• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Lag despite low ping and excellent connection.

As the title says, I'm getting fairly inexplicable lag for no apparent reason. This has been happening since around the start of the Halloween event, but issue has not been resolved since the end of the event. Issues:

* Up to 2 second delays between firing and hitting
* Taking damage before zeds are in range/showing their attack animation (especially husks)
* Zeds rapidly micro-teleport towards me during slo-mo
* Taking up to a minute to load the menus and render zeds/players/weapons when spectating immediately after joining a server

This confuses me, as I have ~40 ping average.
Up until recently, I had a crappy wireless modem, quite far away from the computer, and I thought this was the cause of the issue. But I now have a brand-new (and expensive) wireless modem, quite close to the computer, along with a new net plan, and the issue continues. Connecting computer to modem via cable does not affect the issue.

I also get random spikes to 900+ pings for a fraction of a second, but that's been happening for a long time, and has never caused any lag before.

Anyone know how to fix?

Edit: Ignore, issue seems to have fixed itself...somehow...

Last edited: