• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

• Total voters
I'm still waiting for one of you Nazi-philes (you know who you are!) to explain why you're constantly whining for the King Tiger but never ask for much more historically and numerically important vehicles like the Pz II or Pz 38(t).
We all know the reason- you just want a vehicle that will give you an advantage in-game. .

we have only 1 tank map where these would actually see action, and its not like the ruskies have really early war tanks either. on bondarevo the ruskies have their 76's and kvis tanks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iosif_Stalin_tank check this link here, the ruskies had alot of earlier tanks that were utter peices of crap. but the best russian tank of the war is already ingame (is2), so why dont the germans have their best?

Upvote 0
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_Law said:
As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.

well, as far my limited inteligence and knowlenge of the english laguage helps me, i do understand that sentece the following way:

"the longer a discusion gets, the higher is the posibility that somebody will compare a behave or argument with nazism or hitler."

i think its funny that this is true, as i see that happen often, it makes me smile when you know that there is actually a law about that. and sometimes i let others know too, so they rethink what they wrote and see it from another view. also to let them smile in the future when they see such a comparsion again.

at the other hand, i wonder what nazi has to do with this thread, mean its about discusing or adding a vehicle, or, hm?

Upvote 0
That doesnt take away from the fact the Pz F2/F1 and Stug III F/8 were rare. The F/8 should have side skirts fitted in 1943 as well as the PzIII L!
As for the PzIII L its a 1942 tank and by this time PzIII's were becoming secondary tanks in favor of the PzIV G(early G's are different than late G's) although many PZIII's were still around for the Kursk offensive in 1943. Also the PzIIIL is a Late PzIII I believe they made more PzIII J's than L's which would have been a better early war variant because of the numbers made.

We don't see limited spawns even for tanks like the Tiger and IS-2. What makes you think they would do that for the King Tiger? Even if they do have limited respawns, would one or two be enough? Or will they have to compensate for stupid players who waste the King Tiger?

At this time it would be much better to stick to much more common tanks and tank destroyers.

Thats an easy fix for an update patch to do! As for compensating for the "Idiot factor" I guess the TigerII(is-2 and TigerI) should get more respawns than real life to compensate but the respawn would still be limited and in addtion it would be a slow respawn time.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kv1 shouldnt be in if it should unbalance the game if we talk about first year of war?
russians will now have that stupid bren carrier, nazis get another tank... and lets add another couple of tanks for germans... mb lets add jagdtiger then... lets is2 tanks scare... it would be funny to add panzer 1 to fight those dumb brens
about il2 as a "crop duster"... in russia we used to call po-2 with smth like that... i think finns never saw a real plane those times...i dont think il2 can remind me(or smb, but a finn) a "crop duster"

Upvote 0
That doesnt take away from the fact the Pz F2/F1 and Stug III F/8 were rare. The F/8 should have side skirts fitted in 1943 as well as the PzIII L!
As for the PzIII L its a 1942 tank and by this time PzIII's were becoming secondary tanks in favor of the PzIV G(early G's are different than late G's)

With the exception of the F1 and PzIIIL, those tanks were modified into the respected G models. The only difference you would see is the early and late G models (The side skirts for the StuG G late and PzIVG. With the addition of the L/48 and bolted 30mm for the PzIVG late)

Also the PzIIIL is a Late PzIII I believe they made more PzIII J's than L's which would have been a better early war variant because of the numbers made.

We don't see offical 1941 tank maps, so a PzIIIJ would be useless against anything other than the T60.

Thats an easy fix for an update patch to do! As for compensating for the "Idiot factor" I guess the TigerII(is-2 and TigerI) should get more respawns than real life to compensate but the respawn would still be limited and in addtion it would be a slow respawn time.

Unless the team decides to do this one day, I say no to the King Tiger. Even then it should have respawns much lower than the Tiger and IS2. Not only that but it should be one of the only German tanks on the map, while the Soviets should be given an ample supply of T34s and SU tank destroyers (Which should be added much earlier if we do see the King Tiger in the future)

Upvote 0
You're also not supposed to invoke the name of Godwin's law dolts.

Just to answer the fellows who complain that the "nazi fan-boys" don't want a PzII or 38t in game, well, think about it. How sexy and awesome is a PzII? How sexy and awesome is a King Tiger? The name itself says "ROAR I'M ****ING AWESOME ADD ME IN GAME NOW!!1111"

You kidding? I love the Panzer II. It is easily my favorite German tank of the war. Something about it is just plain beautiful. MY favorite tank though is the BT-7, and I think that would be the best two tanks to add. One update in the future could have the BT-7, PzKfw II, and a new early war tank map(or combined arms). I would wet myself with glee if that happened.

Upvote 0
Basically it works this way:

a) You have an idea which is cool.
Goto notthatoften
b) You have an idea.
Goto normal

Normal:
Feature may be planned anyway.
First of all: Have a cool forum nick.
You think RO is crap because feature X is not how you would like see it in game.
(Insert ultimate WWII experience here, comparing to other games is always good!)
Repeat your wish at least 200 times.
(Insert Nazi or Commi(e) here) fanbois cheer, just because.
Hint: Never call Soviets Soviets, only ruski or commi(e) (lower case!!), Germans are nazis, that's a given.
People disagree.
You post internet knowledge.
Your fanboi buddies post even more.
Other people disprove and make a good case.
Argue like there was no tomorrow.
Find more sources.
Other side finds sources.
Repeat yourself.
If that does not work, start an "If...." case.
Realism is the key. Use it.
Claim that you are the majority of the people playing the game.
Posting your text in bold, huge and italics always helps.
Tripwire still sticks to the plan.
Oh snap.

Notthatoften:
Feature is planned anyway. (Most likely)
Or:
Tripwire listens.
Feature X will be introduced in the future.

Upvote 0