• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Leaderboard bugs and suggestions

Quest v1.3.44 (but applicable to all formats)

Bugs

-Hostage Rescue 02 has a target expenditure of $2,500 but you have to KO at least 5 guards to release the hostages (at $650 per guard) so it's impossible to beat the target (and therefore that leaderboard is broken as everyone is listed as having $2,500 expenditure).

-Hold Up 05 has an unattainable target combo of 2,500 but in this case the leaderboard does show actual scores rather than everyone having 2,500. However, the scores shown aren't the top ones (I got a combined score of 4,882 when setting the record time):
Scores.jpg

-There seem to be small rounding errors in expenditure. E.g. in the below image I have a time of 40.67 but my expenditure (which is purely agent salary) is $990.34. It should be $1461 x 40.67/60 i.e. $990.31.
Rounding.jpg

-On one occasion when I was second on a leaderboard, the board displayed my score and the nine immediately worse than mine, but not the first place score. (If your score is in the top ten you should see the top ten).

-Speaking of which, the Top Ten button doesn't seem to work (presumably it should let you switch between your own score and the top ten).

-If you get a score outside the top ten, the leaderboard displays the ten scores immediately better than yours (but not your own) whereas it should display the nine scores better than yours AND your own.

Suggestions
-It would be cool to have overall leaderboards which would display your total expenditure/time/combo across all challenges, and also for each type of challenge (e.g. total Hostage Rescue expenditure/time/combo).

-Geographical and friends filters on the leaderboards would add interest for players who can't reach the top of the global boards but could still enjoy the challenge of trying to be best out of their friends or in their country (or continent). It's more fun to know you've moved from 2nd to 1st place in, say, Azerbaijan than to move from 417th to 416th globally.

-On a related note, adding a country flag (deduced from IP or set by the player) next to each name on the boards could add some friendly inter-country rivalry to the game. A custom flag for the devs would also give players the satisfaction of knowing when they've beaten a dev.

-It would be useful to display your current positions on the leaderboards for each challenge at the Deploy screen to save you having to load each challenge to see if someone's beaten your score, and at the Begin screen (see mockups below). Alternatively/additionally, you could add a leaderboards button to the main menu which would display the overall leaderboards with Next and Prev buttons so you could cycle from the overall boards to each challenge's boards without having to load them.

Deploy.jpg

Begin.jpg

Last edited:
WRT the bug I mentioned above where you're second on the leaderboard but first place isn't displayed, this happened again on Elimination 01 & 02: I was 2nd on the leaderboard for time and combined score, then beat the player in first's time and score but instead of the board now showing me in first and the other guy second, it showed me second and him third (and nobody in first place).

On Elimination 01 I then beat my own "second place" time and score and the board now showed me in first place and the guy who was originally first in second place (as it should have). I haven't yet managed to beat my "second place" time and score on Elimination 02 so those boards still don't display a first place.

EDIT: I did ultimately beat my "second place" score on Elimination 02 but the board still showed that new score in second place with nobody in first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0