• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Update - 1064

It does but you know what they say - "In before the lock!" ;) If you were not playing back then, then you missed out the opportunity to get those achievements, simple as that.

I was so proud of my portal potato achievements. And now they equal nothing :(
And I'm glad they unlocked everything. The last thing I want to see is people complaining on Steam KF forums about locked achievements.

For bunny scrake and the rest of old family you will need 3rd party mutator like: [url]http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=347207708[/URL]

Upvote 0
It does but you know what they say - "In before the lock!" ;) If you were not playing back then, then you missed out the opportunity to get those achievements, simple as that.

I was so proud of my portal potato achievements. And now they equal nothing :(

"I played it first, so I am better than you."

No. We don't do that. Nejcoo has it right; the steam (and this) forum would become full of threads about people complaining how they can't unlock "X" achievement. TWI has done the right thing by the community here.

I can't help but feel that some people in this forum are way too elitist...

Upvote 0
Common man,

Its NOT the end of the world ! It just means TWI now allows the server admins to fully manage their servers and choose when to offer a wide variety of maps, achievo's and Zed skins.

Sure, it may seem like some sort of closure, But there are ways to keep the nostalgia going... A "Nostalgia server" can simply be configured to offer the zeds, and heck, even the map can be presented on a nostalgic server only when the achievements "should" be allowed.

The Locks in my opinion were Ok for the first two years, but you have to realize, not everyone plays the same game for many years - heck, now a days, games can be hot for 6 months or so and dropped on the run. So locking an achievement past the first year may be viewed as a "penalty" for not buying within the first year.

Think of it this way - Any current sales of KF1 will benefit from this decision. I know people will pick this game up for say, 19.99 for the complete KF1 bundle and have a blast. BUT - look how long its going to take some one to earn all those achievements. My point is, drop the Egotestical view and simply say - been there done that many years ago.
Change is always happening, adapt and overcome, or get out of the way.

It just shows that the TWI team is focused on the final touches for Killing Floor 2. Personally I would rather have the TWI Team focused on one game rather than scattered amongst 2 similar games.

I sense these guys are traditionalists, meaning they want to release Killing Floor 2 in 2015, so they can prove to the world they don't need an extra 3+ months to be considered for the Game of the Year awards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From Srgt Stoner

From Srgt Stoner

Quick question, any way to enable event zeds in solo? I looked in my local killingfloor.ini but found no kfmod.kfgametype section. I'm honestly surprised there's no mutators for this.

FOR SOLO CHANGE

Crtl F in killing floor.ini and type [KFmod.KFGameType] (copy and paste) and it is there, or in game you can open console and type set KFGameType SpecialEventType ET_(whichever one you want to activate)
and restart game

ET_None
ET_SummerSideshow
ET_HillbillyHorror
ET_TwistedChristmas

Upvote 0
FOR SOLO CHANGE

Crtl F in killing floor.ini and type [KFmod.KFGameType] (copy and paste) and it is there, or in game you can open console and type set KFGameType SpecialEventType ET_(whichever one you want to activate)
and restart game

ET_None
ET_SummerSideshow
ET_HillbillyHorror
ET_TwistedChristmas
I had figured it out. It was just the ****ty text editor I was using via my phone

Upvote 0
Will the 2011 Halloween Zeds make a come back. Several people I played with mentioned they missed them!

We know they are modifications of the Summer Zeds, but they are pretty awesome! Especially the Pat, Scrake and Crawler.
Twi confirmed that they will not be bringing them back, which who cares they were lame anyways

Upvote 0
Zed Gun

Zed Gun

I collected all the pieces of the ZED Gun and unlocked it. I played and killed the Patriarch. After I close the game, the weapon was locked again.
I see the archievements and shows like is locked, but with the progress bar full and the the 0/0 number.

It's is no longer available or is just a bug?!

Upvote 0