• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killingfloor 3

shadowtwinz;n2306287 said:
Then I want to ask Devs to bring back part of Kf1 Leveling mechanic, add extra HP to zombies for each player in game, make the game slower and lastly make the maps not a huge chaos.

Dude it took forever to level a single perk because you had to kill certain zeds for it to actually move you up. For example, Commandos leveled by killing stalkers, and you couldn't move to the next one until you killed a certain amount of them. Hard to do that when you have other perks that would kill your XP objective before you did. The level system in this game makes it more fair by you gaining XP by using certain weapons, and it gives you bonus xp for doing certain things like killing FPs as a demo, crawlers as a firebug, etc.

Upvote 0
No no no, I dont think the KF1 system was good for leveling, just that it kept me playing because I hadnt 'Finished' the game yet. You can add cosmetic levels that just level up for show but dont give you any more power. Maybe like every 5 levels give you a free crate for that class to open or something. Having to grind for power is awful. The way it is right now I feel like you can beat any difficulty at level 20 on any class. Level 21-25 is optional and adds a nice touch but most of their power is in level 20. In KF1, most of their power was in level 5-6 not 1-4, which was awful.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2306290 said:
Dude it took forever to level a single perk because you had to kill certain zeds for it to actually move you up. For example, Commandos leveled by killing stalkers, and you couldn't move to the next one until you killed a certain amount of them. Hard to do that when you have other perks that would kill your XP objective before you did. The level system in this game makes it more fair by you gaining XP by using certain weapons, and it gives you bonus xp for doing certain things like killing FPs as a demo, crawlers as a firebug, etc.

The problem in KF1 leveling is its judgement logic. It's "AND". In KF2 it's "OR". You can level commando by without killing stalkers with commando weapons at all in KF2, but not in KF1.

Upvote 0
shadowtwinz;n2306287 said:
Then I want to ask Devs to bring back part of Kf1 Leveling mechanic, add extra HP to zombies for each player in game, make the game slower and lastly make the maps not a huge chaos.

I don't mind the hp or leveling suggestions but you're nuts regarding the game pace. The slow style of KF1 does not fit into what TWI has created with KF2. I can understand enjoying it in the first game - I did too - but this isn't KF1, and I'm pretty sure that was the dev team's intention with the sequel. It's a game from the same "universe" but wrapped up differently with intended gameplay differences.

A lot of people already think SUI/HOE is too easy. Imagine if the zeds moved slower... it would completely ruin the game IMO.

Upvote 0
PurpleFanta;n2306295 said:
No no no, I dont think the KF1 system was good for leveling, just that it kept me playing because I hadnt 'Finished' the game yet. You can add cosmetic levels that just level up for show but dont give you any more power. Maybe like every 5 levels give you a free crate for that class to open or something. Having to grind for power is awful. The way it is right now I feel like you can beat any difficulty at level 20 on any class. Level 21-25 is optional and adds a nice touch but most of their power is in level 20. In KF1, most of their power was in level 5-6 not 1-4, which was awful.

Level 25 is NOT optional. All LV25 skills are zedtime based which is EXTREMELY powerful. Like real time firing.
However, taking advantage of this skill is difficult. It requires the player to seize the very moment for the effects. Tactics basing on zedtime skills are something like solo scrake takedowns while self extension as a commando. Something like that.

Cosmetic levels are interesting. Like a LV99 which offers EXACTLY as the LV25.

Upvote 0
Utopia-Phoenix;n2306299 said:
Level 25 is NOT optional. All LV25 skills are zedtime based which is EXTREMELY powerful. Like real time firing.
However, taking advantage of this skill is difficult. It requires the player to seize the very moment for the effects. Tactics basing on zedtime skills are something like solo scrake takedowns while self extension as a commando. Something like that.

Cosmetic levels are interesting. Like a LV99 which offers EXACTLY as the LV25.

Oh man, please don't bring cosmetic levels. It's gonna be TF2 with hats all over again...we already have it to a degree by cosmetic rarity, which is fine. And yes, this game gives you many more options as to how you can level up a perk. I leveled up my commando up to 9 since I play medic often, and I never touched the perk.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2306302 said:
Oh man, please don't bring cosmetic levels. It's gonna be TF2 with hats all over again...we already have it to a degree by cosmetic rarity, which is fine. And yes, this game gives you many more options as to how you can level up a perk. I leveled up my commando up to 9 since I play medic often, and I never touched the perk.

What I meant by cosmetic levels is just your level goes up for show. And no, the game doesnt have alot to offer in terms of how to level things. I've maxed everything I enjoy playing and I feel like I'm wasting my time playing them again.

Upvote 0
Dr. Lethal;n2306302 said:

I havn't played TF2 and I didn't get the point. A LV 99 has no difference to LV 25 but the exact number of the level. And AFAIK the perk level is shown only on scoreboards and game lobby. It doesn't affact character graphics like the hats does.

Upvote 0
Utopia-Phoenix;n2306332 said:
I havn't played TF2 and I didn't get the point. A LV 99 has no difference to LV 25 but the exact number of the level. And AFAIK the perk level is shown only on scoreboards and game lobby. It doesn't affact character graphics like the hats does.

Basically, people start flexing their ePeen more because they have items that are a certain level, which makes some players be total assholes because of it.

Upvote 0
No need for Killing floor 3. Killing floor 2 will not die if we the players play it and support it's developers.

Yeah there is, the bugsplat errors ruin killing floor 2. It's time for a new game. They should add raid bosses and have more variety in enemies, also they should allow us to choose which holiday ZED skins we want. There are so many improvements to be made on an already great game. Do you think when cavemen built the wheel that was the end of the wheel because it was supported by users and developers? See, you even used the word developer. So what is the point in saying that it shouldn't be developed further? It's a 100% contradiction. If they continue to dev kf2, which they don't, we'll just have even more bugsplat errors, because they don't fix the problems, they usually just add stuff to the game. Also kf2's leveling system is bad.

Upvote 0
Are we gonna get that comment another ten times?

What Gibson said means NOTHING. It could very well be another slew of updates or a spin-off.And even if a new game was indeed in the pipes, it probably won't release for another 2-3 years AT THE VERY LEAST. Tripwire is probably working on updates for Maneater currently.

Upvote 0