• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Laptop suggestions

Floyd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
Let me start by saying, "I am not a laptop guy". I don't really like them. I like my large ergonomic natural keyboard.

But alas...I'm tired of writing the required record keeping of the day's events in a journal and then transferring them to my desktop computer when I get home. I'm usually tired after a long 14 hour day and I"ll often go weeks without entering the records in. That leads to errors, ommissions and hair pulling.

I'm looking for a reliable, sturdy, lightweight, functional laptop that will ride well on the seat of a dusty pickup truck. Wifi capabilities would be nice. About the most demanding program that would be installed would be Excel or Word. Gameplay is not a consideration. I'm thinking that something around the $500 mark would suffice.

Any suggestions?

Olivier

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 19, 2010

Spoiler!

Last edited:

fiftyone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006
Keyboard layout is important.

I like Asus, I say that because I'm going to need a laptop later in the year, so I've been keeping an eye on the market.

Intel/Nvidia for me.

Blockbot

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2011
I know a computer that is about 10k norwegians. think its 1.5k americans, it is suppose to be water cooled. and therfore its 100 sealed from the outer world...

I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited:

Floyd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
Thanks, Olivier, but I don't need anything quite that rugged. ;)

Something with perhaps a spillproof keyboard and an aluminum body with a shock protected HD would suffice, I'm sure. And it doesn't really have to be robust, per se. Its not going to be running anything really taxing.

Last edited: