• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Twisted Christmas IN SPACE is here!

Congrats and thanks for another awesome update! (also thanks to Giratina148 for pointing out how to enable the Kill Messages, I was about to ask that next). Integrating two of my favorite muts was really cool.

The ZED and dwarfs axe are so godlike.....and not to mention gorgeous to look at!

And then there's the map. Oh, man. :D Bouncing around made me think of the golden days of Q3A! And the animated earth in the background with the dawn about to touch the eastern seaboard? lol, priceless.

Just one question though, since I can't seem to find reference of it anywhere. Which 4 of the 9 new achievements are available only during the event?

If one of them is Have My Axe then I'm in big trouble. lol

Upvote 0
@Tripwire: Will the new DLC's be on sale in the (steam) christmas sale? Because if not, then I'll buy them now. But if yes, then I'll better wait a few days for the sale :p

And, Thanks for the update! Awesome stuff :)

EDIT: Whoa :D I just saw that the "Schneidzekk" is actually the Vector MP :D Awesome, I love that weapon!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Congrats and thanks for another awesome update! (also thanks to Giratina148 for pointing out how to enable the Kill Messages, I was about to ask that next). Integrating two of my favorite muts was really cool.

The ZED and dwarfs axe are so godlike.....and not to mention gorgeous to look at!

And then there's the map. Oh, man. :D Bouncing around made me think of the golden days of Q3A! And the animated earth in the background with the dawn about to touch the eastern seaboard? lol, priceless.

Just one question though, since I can't seem to find reference of it anywhere. Which 4 of the 9 new achievements are available only during the event?

If one of them is Have My Axe then I'm in big trouble. lol

I'm guessing the 4 map achievements, plus Gimli That Axe are the 5 you can unlock any time, which leaves the last four, which I can't seem to recall at the moment.

Upvote 0
It's actually an option in settings, I think it's in the Hud section

That's right, thanks :)

so what's up with killing messages? i dont see them in every server!

thank you for STOP button :)

Read the quote above

Oh cool! When you hit "refresh" in the server browser, it then changes over to "stop." :D

Yep, the in-game browser is kinda broken right now.
It's really slow and don't seem to be loading all the servers... :(

Actually, for me everytime I spawn as a level 5 Berserker I get stuck with a Machete. Level 6 gets a fire-ax. I'm feeling kinda disappointed by this.

You're right, that's lame.

Upvote 0
i think it's very ****ty of them to remove fire resistance from the level 6 firebug.

even though the qualifications for the class still clearly says "100% resistance to fire".

this game is becoming pointless. why have classes anyway?...

i can't be the only one who has noticed this...

if i find out it's deliberate i will uninstall kf and delete my dedicated server without hesitation and without looking back...

Upvote 0
i can't be the only one who has noticed this...

if i find out it's deliberate i will uninstall kf and delete my dedicated server without hesitation and without looking back...

ok, just got another update that fixed it.

a momentary redemption for twi...

however my modded server is still hosed after the update. though that's become par for the course; i can't say i'm not getting very sick of it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're right, that's lame.

I can see changing around some things, but I feel like this is to curb the Zerkers who run off on their own without being with the team. But, the unfortunate thing is, people like me, who only go far enough out to put space between the Specimen and my teammates, suffer a bit. Fire-Ax at 5, Katana at 6, which evens out with what others get. (Let's face it, the Machete is about equal to the hand cannon, they're both better backup weapons that don't take up much space).

Upvote 0
I think this is pathetic of tripwire, I may have a bad reputation for complaining about nerfs, but the thing is I complain about it for the soul purpose of the fact that I loved the game how it was, so what if people thought it was too easy? Make it easy for yourselves, not make everyone else suffer. This is eventually going to get to the point where perks aren't needed & the game is unplayable, not even MMO's mess up a game as bad as Killing Floor is becoming.

Upvote 0
Hi, first of all sorry for my english

I always play as Berseker (now level 6 perk). I have to say....

OK to spawn with axe with AOE (it's funny) :)
ok... to increase price of all berseker weapons :-|
but NO OK to AOE for katana. :mad::(

Katana is over-overpowered now.

• 3 weight
  • cheaper than claymore (i will explain this later)
  • AOE (multiple hits) + chain 4 zed-time
Seriously, Tripware, i LOVE killing floor, but WTF?

If you want to OP Katana, now it's more expensive, ok... but OP the others (not only fire axe with AOE).

My suggestions:

• Same price (the new price) for all berserker weapons
  • Chainsaw damage 2x (yes DOUBLE primary and alt damage. Nobody uses it)

• Claymore 10% faster (can chain zed-time) and/or automatic alt-fire like knife, fire axe.
I don't understand the price & weight & specs of katana VS price & weight & specs of clay and chain.

I will post this in the "ideas and sugeestion" section too

Thank you very much, tripwire, for your awesome game. I hope you read my suggestions.

Upvote 0
Can anyone explain with some detail how the specimen kill messages works now that it is incorporated?

I have been using the mutator as a standalone item on my server.
So when I updated the server I took the call to the mut out.
Then turned on the option in my client but saw no death messages.

Is there something to turn on/call for this on the server side?

Upvote 0
Can anyone explain with some detail how the specimen kill messages works now that it is incorporated?

I have been using the mutator as a standalone item on my server.
So when I updated the server I took the call to the mut out.
Then turned on the option in my client but saw no death messages.

Is there something to turn on/call for this on the server side?

Nothing to activate server side (it's clientside now), just check the "Show Kill Counter" box on SETTINGS>HUD

Don't know why TWI hid this feature there, I bet most KF players don't even know about this "new" functionality...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Here are the changes I have found:

• Changed spawning system to allow easier implementation of event zeds.
  • Added STOP button to server browser.
  • Added new 'no perk' icon for weapons that are not tied to any particular perk (used for the ZED Gun currently).
  • Changed certain weapons to give knockback in low-gravity conditions: Shotgun, AA12 Shotgun, Combat Shotgun, Hunting Shotgun, Dual Flare Revolvers, Vlad The Impaler, and Trenchgun.
  • Changed all weapons to not slow the player's movement while firing in low-gravity environments.
  • Changed all weapons to have adjusted recoil in low-gravity environments.
  • Allowed all weapons with sights/scopes to zoom while in mid-air, for low-gravity environments.
  • Given all melee weapons the AoE effect that only the Claymore and Scythe had previously. Different weapons have a different area of effect.
  • Raised the price of all Berserker weapons.
  • Changed M7A3M to heal 30 points instead of 20.

Upvote 0