• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

• Total voters
What excatly are you infering? Is it that the Tiger II idea is option "A" of your very generalized view of other peoples ideas and opinions?
If this is the case I would have to disagree seening as how the TigerII is and was Germany's late war tank that saw much in the way of combat being out numbered and still putting up incrediable resistance against the Soviet hordes.
1.The Tiger II was common in late war combat
2.The Tiger II was present in many official maps
3.The Tiger II was and is a historically important vehicle
4.The Tiger II fought in most key ww2 battles from 1944-1945
5.The Tiger II kept the morale of the German solider high even this late in the war
6.The Tiger II was Germay's answer to most allied tanks of the time
7.The Tiger II gave Germany the edge to drive the overwhelming amounts of Soviet tanks back

The omittion of the TigerII would ignore historical fact and reality and make a realism based game "convienently realistic". It would be tantamount to ommiting the T-34/85 from the game or the IS-2 for that matter.

Upvote 0
i think russian players dont mind if king tiger or jagdpanther appears... but they'd like to see smth new for russians... not like that bren carrier, but smth worth being...as bren carrier is an another joke car for russians

when playing outfront as a german, my fave tank was a pz.1, hope to see this angry monster in ro...

actually i prefer infantry maps and i dont care much what tanks would germans or russians get, but i wish it would be fair, like tripwire does, each side gets smth...and if germans get those tanks russians should get smth also...

to yankee
i'm from [USSR], Hero City - Moscow (just being pathetic)
i don't think vietnamese army was the most powerful in the world... but the only weapon US army could use well against them was napalm
p.s. we like to think t34 is the symbol of our victory

Upvote 0
Notice I said "If this is the case...."

Normal:
Feature may be planned anyway.
First of all: Have a cool forum nick.
You think RO is crap because feature X is not how you would like see it in game.
(Insert ultimate WWII experience here, comparing to other games is always good!)
Repeat your wish at least 200 times.
(Insert Nazi or Commi(e) here) fanbois cheer, just because.
Hint: Never call Soviets Soviets, only ruski or commi(e) (lower case!!), Germans are nazis, that's a given.
People disagree.
You post internet knowledge.
Your fanboi buddies post even more.
Other people disprove and make a good case.
Argue like there was no tomorrow.
Find more sources.
Other side finds sources.
Repeat yourself.
If that does not work, start an "If...." case.
Realism is the key. Use it.
Claim that you are the majority of the people playing the game.
Posting your text in bold, huge and italics always helps.
Tripwire still sticks to the plan.
Oh snap.

The Tiger II is about as badly romantisized as the Longbow.

Upvote 0
I dont see the point in adding the King Tiger unless they fix the ballistics.
Take as example when you shoot a SU-76 with a Tiger in the superstructure (It should completely disable it at any range...but that doesnt happen..AP or HE). So If they dont fix the ballistics I prefer adding Marders (75mm&76mm) and Nashors (same gun as the KT). It happens the same with the KV-1 wich

Upvote 0
about il2 as a "crop duster"... in russia we used to call po-2 with smth like that... i think finns never saw a real plane those times...i dont think il2 can remind me(or smb, but a finn) a "crop duster"

Oh, oh. First of all, finns saw quite a lot of your IL-2:s. A LOT. My grandpa told me, that they were not that popular among finnish infantry. :)
Secondly, I think everybody have to admit, that they were the ultimate groud attack aircraft in WWII( not Stukas or anything else).

And, third of all: the name "crop duster" (don`t know if that is even true, who has invented or translated it?) is a bad translation. IL-2:s were called as "turmoviikki" or " maataistelukone" which roughly translates to "ground attack plane". In finnish language "maataistelukone" turned in soldiers mouthes to "maatalouskone". This "maatalouskone" is roughly translated as "agricultural machine". So it has nothing to do with the looks of IL-2.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man...if they put the 88mm L70 it will be a slaughtery on russian side...but if ballistics keep the same we can shoot a T-34 at 100m and see unlimited ricochets...then the supposed reallistic will go to hell...nobody wanna be exposed :p

My Tiger rounds rarely ricochet from a T-34 actually. Oddly enough I get more ricochets firing at SU-76s then T-34s...

Upvote 0
Yeah, considering how accurate every tank is in this game, something armed with the L/71 would not be good news for the people on the other end of it.

That being said, it really should be harder to hit your target. Then we could have realistic penetration values, but it would be far more difficult to hit the target, especially at longer ranges in something like a T-34.

That would give a tank like the Tiger an advantage; its high-quality optics and gun would allow it to have very little deviation in the standard flight path of rounds.

I'm just putting the idea out there, though. I'm sure a lot of people would hate it.

Upvote 0
the reason its so easy to hit enemy tanks ingame now is because the combat is at 500m on arad, wait for the release and go to the updated version of orel or whatever comes out with 2-4km distance tank combat. then hittin the enemy will require some serious stinkin skillzors...

edit:
tho you do have a good point, some tanks optics on the ruskie team were famed for not being that great and being slow to use(cough kvs's), im not sure exactly how innacurate the t34s rounds were over long range aswell..

Upvote 0
Guys dont u worry cause hopesully u will see the KT soon. A hint in a upcoming mod next year expect to see it in development . . :D
in your normandy mod?? then i hope you implement random breakdowns, because this baby is gonna whipe those shermans back into the sea! ;) the problem is that many were sent to normandy, but just a handfull arrived combat ready. the others broke down on the way or were destroyed by those damn p-47's

Upvote 0
IL-2:s were called as "turmoviikki" or " maataistelukone" which roughly translates to "ground attack plane". In finnish language "maataistelukone" turned in soldiers mouthes to "maatalouskone". This "maatalouskone" is roughly translated as "agricultural machine". So it has nothing to do with the looks of IL-2.:)

interesting discovery

Upvote 0
Fortunately for us, you are not entirely correct. Because of the lack of materials, the late war production German tanks were noted to have fragile armor. While not necesserily penetrating, a hit from an 85mm gun could cause shattering of the armor, which resulted in the tiger crew getting showered in shrapnel. A hit from 122mm round caused even the frontal armor to crack, and sometimes the armor plates detached completely.
The King Tiger, however, could carry more ammunition, as well as fire considerably faster, because of the lighter 88mm shells, which, by the way, had no trouble penetrating the armor on IS-2.
So in the end, I think the king tiger should be included, it will be an interesting adversary, and will be perfectly ballanced in its raw form.

i heard that several times in forums. And a question. You have any "reputable" source for tht ? (talking about sources, like books from Spielberger etc.). I dont say you are "wrong" or "right". Just curious.

Another problem is some whiners will scream it's not balanced. Because there is no Soviet tank armed with a gun capable of penetrating the Tiger II's front armour at any range.

I would scream, cause the Tiger II would, be added in game, without his main problems and enemies, not other tanks, but aircraft and his own technical problems plus the area. Imagine, a vehicle with a gun like the Tigers II, and frontal armor on a map from the size like black day july or orel, without his major dissadvantages like his weight and poor mechanic. It would be similar to the IS2 on maps like arad or ogledow, where one single guy sits well angled ina place and shoot down evry other tank, but you can do nothing more then "watch" your tank burning. And that happend several times, even when you should be able to penetrate the IS2 on this distance, it still even after the new patch all richochet from his armor. With the Tiger II it would be even more worst.

The Tiger II would rule the battlefield, even when he was not a that great tank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i heard that several times in forums. And a question. You have any "reputable" source for tht ? (talking about sources, like books from Spielberger etc.). I dont say you are "wrong" or "right". Just curious.

I would scream, cause the Tiger II would, be added in game, without his main problems and enemies, not other tanks, but aircraft and his own technical problems plus the area. Imagine, a vehicle with a gun like the Tigers II, and frontal armor on a map from the size like black day july or orel, without his major dissadvantages like his weight and poor mechanic. It would be similar to the IS2 on maps like arad or ogledow, where one single guy sits well angled ina place and shoot down evry other tank, but you can do nothing more then "watch" your tank burning. And that happend several times, even when you should be able to penetrate the IS2 on this distance, it still even after the new patch all richochet from his armor. With the Tiger II it would be even more worst.

The Tiger II would rule the battlefield, even when he was not a that great tank.

I'm sorry, young padawan. But as now no tanks in game are modelled without their 'main disadvantages.'

You're rambling is just too easy to pick at... Do yourself a favor and brush up on your history before presenting yourself to critiscism.

and PS: yes the king tiger should be modelled, using the arguement 'im scared' to attack something isn't very... convincing.

Upvote 0