• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:


    We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.



    For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Killingfloor 3

shadowtwinz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 4, 2010
16
1
0
Any ideas when Killingfloor 3 will be in developement ?

Or where DEVs are focused right now ? Do they release DEV blogs or anything
 

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
2,511
163
63
Belgium
I don't even really see the point of having a third game really...

What did Killing Floor 2 bring to the table? Mostly "polish" and "details" . The game FEELS better. The graphics are refined, the characters feels truly different, the weapons have an awesome handling... But at it's core, both games are very similar.

Just like Team Fortress 2, I think they might as well update the game until they eventually decide to move on. Otherwise, there would be no real reason to buy another game.
 

LunaticMaster

Active member
Jun 5, 2013
311
36
28
Finland
No need for Killing floor 3. Killing floor 2 will not die if we the players play it and support it's developers.
 
Last edited:

shadowtwinz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 4, 2010
16
1
0
The point is kf 1 is far more immersive and better in it's gameplay. True kf1 players know how kf should look like.
 

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
2,410
275
83
23
shadowtwinz;n2306203 said:
The point is kf 1 is far more immersive and better in it's gameplay. True kf1 players know how kf should look like.
immersive?
better in gameplay?
camp in one spot to win with stupid as a box of rocks zeds are immersive?
hitboxes that have trouble registering shots especially with medic darts is better in gameplay? please.... put down the nostalgia glasses.
just because everything is OP there doesn't mean its better... and if you're sharpshooter main then your argument is invalid to begin with.
 

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
2,271
93
48
Pennsylvania
I would personally hate to see a KF3...

KF2 has everything TWI needs to work with to create a great product for the franchise. Even though it's not in EA anymore, there is still a lot of untapped potential, even beyond the obvious (more weapons, characters, maps - etc).

The changes to zed spawning and the groups would be a great step in the right direction. There are a few talks about this specifically regarding medium length games.

A few additional bosses (that are coming) will be great to see.

White listing a few more mutators would also be great. It happened with the first game so I assume it's only a matter of time.

Btw I laughed when I read "true kf1 players". So if someone likes KF2 they aren't a true kf1 player? Please.. :)
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Reclusiarch

WelshJester

Member
Jan 9, 2014
140
5
18
Personally I'd like a KF3 in future, but it needs to bring more to the table on release, like maybe a proper co-op campaign mode (which i still hope KF 2's Objective mode will be like) more intelligence in some of the zeds and the bosses, and of course the graphics/detail level of UE4.
 

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
2,410
275
83
23
WelshJester;n2306230 said:
Personally I'd like a KF3 in future, but it needs to bring more to the table on release, like maybe a proper co-op campaign mode (which i still hope KF 2's Objective mode will be like) more intelligence in some of the zeds and the bosses, and of course the graphics/detail level of UE4.
by that time UE5 will be a thing.
 

Dr. Lethal

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 7, 2017
610
80
0
25
Why is this even a topic? This game got full release just a year ago and it's still very young.
 

Radio4ctive

Active member
Feb 22, 2016
198
77
28
Yea... there are is still a lot of things that TWI can add to KF2. Pls add Uber Scrake with 2 chainsaws ;)
 

LunaticMaster

Active member
Jun 5, 2013
311
36
28
Finland
Radio4ctive;n2306250 said:
Yea... there are is still a lot of things that TWI can add to KF2. Pls add Uber Scrake with 2 chainsaws ;)
How about Mega Fleshpound with meat grinders for it's legs? 4 Meat grinders total.
 

The_Pharoah

Member
Aug 30, 2011
189
25
18
Kittenmittens;n2306223 said:
We're still focused on Killing Floor 2. ;)
Good. I think there's a LOT more we can get out of this game. I"ll be honest, I'm quite addicted to this game - I don't know what it is but I keep coming back to it and playing atleast 3-4 10 round matches every night. Nothing gives me the same 'high' that i get from a full game.

Having said that, there's still lots that can and should be done to keep this game going eg:

1. extend the levels up to say 50 (or hell, 100!!)
2. add new weapons for each perk or even a new perk (don't ask me what)
3. add more zeds (new), kinda like what you guys did for the circus event. I hated those damned monkeys.
4. create/add new varied types of maps...eg. the descent. That was excellent, but you guys stopped at 1.
5. make objective based maps/missions eg. plant explosives in the dungeons (think Ripley in Aliens heading down to the basement to find the little girl) or go through the descent to escape on a boat leaving or something (or helicopter coming to land at the top of a sky scraper)

I've slowly been getting my mates into this game and they're loving it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Reclusiarch

Patros

Member
Apr 23, 2015
354
10
18
Germany
Yeah, seems way too early to be thinking about KF3. I'd rather have an engine update than a new game at this point in time. :p
 

Utopia-Phoenix

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
1,114
347
83
29
Qingdao, Shandong, China
Aleflippy;n2306201 said:
I don't even really see the point of having a third game really...

What did Killing Floor 2 bring to the table? Mostly "polish" and "details" . The game FEELS better. The graphics are refined, the characters feels truly different, the weapons have an awesome handling... But at it's core, both games are very similar.

Just like Team Fortress 2, I think they might as well update the game until they eventually decide to move on. Otherwise, there would be no real reason to buy another game.
Actually, to my opinion, the KF2 is very different from KF1. They share similarity but different. Like Red Alert 2 and 3.

(The following words are on HOE difficulty, LV25/LV6, 10 waves.)

The pace- KF2 is fast-paced. A lot faster than KF1. Both the zeds and the players move in a much GREATER velocity, allowing sudden swarm attacks from the zeds or kiting strategy from players especially if he is a berserker or gunslinger. A mind absense of 3 secs is very unlikely to be lethal in KF1- not that in KF2.

The rage blow from fleshpounds are no more instantly kill in KF2 which means fault-tolerance (NONE in KF1) and offer chances of comeback (which is almost impossible in KF1). However, this is compensated by the greater difficulty to escape due to the greater mobility and attack frequency of the zeds, let alone the notorious zed teleportation mechanism! i.e. You, in KF2, are as deadly as in KF1 unless you are the sole survivor running from the FPs, and you are almost as deadly because of taking MULTIPLE blows rather than taking ONE blow from FP in KF1.

The economy. KF2 has greater challenge on this. This is because that in KF1 a LV6 player spawn with a T2 weapon as well as the price reduction. (Let alone the crossbow price glitch) In KF1 a veteran could lay hand on his favored T3+ weapon on wave 2 and forget about economy issues whatsover, which is impossible in KF2. In other words, you need to ACTUALLY fight with inferior weapons for the first half of the game in KF2, NOT in KF1.

Perk skills. A major difference between KF1 and 2. Due to the powerful enhancement of the skills (especially the LV 25 zed-time skills) offperk weapons are A LOT less favored in KF2. Also the concept of tertiary weapons in KF1 (e.g. Support: AA12+Boomstick+Katana or Commando: SCAR+AK47+MP5) is abandoned due to various reasons. Most players carry 2 perked weapons at most in KF2. Fewer carries 3 perked weapons. Very few carry offperk tertiery weapon in KF2.
(The reason of abandonship of tertiary weapons vary. To the Supports of KF2 it is because there is NO need to conserve ammo by slicing trash with offperk katanas due to the extension of shotgun ammo pool, and the faster pace denied such weapon switching. To the Commandos of KF2 it is because the HM401 has integrated healing function into it.)

ZEDTIME Tactics. Another major difference. Zedtime in KF1 is nothing but watching time or probably accurate aiming time, no potential of big news. Not in KF2. An assault taking advantage of zedtime in KF2 can be ten times effective as without it thanks to the LV 25 skills. Big news, period.


As a Chinese gamer I witnessed the transitional period from KF1 to KF2 of other old boys. They... are inadaptive and thumbed down, most of them. One extremist (Support) even declared that this is NOT the Killing Floor he spent thousands of hours onto, and abandoned Killing Floor 2 back to Killing Floor 1. I am the only KF veteran in China who transited into KF2 without severe inadaptiveness, probably due to the similarity of commando perk.

For all of those, KF2 is a somewhat similar but different game to KF1, more than graphics issue. If you wish you could build a refurbished version of KF1 using KF2 engines like the CODRM. Or you could build a vintage version of KF2 using KF1-level graphics/engine/hardware requirement/whatsover. They are 2 different games.
 

Dr. Lethal

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 7, 2017
610
80
0
25
Utopia-Phoenix;n2306270 said:
Actually, to my opinion, the KF2 is very different from KF1. They share similarity but different. Like Red Alert 2 and 3.

(The following words are on HOE difficulty, LV25/LV6, 10 waves.)

The pace- KF2 is fast-paced. A lot faster than KF1. Both the zeds and the players move in a much GREATER velocity, allowing sudden swarm attacks from the zeds or kiting strategy from players especially if he is a berserker or gunslinger. A mind absense of 3 secs is very unlikely to be lethal in KF1- not that in KF2.

The rage blow from fleshpounds are no more instantly kill in KF2 which means fault-tolerance (NONE in KF1) and offer chances of comeback (which is almost impossible in KF1). However, this is compensated by the greater difficulty to escape due to the greater mobility and attack frequency of the zeds, let alone the notorious zed teleportation mechanism! i.e. You, in KF2, are as deadly as in KF1 unless you are the sole survivor running from the FPs, and you are almost as deadly because of taking MULTIPLE blows rather than taking ONE blow from FP in KF1.

The economy. KF2 has greater challenge on this. This is because that in KF1 a LV6 player spawn with a T2 weapon as well as the price reduction. (Let alone the crossbow price glitch) In KF1 a veteran could lay hand on his favored T3+ weapon on wave 2 and forget about economy issues whatsover, which is impossible in KF2. In other words, you need to ACTUALLY fight with inferior weapons for the first half of the game in KF2, NOT in KF1.

Perk skills. A major difference between KF1 and 2. Due to the powerful enhancement of the skills (especially the LV 25 zed-time skills) offperk weapons are A LOT less favored in KF2. Also the concept of tertiary weapons in KF1 (e.g. Support: AA12+Boomstick+Katana or Commando: SCAR+AK47+MP5) is abandoned due to various reasons. Most players carry 2 perked weapons at most in KF2. Fewer carries 3 perked weapons. Very few carry offperk tertiery weapon in KF2.
(The reason of abandonship of tertiary weapons vary. To the Supports of KF2 it is because there is NO need to conserve ammo by slicing trash with offperk katanas due to the extension of shotgun ammo pool, and the faster pace denied such weapon switching. To the Commandos of KF2 it is because the HM401 has integrated healing function into it.)

ZEDTIME Tactics. Another major difference. Zedtime in KF1 is nothing but watching time or probably accurate aiming time, no potential of big news. Not in KF2. An assault taking advantage of zedtime in KF2 can be ten times effective as without it thanks to the LV 25 skills. Big news, period.


As a Chinese gamer I witnessed the transitional period from KF1 to KF2 of other old boys. They... are inadaptive and thumbed down, most of them. One extremist (Support) even declared that this is NOT the Killing Floor he spent thousands of hours onto, and abandoned Killing Floor 2 back to Killing Floor 1. I am the only KF veteran in China who transited into KF2 without severe inadaptiveness, probably due to the similarity of commando perk.

For all of those, KF2 is a somewhat similar but different game to KF1, more than graphics issue. If you wish you could build a refurbished version of KF1 using KF2 engines like the CODRM. Or you could build a vintage version of KF2 using KF1-level graphics/engine/hardware requirement/whatsover. They are 2 different games.
In all honesty, I feel that people who say KF1 is better than KF2 need to take off their nostalgia glasses. It's much like the same thing between L4D1 and L4D2. People said that 1 was better, mainly because 2 denied them the strategies they were used to doing with the new infected added. 2 not only made the game more challenging, but also offers way more weapons and longer maps. Then, when L4D1 maps got ported over, there's little reason to play 1 at this point because you get the same thing in 2 (which some changes).
 

PurpleFanta

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 25, 2015
786
30
0
Well the thing is I miss alot of things from KF1 that KF2 doesnt have. They're almost two different games. I still go back and play KF1 over KF2 sometimes. KF1's atmosphere was alot more interesting to me, the between wave music was incredible. The double barrel felt more fun to use. It'd easily agree that KF2 is miles better but there's aspects of KF1 left behind that I miss alot.

That being said I saw something about higher level cap. I'd love cosmetic levels. I really cant wait for the next update to hit, but being max level feels like I'm playing for no reason. One thing about KF1 was that I never hit max level and played on servers with insane level caps. I could always come back and feel progression. Even if I get no power out of it, I still want to see level bars fill. Maybe for like events or challenges we could have those levels do something, but just having it not do anything doesnt feel too good.
 

shadowtwinz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 4, 2010
16
1
0
Then I want to ask Devs to bring back part of Kf1 Leveling mechanic, add extra HP to zombies for each player in game, make the game slower and lastly make the maps not a huge chaos.
 

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
2,410
275
83
23
No.
Except for leveling part, that thing needs to be applied to medic since his leveling makes absolutely no sense