• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] L.A. Noire

Was that Denethor in the first few seconds?

Certainly looks like John Noble:
1268420713-denethor.jpg

Upvote 0
What the Hell! I mean the overall graphics don't look that good imo, but the facial animations! Never seen something looking that real

Yeah, the characters look great, but the environment looks average. I think it's because of the jaggies and pop-in. If this were on a PC, it would probably look amazing with full anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering.

Upvote 0
Looks great. Would be nice if you could play the entire game in black & white to get the full noir feel.

Since it's a console game, I think most TVs have a setting to decrease saturation all the way down. Then increase the contrast a little and it'll probably look like a black and white. I did that for Mafia with my monitor but for some reason it started to hurt my eyes after fifteen minutes. I don't know why it's different than watching an old movie.

Upvote 0
So it will be kind of like Mafia 2 but good?

Well, the only thing it will have in common is the time setting. But seeing that L.A. Noire is supposedly re-creating Los Angeles, we should see authentic locations and cars as compared to the fictional setting of Mafia 2. The character you play as will be a cop investigating a murder (or murders) instead of a gangster who murdered hundreds of people during the course of Mafia 2. And hopefully L.A. Noire will show certain people that the 1930s and 1940s weren't all about clich

Upvote 0