• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

• Total voters
As far as I know there were no infantry-planes coordinated strikes. When a batallion or regiment met heavy armor as tigers they halted the advance and called A-G planes to get rid of the frankenstains but without any means to point the target...laser pointers are quite new on modern war.

So if they implement air strikes all ground units are suitable of receiving the attack no matter friend or foe.

Historical note: In the battle of Prokhorovka the brutality of the battle caused such amount of smoke and dust clouds that the air support of both sides had to leave coz they were unable to distinct friendly units.

Upvote 0
Disclaimer: This is not another "put the King Tiger in game" thread. This is about how it can be balanced.

I have only one thing to say: The Tiger II is a historically important tank and therefor should be ?? ????. :D

Anyway to 'balance it':
1. Just shoot the tracks off.
2. Artillery.
3. Shoot it in the sides/rear (80mm sloped armor) with a big enough gun (?152).
4. Avoid shooting at it frontally.
5. Avoid the 88mm gun.
6. Overwhelm and flank it with lots of tanks.
7. Throw a satchel on top (40mm armor) of the engine compartment.

Upvote 0
Ideally, they would fix the penetration issues with tanks, and add a special kind of "artillery" called air support where a commander could call in an airstrike against a small target. It would function like arty currently, except the diameter of the damage would be much smaller, and would only happen once (per call). This would represent IS-2's (or other tactical bombers) attacking the target directly.

And germans would be all like "OMG flying tanks!!one1".

There's no need for fancy gimmicks for Tiger 2. Just limit their numbers a bit. Eventually even the dumbest CS kid playing on soviet side will realise that team tactics are needed.

Upvote 0
Even a realistic Tiger II tank wouldn't be that hard to kill on RO maps. At under 500m(the standard RO engagment range) the KT could be killed by the IS-2 to the front(spalding, not a penentration) and the T-34/85, or so .ru says(I don't see why a Russian test would lie. They would want to know the strength and weakness of the enemy to better fight the war, just like any other country). It would also be able to kill any tank, at any angle, at any range in this game so it would stll be a mean SoB.

Upvote 0
ROPlayer: can I drive the King Tiger pls
W0lf: no its mine
Axis_r_best: fu i spawned before you guys
ROPlayer: come on guys I've been playing tihs map for hours and i still havent had the chance
Wolfgang_Schneider: achtung!!! let me be the gunner in King Tiger
Boris: lol, u guys are pathetic
Wolfgang_Schneider: shut up, arschloch! Wehrmacht rulez kthx
Anihil4t0r: dude gtfo of my tiger II
Axis_r_best: fu
Lizard: Achtung, Shambeh Bambeh!!!

*Server explodes*

Upvote 0
The only reason you hate this tank is because you fear to face it in combat true the Ferdinand could not be killed by most Soviet tanks frontally and it housed one of the most powerful guns in ww2 but the Soviet counter the SU-152 which really should have been added earlier to counter the Tiger I was known for killing these animal type of tanks such as the Panther,Tiger I, Ferdinand/Elefant ,ect.

This tank was also a suggestion for later it is not ment for now seeing how we have few tanks and very small tank maps and the tanks currently in game as it is still suffer penetration problems as well as some historical inaccauracy problems.:D

To defeat an Ferdinand
1.infantry satchels ect
2.Flank it with more than 1 tank
3. if you cant kill it disable it so other can kill it
4.artillery
5. SU-152

A Elefant tank
1. Infantry still possible but harder due to its MG
2. Flank it with many T-34/85
3. artillery (usually dug in late in war much like the Soviet su-76)
4.Su-152
5.Is-2

The Ferdinand/Elefant :

1. Their employment was ment to finally force a crushing loss for the Soviet side
2. Their combat history shows that even with some of their draw backs and incorrect usage(Kursk) it proved to be more than a worthy advisary especially in 1944 when it was modernised and most of its short commings were adressed.
3. the Elefant was used exstensivly on the eastern front it even served in Berlin
4. It is a legendard tank much like the Tiger II
5. Historically important.
6. Saw use in most combat actions in Eastern front from 1943- 1945

..............and here I was thinking this thread was dead

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ROPlayer: can I drive the King Tiger pls
W0lf: no its mine
Axis_r_best: fu i spawned before you guys
ROPlayer: come on guys I've been playing tihs map for hours and i still havent had the chance
Wolfgang_Schneider: achtung!!! let me be the gunner in King Tiger
Boris: lol, u guys are pathetic
Wolfgang_Schneider: shut up, arschloch! Wehrmacht rulez kthx
Anihil4t0r: dude gtfo of my tiger II
Axis_r_best: fu
Lizard: Achtung, Shambeh Bambeh!!!

*Server explodes*

So sad, yet so true.

Upvote 0
1. Their employment was ment to finally force a crushing loss for the Soviet side
2. Their combat history shows that even with some of their draw backs and incorrect usage(Kursk) it proved to be more than a worthy advisary especially in 1944 when it was modernised and most of its short commings were adressed.
3. the Elefant was used exstensivly on the eastern front it even served in Berlin
4. It is a legendard tank much like the Tiger II
5. Historically important.
6. Saw use in most combat actions in Eastern front from 1943- 1945

90 Ferdinands. 40 destroyed after Kursk. The rest modernized aka Elefant.

That makes 50 Elefants, some deployed to Italy, mostly used behind the lines after the Kursk experience.

Upvote 0
90 Ferdinands. 40 destroyed after Kursk. The rest modernized aka Elefant.

That makes 50 Elefants, some deployed to Italy, mostly used behind the lines after the Kursk experience.

Yeah but in Eastern front the Elefant served in Poland( 3.Kompanie of sPzJgAbt 653 in Poland in April 1944.),Hungry, and most of the expanding Eastern front. They were grouped into heavy tank battalions if im not mistaken and not behind lines although they did fight at a distance as was the tactic for most tanks.

Ninety Elefanten were manufactured in just a few months during mid-1943. It was first deployed during the Battle of Kursk and, they went on to serve in Italy in and Russia 1944.The final units were involved in the Battle of Berlin.

achtungpazner said:
In April of 1944, part of sPzJagAbt 653 was transferred back to the Eastern Front. In Autumn of 1944, all existing Elephants were grouped into newly created unit - schwere Heeres Panzerjager Kompanie 614, sPzJagAbt 653 was re-equipped with Jagdtigers. sPzJagAbt 614 with some 13-14 vehicles saw service on the Eastern Front as late as early 1945 and eventually all remaining (4?) Elephants saw final service with Kampfgruppe "Ritter" in area of Zossen (south of Berlin) in mid April of 1945. When employed defensively in Italy and Russia, Elephants proved to be formidable opponents. As of January 1st of 1945, there were still 4 Elephants in service of which some took part in the defence of Berlin as part of Kampfgruppe Ritter.

-also whats up with all the Ferdinand wreckage around in RO maps?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would like to see any fully functioning verison of this tank.:)
Really (although I know very little of modeling )I do not think that adding both would be too difficult seeing how The Elefant's main fixes were a commander's cupola and an Mg-34 in its hull and wider tracks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My old post is back.:) :)

FieldMarshalRommel:
Are you sure its Ferdinand wreckage? If it is then its wrong. Ferdinands were all converted into Elefants by 1944. It should be Elefant wreckage. You can tell which is which if it lacks the cupola and mg.

ROSchneidzekk said:
let's think about that: We add it to a Kursk map, it a) breaks down or b) gets raped by infantrie. We cannot model ranges where it dominated the soviet tanks. So, imagine what would be going on here.

It seems that your arguement is now invalid due to the improved visual ranges (4000m) and non-infantry tank maps LOL. As for breaking down anything mechanical will eventually break down so really breaking down should apply to any tank in game.:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It seems that your arguement is now invalid due to the improved visual ranges (4000m) and non-infantry tank maps LOL. As for breaking down anything mechanical will eventually break down so really breaking down should apply to any tank in game.:D

A lol makes sense when people demand a tank which was made 90 times. An improvement to the engine we made does not.

Get over it.

We already said that we would like to add every weapon/vehicle used on the eastern front, but the Ferdinand/Elephant is no priority at all.

Case and thread closed.

Upvote 0
Bull. They proved that one photo was apparently 'shopped. One photo. After proving that, photo was removed. I see worse info on Axis History every day.:rolleyes:

Battlefield.ru is shat... really it is.

AS for all these requests for 'breakdowns' for the king tiger, please. The King Tiger was unreliable, yes... but it didnt break down once every 20 meters or when going up a hill (in fact it was SUPERB at gowing up hills, it was one of the most manueverable german tanks around... able to negotiate even the toughest of obstacles). Breakdowns tended to happen after HUNDREDS of meters of continued use at the very least, so the chances of it breaking down in game REALISTICALLY wouldnt really be worth the time to model it.

Upvote 0