• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

• Total voters
Agree...how many more ppl do they need to tell them that ballistics in this game are screwed until they really fix them?

how many people will keep making the same god damn thread complaining about the armor values even after they have said there working on it but it will take a few months to get it right, tested and released.

Also I really dont trust what other people say when they give stories about what happened when there in a tank because sooo many people just dont know how to use the freakin things. I cant count how many times I have been a unangled tank or someone who didnt know you could get the range or someone who decided to go off bythemselves in a tiger tank and complained when they were destroyed.

anothing thing you seem to be asking for a prefect armor penitration system in ROOST. Well this isnt a Sim game and its not going to happen. You say things like I dont want new tanks until the armor system is fixed. Well there two different departments and fixing the armor system is easier said then done. And even when it is "fix" people will still complain and whine about it. The devs are always going to be fight between the myths each tank holds, everyones own view of the tank based on what they have read and the values they have seen and the math calculations which the game does.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Read the disclaimer again people. This thread is about how the Tiger II can be balanced in RO.

Disclaimer:
This is not another "put the King Tiger in game" thread. This is about how it can be balanced. I don't want to see any "the Tiger II was rare" comments, or crap from battlefield.ru. Especially that "was the Tiger really king" garbage.

Upvote 0
Oh I would also like to point out that anything found on the internet it 99% of the time going to be from amature historian which is by no means a credible source of information. Most people (and this is just expierience from school) will just spit out word for word what they have read or seen without examining it in any detail and usually taking everything they read for fact. Everything has to be put into context and taken with a grain of salt. I havent read Tigers in the Mud (getting it for xmas) but I believe many people are basing there views of the tiger off that book. While I cant comment on anything in it or the book itself. We should keep in mind that most of these (not all) are written years after the battle so memories fade, maybe the person writting it had a special feel or relationship towards that tank and would thus make it seem like the best tank ever. Again please note I'm not making comments on Tigers in the Mud, I havent read it but I will this xmas. I am just making a comment on the way people tend to create a myth around certain things like the Tiger tank from sources which are not always creditable and dont examine things close enough to understand if there corrent. Thats not to say everyone does this but I have a feeling many people do. Also I am not making comments on the way certains tanks were in RL or are in the game simply the way people usually without alot of knowledge comment and criticize things simply based on the myth they have created around that object.

Sorry for that

now the Tiger II, if it was put into game we would need a more advanced system that could bring its faults into game. Like the engine problems, but can you imagin how pissed off people would be if there tank just suddenly stopped working for no reason. While its always nice to have more content and tanks I cant see at this time how this tank could be brought into game without it becoming the dominant factor in a battle. Maps would turn into Tiger II IS2 fights.

Upvote 0
The only way to balance the game if the tiger goes realistic is giving russians twist the tanks and 57mm ATGs for 42-43 maps

The way to balance the King Tiger is giving russians the SU-100 and implementing gun/turret wreck and crew kills for internal armor flanking.

If no more tank features are to be implemented then just give axis Nashors (aslo 88mm L/70)...they are faster...they will reload freaking faster..and if go into hulldown position they will be as unbeatable (by the superstructure) as the SU-76.

IMO

Upvote 0
Sichartshofen is not the only person to say that alot of the info displayed at Battlefield RU is bad. just ask thy guys over at Axis history fourms...

Bull. They proved that one photo was apparently 'shopped. One photo. After proving that, photo was removed. I see worse info on Axis History every day.:rolleyes:

How to balance Tiger II? Hmmm. Make it bog down when driving up hills and fords. And make soviet players use some team tactics. Create a diversion by shoot & scooting T-34 while IS-2 goes for the kill.

Upvote 0
Always fun to see a thread go off topic on the second post.

As for the original question, how can you put the King Tiger in the game without destroying the balance?

The answer is, you cannot. The King Tiger is unkillable frontally by any Russian weapon. So you'd have to have a setup like you do on Orel where the Germans get exactly one king tiger and a bunch of support tanks, and the Russians get a bunch of IS-2's and T34 85's. Only then would you have a chance for balance.

The other option is to simply give the Russians infinite arillery (which wouldn't be all that historically inaccurate considering the time period). But the arguement could be made that artillery is artificially too powerful against heavy armor in our game.

Ideally, they would fix the penetration issues with tanks, and add a special kind of "artillery" called air support where a commander could call in an airstrike against a small target. It would function like arty currently, except the diameter of the damage would be much smaller, and would only happen once (per call). This would represent IS-2's (or other tactical bombers) attacking the target directly.

Upvote 0
Make it bog down when driving up hills and fords.

According to wikipedia Tiger II ground pressure was lower than Panzer IV, so it doesn't bog down so easily. Suspension was smooth and perfect to give gun excellent accuracy.

Overheating engine and easily broken steering was much bigger problem. Maybe in this game Tiger II driver must be experianced to keep RPM just correct to get tank moving and not to overheat engine. They should be steered and turned very carefully, not turned to one side long periods. This would be giving IS-2 more advantage, becouse they are more mobile and easily driven tanks. And giving only maximum one Tiger II per map.

Upvote 0