• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leading your target?

Mormegil

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Nargothrond
Does anyone know for sure if target lead (assuming he's going straight) is dependent on ping or just flight time for the bullet?

I tend to play on US servers, so my ping is pretty low, but I may have to play on European servers soon. Will I need to lead my target more in this case?

I don't believe the original ut2k4 had any good calculating done for worldwide gaming (hence the creation of the ping mutator for ut2k4). Atleast at 140 ping you have to lead your target alot more in the mod. But then again i afcourse don't know what was changed in the mod. I personally find it nicely playable up to 120 ping, after that your reflexes just make you miss :p.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure its both actually. You need to lead a moving target since guns in RO are realistic and the bullets have travel time, just as you would have to in real life. Also, in high ping situations, you may have to lead the target even more to account for the time delay between you clicking and the server receiving that click; a ping of 300 is about a third of a second delay. However you tend to acclimate yourself to this delay if your ping is pretty constant within a few minutes.

Upvote 0
BobdogG5 said:
I'm pretty sure its both actually. You need to lead a moving target since guns in RO are realistic and the bullets have travel time, just as you would have to in real life. Also, in high ping situations, you may have to lead the target even more to account for the time delay between you clicking and the server receiving that click; a ping of 300 is about a third of a second delay. However you tend to acclimate yourself to this delay if your ping is pretty constant within a few minutes.

Yes it is both, but the speed of the bullets is so fast, that the lag will be of waay more importance. Longest distance on moschowhighway you can just hit on the person when hes running and you kill him.

Upvote 0