• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Left 4 Dead

Checked some stuff last night, reseting bios and updating drivers but with no luck also did memtest for 13hours while i was away with no errors, so woo my Rams fine still doesnt explain the problem though. Trying just downloading a completely fresh install of L4D while im at work (seriously i get 800kbs in the morning but in the evening/afternoon it drops to about 20-50kbs) rather than using my back up. If that doesnt work gonna test my hard drive.

@ Odin

Doesnt suprise me, play took about 2 weeks for my fallout pre order to arrive and thats without any international shipping difficulties etc, though its probably around the same distance ~400-500miles

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is the first time I've had to wait more than the 3/5 working day delivery given by Play.com.

On the French/German border here.

I ended up downloading from Steam anyway, cost a bit more but the game is the best I've played for a long time, so I don't kufcing care.

I'm having trouble beating the No Mercy campaign without getting killed, (off-line).

Upvote 0
l4d_vs_hospital05_rooftop0000.jpg

Muhahahaha :D crap screenshot but muhahahaha anyway

Didnt even notice the achievment when I took that:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Actually that reminds me of Res 3's merc mode, that had you run from one end of the city map to the other, scoring points and time for killing zombies, was alot of fun though very hard, could only ever complete it with the guy who had the shotgun and rocket launcher (for use on nemisis whenever he popped up) as the others had crappy weapons or not enough ammo.

Could make quite a cool L4D map, may have to try and mess about with the editor this chirstmas hehe.

Upvote 0
Yeah it's a good game and all but the people playing it, at least here, are of the hardcore retarded variety. There aren't that many good servers in Australia, at least not late at night, so it's a ***** when you join the only populated server to find it full of either;

a) clan buddies or friends who insta-kickban you the moment you join
b) rampant tkers or people griefing in various ways
c) people with out a clue
d) some frightening amalgamation of all of the above

I've even been kicked from servers just for trying to get people to work together and stop running off and getting owned individually on expert mode.

Also, the whole consolified game connection system is complete garbage, all praise the "openserverbrowser" console command, sheesh isn't it band enough I have to deal with this basic **** when trying to play Xbox online, don't need it on PC as well. It's also a real pain in the arse that I can't enable multithreading in the game or else I get that damned random lock up glitch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah it's a good game and all but the people playing it, at least here, are of the hardcore retarded variety. There aren't that many good servers in Australia, at least not late at night, so it's a ***** when you join the only populated server to find it full of either;

a) clan buddies or friends who insta-kickban you the moment you join
b) rampant tkers or people griefing in various ways
c) people with out a clue
d) some frightening amalgamation of all of the above

I've even been kicked from servers just for trying to get people to work together and stop running off and getting owned individually on expert mode.

Also, the whole consolified game connection system is complete garbage, all praise the "openserverbrowser" console command, sheesh isn't it band enough I have to deal with this basic **** when trying to play Xbox online, don't need it on PC as well. It's also a real pain in the arse that I can't enable multithreading in the game or else I get that damned random lock up glitch.

Solution: get 3 friends :)

Upvote 0