Leaders running slightly faster.

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Nicholas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
I want to see commanders and squad leaders run slightly faster, say 10 to 20 percent more than regular troops, for when they're leading them in combat.

Not saying they should be track runners, but when you're leading men in combat, and want to leader from the front, then you should actually be in the front.

jalex3

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 21, 2009
Australia
do you mean all the time or when they hold shift?
I dont really like this anyway, I think we will see lots of leader run off
by them selves. and they dont need anymore benefits.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2009
I want to see commanders and squad leaders run slightly faster, say 10 to 20 percent more than regular troops, for when they're leading them in combat.

Not saying they should be track runners, but when you're leading men in combat, and want to leader from the front, then you should actually be in the front.

this suggestion makes no sense.

Bluehawk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 13, 2006
Hamilton, ON
Lao Tzu said:
To lead people, walk beside them...
As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence.
The next best, the people honor and praise.
The next, the people fear;
And the next, the people hate...
When the best leader's work is done the people say,
'We did it ourselves!'

Frostedfire

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2010
oz
do you mean all the time or when they hold shift?
I dont really like this anyway, I think we will see lots of leader run off
by them selves. and they dont need anymore benefits.

better than leaders doing a brilliant smoking of the enemy's entrance to an objective like the seigssaule in konigs :rolleyes:

to misquote a ficticious tank commander in the netherlands - if I can't see the ****ers I can't bloody well shoot them now can I? :mad:

RedGuardist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2006

Not a good idea.

Actually, platoon leader should allways lead a bit from behind, since his aim is not to get killed first as it can and many times does lead to the failing of the attack. And same goes for the squad leaders, since allthough they lead by example, the example should not be to run on point and get killed. And allthough we won

sturmfuhrer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2010
If this where the case, over 200 meters, running side-by-side with his comrades, the squad leader would be in excess of a good few meters, increase the distance further and the squad leader will be even more in advanced. I think it would be better off with everyone having the same sprint speed, thus people can run together and arrive together.

Sturm

<animal>INSTINCT

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 20, 2007
Running into a mushroom cloud
Who in their right mind would want to run faster than their teammates anyway? I would want to look as inconspicuous as possible, since people are always going to target the standouts first (ie. MGs, snipers, or guys that are running faster than everyone else:p)

If I see an attack coming my way, and one guy is pulling ahead of the rest of the group, I'm gonna say, "Hmm, that one looks good" (go to IS)...BANG!!!

RedGuardist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2006
Actually this is pretty realistic, at least in the FDF :p

How so? In my experience about the FDF I must say on the contrary really. Also in there they allways taught that the leader's job is to lead the combat to the succes, not run faster than anyone else on the point an get killed. :p

Last edited:

Unus Offa Unus Nex

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 21, 2010
One class running faster than the rest? That wouldn't be very realistic now would it? Unless ofcourse you are of the opinion that a squad leader was chosen based purely on his sprinting speed and not his leadership skills :p