• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Weapons Development Team

Prodigy

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 28, 2010
Umbrella Corp. HQ
Hey guys, I am constantly noticing that people are always asking for coders, animators, texture artists, etc. so i have decided to make a steam group to help people find just that, as the group description explains,

"This is a resource for all of the weapons developers of the KF community. As I'm sure all content creators are aware, almost everything is a group effort and can't be done alone. This group is to allow easy access to other coder's, modeler's animator's and what-have-you. By creating this group, I hope to both speed and ease the process of making new content, as well as raise the quality."

The steam link for this group is http://steamcommunity.com/groups/kfwdt

It is a public group, so please, I encourage everybody interested in making Killing Floor weapons to feel free to join.

I hope that this can thrive, and better the KF community.

If you are interested, you may also want to register on the forum, which can be found at http://kfwdt.darkbb.com/

Current Members Include:
Prodigy
Olivier
VidGameDude
C_Gibby
Mamoo
Yomamassis
Crono
The Sorrow
Im Not Meow Meow
-=Ivan=-

Last edited:
First step you guys should take is to make a full tutorial, this way will avoid a billion questions about every single detail in making custom weapons, i totally support this idea.

But in my personal view, if i had the skills, i would make a realism-mod, at first because its much simpler to modify only the weapon status, than it is to add whole new weapons with new 3d models and animations and texture etc, the game right now is extremely unrealistic and imho unfair (perk balance).

By simply doing this:

Perks will only affect the caractetistics thats depends of the human being, more specifically the training that such soldier received, wich can differ by a considerable ammount of accuracy to the weapons (but must understand, that, its NOT the gun spread or the gun accuracy itself that will change, but the capacity to deal with the weapon, not the recoil itself but the stability of the aim after each shot (ever shot the scar full auto? you see how it goes from side to side freneticly? thats it) and the reload speed, like this it will allow you to use another perks weapons like it should (ever runned out of ammo and was forced to pick a dead friends weapon, like for example a Scar? and found out its completely useless since now its shoots beans instead of bullets due to perks)

The guns will balance itself as long as its realistic and helped by correct prices, of both gun and ammo, by the simple logic that, no matter what gun you have, none of them can be good enough in all situations, a shotgun cant shoot long range, a sniper rifle is unnefective on indoor rooms, etc, and also because it has human drawbacks, you would assume an Ak47 is much better than a mp5, for example in bioticslab, it actually isnt until the couple last rounds, lets pretend and assume the mp5 does about the same damage as the m9 since its chambered on the same cartridge, the Ak47 itself is fairly more expensive, enough to leave you without body armor and grenades money from around round 3 to 5, Mp5 Ammo will be much cheaper than Ak47, you can headshot with mp5 just as well, thus you wont run out of money with ammo either, but when the big boys come, you will want the Ak raw stopping power.

example: Shotguns huge penetration on most specimens while Ak,Sca,M14,sa80,mp7, not having it, shotguns should have impact, wide stopping power instead, penetration only if using slugs, but i know regular buckshot can go through some types of doors or walls.

Upvote 0
I would love to see some organized tutorials as well. It seems coders are in demand, and i wouldn't mind learning, but its hard to find good tutorials, and some require software i don't have, or that don't work with windows 64 bit. WHICH IS RETARDED! but whatever. Organized tutorials from the coders and animators would be awesome. Max/Maya have alot of good stuff out there already, but KF specific tutorials would be handy.

Upvote 0
I would love to see some organized tutorials as well. It seems coders are in demand, and i wouldn't mind learning, but its hard to find good tutorials, and some require software i don't have, or that don't work with windows 64 bit. WHICH IS RETARDED! but whatever. Organized tutorials from the coders and animators would be awesome. Max/Maya have alot of good stuff out there already, but KF specific tutorials would be handy.

This individual project has been dead for a long time, man. I don't wanna go into details. It's a little "dramatic." :p

Still, since that's all blown over, a new group altogether wouldn't be a bad idea.

Upvote 0
i would love to help if modelers are needed :).

This individual project has been dead for a long time, man. I don't wanna go into details. It's a little "dramatic." :p

Still, since that's all blown over, a new group altogether wouldn't be a bad idea.

And yeah, if someone want's to resurrect it again, we can, but if you're interested, there's a mod for RO2 that a couple of people and I are starting work on. :p

Upvote 0