• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Killing Floor Update - 1064

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
http://youtu.be/0brZ8y_zDsw

New Map

• Thrills and Chills Amusement Park (KF-ThrillChill)

All Holiday Event Zeds Can Be Turned On

• Servers (and clients acting as servers) can change a line in their KillingFloor.ini file to change what special event zeds will be in their game.
  • In the Killingfloor.ini, section [KFmod.KFGameType] find the line (or if it is missing admins can add it): SpecialEventType=

Valid inputs for this field are:
  • ET_None - Standard Specimens
  • ET_SummerSideshow - Summer Specimens
  • ET_HillbillyHorror - Halloween Specimens
  • ET_TwistedChristmas - Christmas Specimens

General
  • All event achievements have been turned on permanently

Bugs
  • Fixed a case of logspam that would degrade performance

More information on the video contest can be found here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=102612

lammah

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 1, 2011
California
Can the zeds be changed through webadmin, or even better, voteconfig ?

Does this also mean KF will no longer get new content or events ?

Arblarg

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 24, 2012
Illinois, U.S.
Can the zeds be changed through webadmin, or even better, voteconfig ?
Would certainly be nice, though completely un-necessary.

Does this also mean KF will no longer get new content or events ?
I don't think its that severe, I think it will just come down to TWI taking more community content and officially endorsing it and putting it in game. Might not be anything new but map completion achievements, but its still something for every few months. (Maybe an IJC weapon here and there too).

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Moonbase was just updated to allow the pickup of the Zed Gun pieces. Servers are strongly suggested to download this optional update.

Vi-Pe

Mar 26, 2011
Finland
How do you open the Santas workshops door? I want to get in! (and can you get under the xmas tree?) :D

Tech-Mech

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 1, 2014
Will you be able to add the Halloween Sideshow zeds in a future update? (I ask since the husk variant is seen on the promotional poster)

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Oh... My.. God....

Holiday zeds year round?!?!?!

Fantastic... dedicated halloween servers... x-mas servers... etc. etc...

Is it a fair assumption this means the end of any official holiday events? It just seems logical - but confirmation is always nice.

<NUT> N

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 13, 2012
I'm whit vealck, is possible got the first Halloween zeds instead HillbillyHorror zeds?? I really dont like Hillbilly zeds, prefer old Halloween. Otherwise never understand yet why that change from Halloween event to Southern American zeds.

HappyTrueEvil

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2013
Moonbase was just updated to allow the pickup of the Zed Gun pieces. Servers are strongly suggested to download this optional update.
well since my service proider STILL hasnt fixed the update process i have to update my server manully from my games files, how do i do this update for zed gun pieces?

DMN666

Jun 14, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Can you also allow the mix zeds? I liked using them for Aperture.

edit: i feel as if this update came way to early, i didnt plan for a event to show up for another week or even 2.
I was updating ForrestMark's Mutator to include the Mixed zeds and allow the 2010 Xmas skins as variants.... i was also going to submit more things for whitelisting :(

Edit2: Meh, the mutator can be used for solo/offline at lease.

Last edited:

Rattler

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
I don't see the point of making the EVENT zeds available forever. They were supposed to be "special", but with this update they aren't anymore. What was the point to try to get the "special" event achievements before trying to do 'em in the said time limit, if they mean literally nothing now :( It was nice saying "I was there, I did that event, it was awesome." But now this means nothing. Sad thing really.

Gregs2k2

Thank you please
Mar 21, 2009
UK
www.ragequitters.co.uk
Feels right after 5 years, make them available for all, anytime they like for nostalgia seeing as the release of KF2 will push KF1 into the shadows. Support for KF1 has to stop some time.

Niem

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 23, 2012
in the game I get the normal specimens

I have to do to have the Christmas Specimens?
is changed in the killingfloor.ini file?

or I have to wait for an update?

is that you can get achievements with normal skin of the specimens but would like to change the appearance of these.

Niem

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 23, 2012
in the game, I have normal specimens

I have to do to change the Christmas Specimens?
I change killingfloor.ini file?

is that you can get achievements with normal skin of the specimens but would like to change the appearance of these