• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leaders running slightly faster.

I want to see commanders and squad leaders run slightly faster, say 10 to 20 percent more than regular troops, for when they're leading them in combat.

Not saying they should be track runners, but when you're leading men in combat, and want to leader from the front, then you should actually be in the front.

this suggestion makes no sense.

Upvote 0
do you mean all the time or when they hold shift?
I dont really like this anyway, I think we will see lots of leader run off
by them selves. and they dont need anymore benefits.

better than leaders doing a brilliant smoking of the enemy's entrance to an objective like the seigssaule in konigs :rolleyes:

to misquote a ficticious tank commander in the netherlands - if I can't see the ****ers I can't bloody well shoot them now can I? :mad:

Upvote 0
I want to see commanders and squad leaders run slightly faster, say 10 to 20 percent more than regular troops, for when they're leading them in combat.

Not a good idea.

Not saying they should be track runners, but when you're leading men in combat, and want to leader from the front, then you should actually be in the front.

Actually, platoon leader should allways lead a bit from behind, since his aim is not to get killed first as it can and many times does lead to the failing of the attack. And same goes for the squad leaders, since allthough they lead by example, the example should not be to run on point and get killed. And allthough we won

Upvote 0
If this where the case, over 200 meters, running side-by-side with his comrades, the squad leader would be in excess of a good few meters, increase the distance further and the squad leader will be even more in advanced. I think it would be better off with everyone having the same sprint speed, thus people can run together and arrive together.

Sturm

Upvote 0
Who in their right mind would want to run faster than their teammates anyway? I would want to look as inconspicuous as possible, since people are always going to target the standouts first (ie. MGs, snipers, or guys that are running faster than everyone else:p)

If I see an attack coming my way, and one guy is pulling ahead of the rest of the group, I'm gonna say, "Hmm, that one looks good" (go to IS)...BANG!!!

Upvote 0
How so? In my experience about the FDF I must say on the contrary really. Also in there they allways taught that the leader's job is to lead the combat to the succes, not run faster than anyone else on the point an get killed. :p

I meant that it was like this:

Squad leader: "ffs guys run faster"
Grunt #1: "I can't D:!"

Upvote 0