• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] L.A. Noire

Well, the only thing it will have in common is the time setting. But seeing that L.A. Noire is supposedly re-creating Los Angeles, we should see authentic locations and cars as compared to the fictional setting of Mafia 2. The character you play as will be a cop investigating a murder (or murders) instead of a gangster who murdered hundreds of people during the course of Mafia 2. And hopefully L.A. Noire will show certain people that the 1930s and 1940s weren't all about clich

Upvote 0
I thought Mafia 2 was pretty decent, it had good driving and interesting and funny characters, but the gameplay was just go here and slaughter 600 people, not very mob hitman like.... Plus the anachronisms, like you know songs from the 60's....

I hope this game actually has some kind of creative gameplay, I'm into crime stuff, but people have to realize it isn't Gears of War, I'd like to see more stealth and detective work involved ETC.
I'd like to see a game that isn't just one big playable cutscene. Like one that has depth and requires actual skill, with actual problem solving. Especially in a game like this. The overall presentation so far looks unbelievable, but I don't own any consoles so will probably never play it anyway.

Upvote 0
What a bloody shame that this will be console only. Here we have a unique and presumably great film noir game and it won't come out on PC. I'd definitely buy it if it did. Same thing goes for Red Dead Redemption. Is Rockstar becoming a console-only developer? :(

What a shame. What a rotten way to release games.

YouTube - Deus Ex - What a shame

Upvote 0
Red Dead Redemption was a disappointment according to my friend who was all hyped about it. Short and without re-playability.

Just playing the main missions alone, no sidequests, exploring, or mp, should take around 20 hours. Maybe he just doesn't like it but it's definitely not a short game with low replayability.

Besides their **** awful PC support, Rockstar is one of the most reliable devs in the industry imo. GTA3/4, Manhunt, RDR, Max Payne, The Warriors...all classics.

If nothing else, this game is pushing some boundaries and for that I applaud it.

Upvote 0
Just playing the main missions alone, no sidequests, exploring, or mp, should take around 20 hours. Maybe he just doesn't like it but it's definitely not a short game with low replayability.

20 hours is not enough for me, didn't ask my friend how long it last for him tho. 60

Upvote 0
I'm looking forward to this game. But I don't trust rockstar.

I don't like any GTA game, and Red Dead Redemption was a disappointment according to my friend who was all hyped about it. Short and without re-playability.

This reads as "My friend and I don't like fun." That's really what your post reads as.

The GTA games, even if you don't like the story or whatever, are phenomenal sandbox titles. You can literally create your own game/story within them.

Red Dead Redemption was an amazing experience. For you to say that $60 isn't worth it for a game that is easily 20+ hours is absurd. That's ONLY if you don't do any side mission and if that's the case, then you'd have to be a fool to complain about the price tag and the gameplay if you're not even willing to go beyond the main plot and experience only about a third of the total game.

Upvote 0
This reads as "My friend and I don't like fun." That's really what your post reads as.

The GTA games, even if you don't like the story or whatever, are phenomenal sandbox titles. You can literally create your own game/story within them.

Red Dead Redemption was an amazing experience. For you to say that $60 isn't worth it for a game that is easily 20+ hours is absurd. That's ONLY if you don't do any side mission and if that's the case, then you'd have to be a fool to complain about the price tag and the gameplay if you're not even willing to go beyond the main plot and experience only about a third of the total game.

All the games I've bought so far for my PS3 has been between 10 and 20

Upvote 0
it is not coming to pc. this is a failure before it even begin. targetting mature audience on console? what were they thinking? but hey that's where the money is. nevermind that the sales will all come from 15 year olds.
Gosh, please keep on trolling and talking out of your ***. On second though, don't.

Upvote 0
RDR is a phenomenal experience. So many times just riding around I just stop and look. It's a constant jaw dropping experience being in the middle of nowwhere and seeing the attention to detail. A truely amazing game and one I just like to wander around at my own relaxed pace. This is definitely not a blitz through the main stroyline type thing. If you do you'll miss so much. Rockstar created a thing of beauty, it's like a fine wine to be savoured and enjoyed rather than skulled like a shot of Tequilla..

Upvote 0
Had to laugh at this one :D:
cad-20110518-8cc03.png

Upvote 0