• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Killing Floor, Windows 7, and You!

Anzu

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
www.zomgclan.com
I am going out to buy Windows 7 now, but my friend said a bunch of people are having problems with the new KF update because of it.

I looked through the bug report section, and it looked like he was right. So many people were complaining about the game crashing now - and I'd say a good 80% of them had Windows 7.

Is there any official news that Windows 7 and KF don't get along?
Are there any Windows 7 people out there that run it just fine?
[Insert other question here]?

~Thanks

Katana

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2009
I have Windows 7 64-bit, and it's working okay for me. There's one thing where the game quits and it says a display driver stopped working and recovered; that's definitely annoying, but other than that the game runs okay.

Cradle Of Filth

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 13, 2009
There is bug in XP, Vista And Seven !

Ive try on a I7, P4 with each system but still get this king of update related bug ... its not specific to Seven !

Nova Rift

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 25, 2009
New Kensington, PA
I have windows 7 32 bit and the only problem I have is my processor can't handle the game that well so it apphang18's on me but its not windows 7 specific its processor specific

sper09

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 27, 2009
It's not uncommon for gamers to have more than 4GB of ram not counting their virtual ram from the video card these days, so buying the 32-bit would be a waste of the unused hardware they purchased. At least, that's why I go with 64-bit and KF is working like it should for me and Win7 RC 64-bit.

Das Bose

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 8, 2009
Sunny Scarborough
Why is everyone using 64-bit now? Is that the latest torrent? ;) Just kidding, but seriously; does no one else care about their 32-bit applications? I want to try out 7 quite badly, but after reading this article: [url]http://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-64-bit-vs-32-bit-t484.html[/URL], I'm not so certain trying 64-bit will be worth it. I don't want to be stuck with lots of **** / drivers unable to work.

All the 32bit apps I use work just fine with Win 7 x64 and I haven't had a problem with drivers yet either. There will be some older kit with issues of course.

Katana

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2009
Most hardware developers who don't provide 64-bit drivers nowadays are going to be living off dumpster food nextadays. Even ATI has managed Windows 7 64-bit drivers (you can tell I don't think much of them...=p)