• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I've used to edit maps in the SDK editor for the first RO a long time ago. I've recently installed it again and get this launch error:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3196 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (1140)

General protection fault!

History: FD3DDynamicVertexStream::AddVertices <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetDynamicStream <- FLineBatcher::Flush <- UUnrealEdEngine::Draw3DAxis <- UUnrealEdEngine::DrawAxisIndicator <- UUnrealEdEngine::Draw <- (Cam=U2Viewport2,Flags=871270089 <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- WViewportFrame::OnSize <- WViewportFrame::SetViewport <- WLevelFrame::OpenFrameViewport <- WLevelFrame::OpenWindow <- WEditorFrame::OpenLevelView <- FALVoiceModule::NoteDestroy <- UALAudioSubsystem::NoteDetroy <- ULevel::DestroyActor <- (Camera myLevel.Camera0) <- UPlayer::Destroy <- UViewport::Destroy <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient0.TerrainHeightmap) <- UWindowsViewport::Destroy <- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient0.TerrainHeightmap) <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- UEditorEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

P.S. I installed the SDK on a new PC.

Thanks

Thanks for the help but since when did all of this change? Having to run the editor in another folder and not being able to run steam along with it?

This all happened after the Tripwire linux update some months ago and steam implemented the CMD update tool for the servers, it could be a steam problem or TWI but until Tripwire get involved with steam to sort it the editor is dead in steam.
It also had the effect of killing off a lot of servers to so they made the game available for people who run linux but they got no servers to play on now anyway so as far as I can see it was a Big Big mistake!

There are loads of posts about this problem all over the place but nothings being done about it!!!

Well I have said my bit, if you have any problems post here and I will help as much as I can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would be nice to have the editor working again. There are DH servers popping up like crazy. My group has two servers up and also thinking about a RO server since we have had requests.
There is still a lot of interest in these games guys. Last Saturday we had a full server most of the day.

Upvote 0
It would be nice to have the editor working again. There are DH servers popping up like crazy. My group has two servers up and also thinking about a RO server since we have had requests.
There is still a lot of interest in these games guys. Last Saturday we had a full server most of the day.

Yes, Please Please! sort this out for us TW there has been a lot of renewed interest in RO1 and the mods for it, with new servers showing up it has to be worthwile for everyone. :):):)

Upvote 0