• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Korean War Mod

Dr. Pierre Chang

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
The Island
Would anyone else be interested in a Korean war modification? I'm talking South Korean and US/UN forces vs North Korean and Chinese troops. After RS comes out most of the weapons would already be made. I think this is a truly forgotten conflict and it would be great to see done.

Think about it: Mosin vs M1 Garand. PPSH vs Grease Gun. The Dear Leader Kim Jong Il supports this idea. Do you?

If you get permission to use those assets it could be done easily, you'd only need to make the uniforms and maps then, which is not so much of a big deal.

The more the merrier.

If the mod is somewhat small, it could be integrated in RS, like Carpathian Crosses was for RO in order to not split too much the community.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a great idea--I really hope that if implemented, it's to be part of RS though. Not that it doesn't deserve independence--it's just that I'll already be splitting my attention between Heroes, Rising Storm, and In Country as it is. And the World War One mod is really tempting too... Perhaps a few Korea maps for RS are all that's needed.

And I think it would indeed offer a new kind of gameplay. Instead of the streets of Stalingrad or the jungles of RS and In Country, you have the snowy hills of Korea. If weapons are accurate, the PPSh-armed Chinese and North Koreans will dominate close-quarters fighting, while semiautomatic Garands and artillery support will give the Americans and South Koreans the upper hand at range. An interesting reversal of the natural Rising Storm status quo.

And you could throw in every single weapon in HoS and RS--some of the Chinese are bound to still use Nationalist-issued German weapons, and Japanese firearms would be present for both Korean armies as well. This could be darn interesting!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you get permission to use those assets it could be done easily, you'd only need to make the uniforms and maps then, which is not so much of a big deal.

The more the merrier.

If the mod is somewhat small, it could be integrated in RS, like Carpathian Crosses was for RO in order to not split too much the community.

Exactly. I would play a Korean War mod. New maps, uniforms, new tanks, vehicles, and a few new firearms would be needed. But a lot of the content is already there (Mosins, PPSH, most American small arms).

Would be a somewhat interesting mod. But it really wouldn't bring anything new.

I do admit this might be the case. I would like to see an Insurgency type mod for RO2 with asymmetric gameplay more than anything else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wouldn't mind playing that especially if Australia was in it since we have a quite rich military history in Korea, one regiment stopped the advancement of the whole Chinese army and received the U.S Presidential Unit Citation first Australian unit to receive it also received the Korean Presidential Unit Citation. It was the battle of Kapyong if I recall

Upvote 0