement speed looks WAY too fast, and it always pisses me off nowadays when a dev goes and makes an FPS and doesn't bother to add iron sights. Considering what they're already doing, would it really be that much more work to throw in a couple of iron sight models?

Upvote 0
I really haven't been following this game, but after watching the gameplay videos, all I can say is that it looks good, but I think the devs are making some bad decisions with it. First of all, I am very concerned with the seemingly infinite amount of ammo they seemed to have in those vids. That's really what bothered me the most, but I also think the movement speed looks WAY too fast, and it always pisses me off nowadays when a dev goes and makes an FPS and doesn't bother to add iron sights. Considering what they're already doing, would it really be that much more work to throw in a couple of iron sight models?
Well there's no unlimited ammo, I think there is rather few ammo actually but there are safe-spots where you are save for a few minutes/seconds and can grap some ammo & health. And Ironsights lol I really can't see how IS would fit in this (rather fast-paced) game. Maybe in a slow survival horror fps but this is more of a zombie-action coop fps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CoD2 is like a ww2 version of Quake in it's MP and still the iron-sights work like a charm. You just don't need them all the time, but they still come in handy because of the greater accuracy, the better managable recoil (because it's not so random as it is with just crosshairs) and of course the zoom.:D
Can't see why it should not work in a fast paced game as long as they aren't as slow as those in RnL. Even then, the worst that could happen is that they are not being used by anyone. No harm done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
but you have to agree that the combo "no crosshair + ironsights + zombies + realistic damage model" would be sweet, and it havent been done before
Yes it sure would be cool, but that's not what we're discussin here ;) And I dunno but I prefer my horror games from 3rd person(RE-like).

@Character models: the black one looks like bruce darnell

Upvote 0