• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Kurt Cobain is in Guitar Hero 5... are you mad?

KrazyKraut

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Beer capital of the world
Apparently you are supposed to be. At least that's what the internet told me.

Well, I liked some of their songs, have two of their albums. But I don't feel any more offended that this dead man is in a video game than I am about all the other dead men that are in it (2 Beatles and one Hendrix for example, the latters death was also tragic). I am actually more offended by the success this mindless button mashing game has in the first place.

Anyway, he's just a musician who died a tragic death like many others. Imo all the people thinking he's some kind of prophet are morons.

I understood what you meant - pissed off, angry etc.

I just couldnt figure out why anyone would be angry at seeing him in GH. I see now after looking at the link you posted that they have him performing to Flavor Flav and other types of music.. Personally, that doesnt really piss me off, but it seems like poor game design on the part of the GH people.

If Courtney is so upset now about what they've done with Kurts likeness, she should have, at the very least, either read the contract she was signing a little better (have her lawyer go through it) and/or made demands of her own prior to signing that would have kept the game company in line with the image she hopes to protect.

Upvote 0
It strikes me as a little silly (not that I ever really liked Nirvana, or rated Kurt Cobain) to place a music "icon" who was so vehemently against himself being the focus of attention, especially when it came to music - in an awful game franchise - whether you're the developer planning on doing it, or the person signing the contract allowing it...

After buying and playing one Guitar hero type title you got a pretty good idea of how the franchise was going to go. I'd had enough before the constant stream of individual band titles and games starring real life artists.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
rockbandnirvana.jpg

Upvote 0
It's cool to hate console games. It's cool to hate Nirvana.

Calling guitar hero a mindless button mashing game? The whole game is based on the coordination and timing of pressing buttons... the exact opposite of mindless button mashing. It gets alot of kids into music and is a great way for them to get into good older stuff.

And Nirvana, whether you like the music or not, ushered in a new era of music. Theyre popular for a reason.

Upvote 0