• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Wins Best PC Game of 2009 @ Voodoo Extreme

i'm telling ya, I think Killing Floor and Tripwire earned this one all the way - a great fun game, low price, low-priced dlc, modding and mapping tools, great patch support, and awesome FREE new maps and guns all makes for an excellent reputation within the pc gaming community that wins awards like these

way to go KF and TWI

Upvote 0
i'm telling ya, I think Killing Floor and Tripwire earned this one all the way - a great fun game, low price, low-priced dlc, modding and mapping tools, great patch support, and awesome FREE new maps and guns all makes for an excellent reputation within the pc gaming community that wins awards like these

way to go KF and TWI

It's a game that represents what pc gaming should be. It doesn't have be the hi-tech of the year, a good idea, low price, Fantastic Support via patches and DLC is as good as any big budget game and better.

I think with the word of mouth, and great rep it already has KF could become another long-running title like TF. That's what I hope.

Upvote 0
Congratulations to Tripwire for the awards. It just shows the game has
a solid fan- and player-base which enjoys the game very much, and appreciates the high quality support coupled with the excellent game-play.

There is just something that keeps me playing it over and over again.
And I don't think anything short of Killing Floor II will make me even consider
other action shooters. It is like an addiction... But a harmless one! :D

Killing Floor is by far my most played game, and deserves to be awarded. Let's hope the game will keep evolving even more in the future with additional features. ;)

You got it right from the start. Perfect price, good value, lots of action,
nice learning curve, good replay value, character levelling, lots of tools of
destruction and of course, fantastic maps, with additional high quality maps provided by the community.
Of course, graphics might look a bit dated to some but in my opinion
they are more than adequate and they are quite functional and the engine
is good and tested and very solid.

One more time: Congratulations, TripWire Interactive. :)

Upvote 0
You're complaining because you're not getting free stuff like everyone else? You've already got loads of free weps, levels, perks, maps, achievments, enemies, etc.
Dude, that is like saying that people have to be 'thankful' for patches that should have been in the product in the first place.

KillingFloor is a game that is still in beta, and that evolves towards gold. You know when it is gold when the most crucial bugs and unbalances are fixed, and TWI does not need to make any more patches/updates for it.

Upvote 0
Dude, that is like saying that people have to be 'thankful' for patches that should have been in the product in the first place.

KillingFloor is a game that is still in beta, and that evolves towards gold. You know when it is gold when the most crucial bugs and unbalances are fixed, and TWI does not need to make any more patches/updates for it.

Nope, completely wrong...
TWI is the most dedicated developer I know as of yet seeing as they fix bugs reported(by my team for example) BEFORE those are even abused, they respond to people on the support forums(which is also unique, on other dev forums they hire r*t*r* to do the support, that basicly means you'll either get answers unrelated to your questions, or they'll manage to f*** your game up even more) and they're also the only developer that actually listens to their customers, while in comparisation:
Infinity Ward doesn't fix things unless they get out of hand and abused by alot of people, Crytek(Crysis) has completely stopped working on patches for Crysis because there were too many cheaters, FarCry2 is overrun by bad gameplay and other r*ta**ed cr*p on multiplayer, and then theres a whole lot of other developers that don't give a f*** about their games nor customers...

Upvote 0
Nope, completely wrong...
TWI is the most dedicated developer I know as of yet seeing as they fix bugs reported(by my team for example) BEFORE those are even abused, they respond to people on the support forums(which is also unique, on other dev forums they hire r*t*r* to do the support, that basicly means you'll either get answers unrelated to your questions, or they'll manage to f*** your game up even more) and they're also the only developer that actually listens to their customers, while in comparisation:
Infinity Ward doesn't fix things unless they get out of hand and abused by alot of people, Crytek(Crysis) has completely stopped working on patches for Crysis because there were too many cheaters, FarCry2 is overrun by bad gameplay and other r*ta**ed cr*p on multiplayer, and then theres a whole lot of other developers that don't give a f*** about their games nor customers...
No, you're wrong here. And why do you swear so much? And put each other reactions completely down the drain? Nobody will listen to you in that manner. My advise to you is: please start being civil.

About the content of your reaction:
Consumers should know their rights. Even with PC games.

TWI needs to heed the consumer rights. Dont come up with similar developers that have lack of support, because the underlying idea is that PC-products need to be well finished before releasing. You dont satisfy with a recently bought laptop that is faulty, do you? As with any other product.

If you do come up with developers that do the right thing, it isnt TWI yet for this product, Blizzard is for example in terms of the lack of big bugs, and major unbalances.

Upvote 0
Blizzard is for example in terms of the lack of big bugs, and major unbalances.

Blizzard is an example of what you can achieve with.. ta..da.. Money. That said Warcraft was dreadfully imbalanced at the start and servers would go down for 2-3 days on occasion to the point they had to refund game time.

Not a good example of yours given that you can do anything with money but even then you'll probably still screw up... as even the mighty did Blizzard.

Upvote 0
All I know is that when they released the Levelup DLC, myself and a few others were having sudden performance problems, so we posted about it. WITHIN 12 HOURS, we had a PERSONAL reply from the devs in that topic, asking us about the problem in more detail and telling us they were working on it. About 24 hours later, we had a patch that fixed it.

I don't know of ANY other company I can get that from. Try something like that with Blizzard or EA. It just doesn't happen. In fact, if it were Blizzard or EA, you'd have had to pay for the DLC in the first place. TWI is one of the few developers I have respect for these days because they do quality work without mountains of cash.

The only other dev that I've seen put anything near this amount of love and personal attention into their work is Stardock. They tendst to focus on strategy games (Both turn-based and RTS), but they're amazing. They're the guys who founded Impulse, quite possibly the only online game-buying venue besides Steam and Direct2Drive that does things right. Bioware and Valve used to be that way until they made it huge with big-money backing...and we ended up with things along the vein of Left 4 Dead 2

Upvote 0
You're complaining because you're not getting free stuff like everyone else? You've already got loads of free weps, levels, perks, maps, achievments, enemies, etc.

None of those were free, they're game updates or original content, both of which are covered under the purchase price.

We won an award for them - something that bring prestige and media awareness to them. In other words, we were directly responsible for increasing their advertisement, which in turn was directly responsible for increased revenues.

I think we deserve something for it.

Upvote 0